• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Season Over Fire Ron Rivera

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Washington to be in the playoff hunt. A few years ago I was loving Micah Parsons and dad said will the that get us. As a fan I said just getting in. I haven't done the math but we might have had a shot at Parsons.
It was a mistake...I agree.

He is incredible.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a mistake...I agree.

He is incredible.
He is incredible as a pass rusher, Quinn was smart enough to see that. Not sure what JDR would have done. He is okay as a LBer but nowhere near as dangerous.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I don't read dean but he is an optimist. I quit reading dean because when he was wrong about players or coaches he always made excuses for them.
Well, that is true.

I will be honest, I thought we would probably sweep the giants after I saw them struggle so badly at the start of the season.

I even ran my mouth to friend claiming brissett could beat the giants even if Howell got knocked out. There was earlier talk with Dean and I about how bad the giants were. I was wrong and I admit it.

I will call myself out for 2 things publically for not getting it until now...

1. It truly is a week to week league. The best teams are the ones that are the most consistent. I am learning that finally.

2. The giants might have a poor record every year, but it doesn't mean anything when it comes to playing us.
Also, expect slug matches with each nfc east team regardless of record. They can beat us anytime...we can beat them anytime as well. I learned that this week.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is incredible as a pass rusher, Quinn was smart enough to see that. Not sure what JDR would have done. He is okay as a LBer but nowhere near as dangerous.
How similar is he to Arrington?
Isn't Arrington more of an athletic freak than Parsons?

Isn't Parsons the smarter player though? You watched them both in the nfl and college. Arrington seemed bigger and faster if I remember...but was more emotional?

I could be misremebering.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that is true.

I will be honest, I thought we would probably sweep the giants after I saw them struggle so badly at the start of the season.

I even ran my mouth to friend claiming brissett could beat the giants even if Howell got knocked out. There was earlier talk with Dean and I about how bad the giants were. I was wrong and I admit it.

1. It truly is a week to week league. The best teams are the ones that are the most consistent. I am learning that finally.

2. The giants might have a poor record every year, but it doesn't mean anything when it comes to playing us.
Also, expect slug matches with each nfc east team regardless of record. They can beat us anytime...we can beat them anytime as well. I learned that this week.
They only lost to the Bills by 5

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only lost to the Bills by 5
Not to hype them up, but they seem to be improving.
There again, they lost 40-0 week 1 right?
Can't believe we have 10 games left. I think 5-5 is the best we can do at this point unless adjustments are made.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How similar is he to Arrington?
Isn't Arrington more of an athletic freak than Parsons?

Isn't Parsons the smarter player though? You watched them both in the nfl and college. Arrington seemed bigger and faster if I remember...but was more emotional?

I could be misremebering.
Probably similar in size and speed, Arrington was more of a free lancer which is why Williams didn't like him. Arrington would have been better used as a 3-4 LBer. Probably give an edge to Arrington as an athlete.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably similar in size and speed, Arrington was more of a free lancer which is why Williams didn't like him. Arrington would have been better used as a 3-4 LBer. Probably give an edge to Arrington as an athlete.
Ok...that makes sense.
Arrington could track down anybody..I swear

I still remember him concussing Troy aikman.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to hype them up, but they seem to be improving.
There again, they lost 40-0 week 1 right?
Can't believe we have 10 games left. I think 5-5 is the best we can do at this point unless adjustments are made.
I felt like EB let the team down big time. St. Juste just go beat, it happens and 36 did not get enough depth on the the other TD. Why did it take EB a half to get the offense playing better?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt like EB let the team down big time. St. Juste just go beat, it happens and 36 did not get enough depth on the the other TD. Why did it take EB a half to get the offense playing better?
Man...I don't know.

I don't have any answers. Seems like he would have stopped the 5 and 7 step drops after NY blitzed for the 100th time. I want to see the % of the time they brought added pressure. My concern is that the blueprint is now out on how to stop howell.

EB is still learning as well. Maybe that is part of the problem

Rookie qb (starting wise)
Rookie full time play caller
Poor OLine

Bad results

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...I don't know.

I don't have any answers. Seems like he would have stopped the 5 and 7 step drops after NY blitzed for the 100th time. I want to see the % of the time they brought added pressure. My concern is that the blueprint is now out on how to stop howell.

Poor OLine

Bad results
It has been out there. DCs have used a couple of different ways but we never seem to be able to scheme it up.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been out there. DCs have used a couple of different ways but we never seem to be able to scheme it up.
Buffalo seemed to know what to do.
Not kissing the ring of the cowboys as it is still a rivalry game but...I think Parsons might take howell out. I can see 9 dallas sacks.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that is true.

Also look who the giants have played. Sure hasn’t been a cupcake schedule

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...I don't know.

Poor OLine

Bad results
Is EB learning? I don't see it. Its in your post. EB continually called 5 n 7 step drops with a weak OL against a blitz happy defense.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Washington to be in the playoff hunt. A few years ago I was loving Micah Parsons and dad said will the that get us. As a fan I said just getting in. I haven't done the math but we might have had a shot at Parsons.
rather for the season to end than take a playoff blowout on the road everytime.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is EB learning? I don't see it. Its in your post. EB continually called 5 n 7 step drops with a weak OL against a blitz happy defense.
You are right...I am trying to guess what is going on.

Like I said, I don't have the answers but trying to comprehend what is happening.

The only answer i have is that rivers needs to go. Not only from a coaching perspective, but a front office perspective.

I think everyone but Dean sees or agrees with that.

That is all I got though.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also look who the giants have played. Sure hasn’t been a cupcake schedule
I am still shocked we scored 7 point only. Not sure i have an answer there.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People on this board year in and year out underestimate the giants . They are 6-1-1 vs us in the RR era