• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Season wrap Giants post game

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real concern and understandable from a dwindling fan base that's seen too much ineptness from this franchise for so many years.

It's for this reason that i believe a bridge QB must be acquired in addition to a rookie

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still on the Jimmy G train as I believe Lance has sat and next year is his time. This will effectively lower Jimmy G's asking price knowing Lance will be named starter. They did not draft him to sit 2 years. Kyle & Lynch's job rest on the success of Lance moving forward.

My plan: Trade for Jimmy G and draft a QB in this years draft where you see appropriate. If it is in the later rounds, so be it and Garrappolo can start for 2 years.

I am against this completely, but for the sake of having an open mind, Jimmy G was in the superbowl when the run game and defense was lights out.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to that interview with RR yesterday and did not take any of it as gospel. I think he wanted to give the idea that they would do what is necessary without committing to anything. The Junkies were trying to pin him down on specifics and he was not going to give that information away.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real concern and understandable from a dwindling fan base that's seen too much ineptness from this franchise for so many years.

It's for this reason that i believe a bridge QB must be acquired in addition to a rookie

what is the cause of a dwindling fan base ? a huge one is the name change

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats just icing and continued idiocy

Countless fans lost before the name was lost in 20
this team went through huge eras of losing yet still had a growing fan base

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this team went through huge eras of losing yet still had a growing fan base
not by any metric ive seen

fanbase already completely diminished by 2020, which is when we lost the name due to ad revenue pressure

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fanbase already completely diminished by 2020, which is when we lost the name due to ad revenue pressure

The problem is that skinsdad's understanding of things is based on subjectivity not objectivity.

If you look at any reliable metric - declining attendance at home games, declining merchandise sales, declining net worth, the WFT has had diminishing fan interest for a decade at least, probably longer.

I

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you wouldnt have seen it but between 1945 and 1971 the skins had like 2 winning seasons with an asshole owner

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you wouldnt have seen it but between 1945 and 1971 the skins had like 2 winning seasons with an asshole owner
I haven't seen those metrics but I'd be interested. I'd guess the explosion in the fan base really began when Allen came to town.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we wish and hope but I think it is doubtful. he's just hiding behind the curtain, his wife etc

look to the benches... while I didn't have the problem most did with them, that was all Danny Boy
Was it Cali? You have proof of that? While Danny Boy might provide resources to get things done, I believe RR is pulling all the strings at the moment. Until I see otherwise, RR is calling the shots as his job description indicates "Coach Centric" if you remember right.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am against this completely, but for the sake of having an open mind, Jimmy G was in the superbowl when the run game and defense was lights out.
And, Jimmy G is back in the playoffs again even while injured. Secured a must win without Trent Williams playing and his defense currently is not lights out. I believe you all to be over looking a very good QB with experience in the league who has proven to be a winner. Does he get hurt time to time, yes he does. His track record will indicate he wants to be a starter moving forward. How many of those jobs will be available to him next season? I can certainly name 1.

I will add that the cost of obtaining JG will be far lower than say, Watson, Wilson or Rodgers. No, JG is not in that tier of QB's as he is in the next grouping of QB's and if available, at the top of that list. I'm not against looking at Mariota or a few others in this tier of QB's but he is my 1.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You think RR wanted Washington benches in Philadelphia? No way I am buying into that.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, 2 seasons of crap football for the Giants and Judge dismissed. 2 seasons of crap football in DC, nothing changes. Hmmm...

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, Jimmy G is back in the playoffs again even while injured. Secured a must win without Trent Williams playing and his defense currently is not lights out. I believe you all to be over looking a very good QB with experience in the league who has proven to be a winner. Does he get hurt time to time, yes he does. His track record will indicate he wants to be a starter moving forward. How many of those jobs will be available to him next season? I can certainly name 1.

I will add that the cost of obtaining JG will be far lower than say, Watson, Wilson or Rodgers. No, JG is not in that tier of QB's as he is in the next grouping of QB's and if available, at the top of that list. I'm not against looking at Mariota or a few others in this tier of QB's but he is my 1.

Another thing to consider, if Jimmy G completely flamed out in DC, you just gave 2 assets to a NFC squad, a squad in a tough division that may end up getting the 7 spot in 2022. 49ers already robbed us at gunpoint getting Trent for a 3rd, why would they trade Jimmy G to us for peanuts? I'd rather have Matt Ryan than Jimmy. But again, much respect on your qb opinions. I wanted odell beckham, and few agreed. All good

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing to consider, if Jimmy G completely flamed out in DC, you just gave 2 assets to a NFC squad, a squad in a tough division that may end up getting the 7 spot in 2022. 49ers already robbed us at gunpoint getting Trent for a 3rd, why would they trade Jimmy G to us for peanuts? I'd rather have Matt Ryan than Jimmy. But again, much respect on your qb opinions. I wanted odell beckham, and few agreed. All good
As you are aware Skin, talent wins out regardless of the person. Matty Ice is a bit older than what I prefer however, I could see why you would want him here for say, 2-3 seasons to groom a rook.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you are aware Skin, talent wins out regardless of the person. Matty Ice is a bit older than what I prefer however, I could see why you would want him here for say, 2-3 seasons to groom a rook.

That is true, talent trumps all. So much to think about, enjoying the conversations and different opinions. I need to listen for myself, to better understand why RR revealed what he's willing to give up for one guy so soon