• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners at Our Texas Rangers 4/14 - 4/17

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Angels challenged an out/safe call at 1st. Kendrick was safe and they called him out. They kept the call and he was an obviously safe. The A's seem to catch every break.

A's are just big on the fundamentals... they are a good team. Luck doesn't last this long. I agree the do seem to catch a lot of breaks or just get lucky but the reality is they are just a very solid club right now and are well built. It might just be me but I despise the halos way more than the A's. I generally want to see them beat up on the Angels.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have got to be kidding. It was clear as day.

I know, I know.... You all know MLB wants the Oakland A's to be the face of MLB. What? With their beautiful ballpark and superstar names.

lol

There's no possible way you could think he's out. You must have your homer glasses on. The ball has to be secure all the way into the glove. Kendrick's whole foot was on the bag by the time the ball was in the glove.

It was a poor call. No question. I'm not sure how Frieri still closes games. He's garbage. He blows one every time he faces us.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A's are just big on the fundamentals... they are a good team. Luck doesn't last this long. I agree the do seem to catch a lot of breaks or just get lucky but the reality is they are just a very solid club right now and are well built. It might just be me but I despise the halos way more than the A's. I generally want to see them beat up on the Angels.

Ya, I can't believe when they showed that stat tonight that since 2012 Oakland has the best record in MLB with 198. 8 games better than the next.

They are built to win regular season series. Detroit is just a bitch for Oakland. One of the posters earlier is right. They haven't done anything with the division crown in years.

Hopefully for our sake it is different this season.

Tons of baseball to be played.

Sorry for posting on yalls board. I am trying very hard to recruit for and get more participation on ours here at SportsHoopla.

:suds:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no possible way you could think he's out. You must have your homer glasses on. The ball has to be secure all the way into the glove. Kendrick's whole foot was on the bag by the time the ball was in the glove.

you are wrong. no reason crying about it.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate the Angels more mostly because of their fans from the old ESPN boards, but Donaldson and Balfour made OAK a close second.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Angels more mostly because of their fans from the old ESPN boards, but Donaldson and Balfour made OAK a close second.

I don't think they have ball four any more

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, I can't believe when they showed that stat tonight that since 2012 Oakland has the best record in MLB with 198. 8 games better than the next.

They are built to win regular season series. Detroit is just a bitch for Oakland. One of the posters earlier is right. They haven't done anything with the division crown in years.

Hopefully for our sake it is different this season.

Tons of baseball to be played.

Sorry for posting on yalls board. I am trying very hard to recruit for and get more participation on ours here at SportsHoopla.

:suds:

Doesn't bother me much... and me , you, and Justin appear to be the only ones still on this board.:suds:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha what's up Murph... sorry bout that.

Just looking at what Nellie did for the O's today and thinking that would still be a nice bat to have in the lineup for some run production. How would his agent allow him to sign for what he did without letting the Rangers counter with something close to his QO?

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking at what Nellie did for the O's today and thinking that would still be a nice bat to have in the lineup for some run production. How would his agent allow him to sign for what he did without letting the Rangers counter with something close to his QO?

Yeah, I had a bad feeling that we would really miss his production. He knocked in a ton of runs for us. Sure he may be streaky but does what we are missing the most right now... helps teammates find home plate. Do you know that the his agent didn't allow the Rangers to make an offer? I was just under the impression we were just out on him and had committed to MM. Really wish we could have signed him... He was really my favorite from the WS core. I bet ya he puts together a pretty impressive season with the Os.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I had a bad feeling that we would really miss his production. He knocked in a ton of runs for us. Sure he may be streaky but does what we are missing the most right now... helps teammates find home plate. Do you know that the his agent didn't allow the Rangers to make an offer? I was just under the impression we were just out on him and had committed to MM. Really wish we could have signed him... He was really my favorite from the WS core. I bet ya he puts together a pretty impressive season with the Os.

I do not know for sure if his agent didn't afford the Rangers an opportunity to match his contract offer by the O's but considering a QO was made, if the Rangers could have gotten him for 9 mill and passed that would be a balk. I know he wanted to play the OF, and could have in a rotation and DH'd and gotten AB's and would have definitely brought HR's and run production. I believe the FO was done after the Fielder and Choo moves and just allowed Cruz to sign elsewhere though i think he should have been brought back for production alone

Last edited by a moderator:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we hit rock bottom, guys, but i don't think we have yet. I think having Cruz and even Kinsler back would have helped our production. Maybe not in the long haul, I guess. I guess Prince must think he has that all on his shoulders. Tough. Hard to gage this year, truly.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we hit rock bottom, guys, but i don't think we have yet. I think having Cruz and even Kinsler back would have helped our production. Maybe not in the long haul, I guess. I guess Prince must think he has that all on his shoulders. Tough. Hard to gage this year, truly.

Hate to say it but the team is an injury away from being completely devastated if Fielder, EA, Choo, Rios or even MM goes down for a considerable amount of time. Not to mention an injury to SP or BP. Gonna try and watch the rest of the first half in hopes the team pulls off something miraculous.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team needs to lock Darvish up now, don't wait JD!

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is hard to gauge with so many starters missing, whether pitching or position.
I was trying to say essentially the same thing on the other thread.

On one hand, 12/13 games in, it's too early to know.
On the other, the division is tough and how many losses can you realistically afford early in the season.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always a Cruz fan. Some jumped on and off the bandwagon with him. But whe hot he could really carry a team. FYI-Gallo hit his 5th HR. I believe all on the road.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be totally wrong but didn't Wash get ejected earlier in the game? If so it was probably Bogar making that decision.

From what I understand the manager still makes the decisions from the locker room.

I saw some reference to Magdigan and on my way home last night I was thinking just how bad we were last year in many games offensively and now again this year. Even with I injuries you should be able to score more than this and execute better than this.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One big difference between Oakland and LA is one of them knows when to can their closer.