• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean Taylor: A Football Life

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this deserves its own thread ...

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]514527180349382656[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the superb job that they did with Jerry Smith, this is must see.....Thanks for the heads up!!

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santana Moss Clip from the preview just rips at your heart

STLADAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been one of the best to ever play the game imo... Life is too short... Cant wait to watch

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who missed Clinton Portis talk about Sean Taylor this morning on NFL AM Remembering Sean Taylor - NFL Videos

Very interesting to see Portis discussing this subject while sitting right next to Arrington. I am guessing that the two of them have made up over time. As some may recall - Portis was extremely pissed at Arrington after Taylor's death. Arrington gave a powerful eulogy at Taylor's funeral & Portis viewed it as being very insincere & he was not shy about expressing his feelings (since Portis was extremely tight with Taylor).

Otherwise - good memories from both guys.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting to see Portis discussing this subject while sitting right next to Arrington. I am guessing that the two of them have made up over time. As some may recall - Portis was extremely pissed at Arrington after Taylor's death. Arrington gave a powerful eulogy at Taylor's funeral & Portis viewed it as being very insincere & he was not shy about expressing his feelings (since Portis was extremely tight with Taylor).

Otherwise - good memories from both guys.

I had actually forgotten that. That does provide an interesting side note.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Steinberg

I watched NFL Network's Sean Taylor film and talked to the producers about it. See here http://wapo.st/1uGWF6j http://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/514813782439522305/photo/1

Excerpt

Erik Powers, now a producer in his ninth season with NFL Films, was in his early 20s when Taylor died, with just the cursory NFL fan’s familiarity with the Pro Bowl safety. He had heard some of the national media chatter — that Taylor’s death was not terribly surprising if you considered how he lived his life — but that account seemed incongruous with the reaction at FedEx Field.

“That image just sort of stuck with me,” Powers said this week. Taylor “was a man who you didn’t really hear from. He didn’t give interviews. And yet he had this bond with Redskins fans. There were just so many full-grown adults moved to tears, holding up those towels. It just stuck with me.”

The message of the film — which premieres on NFL Network on Friday at 9 p.m. — is thus “fairly obvious: that you really can’t judge anybody based on isolated incidents,” Swain said. “It would be really easy to judge him based on the things that you heard or you read, [because] he never really said anything about it or defended himself or told the real story. Yeah, those events were part of his life, but I don’t think they are what defined him, at least not to the people he knew.”

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been one of the best to ever play the game imo... Life is too short... Cant wait to watch

I totally agree.......the one caveat is that he might have been unable to play under the new rules.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree.......the one caveat is that he might have been unable to play under the new rules.

If you are referring to big hits on defensless players??????? I dont think it would be a problem...You look at his highlights....He wasn't a merriweather head hunter!!! he hit them in the chest!!!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are referring to big hits on defensless players??????? I dont think it would be a problem...You look at his highlights....He wasn't a merriweather head hunter!!! he hit them in the chest!!!

I used to think the same way as you about ST. He was a shoulder in the chest or shoulder hitter. But he might arguably be the fiercest hitter in the NFL now had he not been killed. The err on the side of caution deal with the hitting of defenseless player rule would've drawn a lotta flags imo.

ST would've led the league in "We're sorry. That wasn't a penalty. You just legally knocked the shit outta dude." letters from the NFL executive office.

On a possible silver lining note. Maybe it would've turned ST into an even better ball hawk.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santana Moss Clip from the preview just rips at your heart

I saw that, too! It's been seven years, but it seems to still hurt Santana a whole lot. Honestly, I hate to think about his passing because I can only think about what-if. It's tough.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to think the same way as you about ST. He was a shoulder in the chest or shoulder hitter. But he might arguably be the fiercest hitter in the NFL now had he not been killed. The err on the side of caution deal with the hitting of defenseless player rule would've drawn a lotta flags imo.

ST would've led the league in "We're sorry. That wasn't a penalty. You just legally knocked the shit outta dude." letters from the NFL executive office.

On a possible silver lining note. Maybe it would've turned ST into an even better ball hawk.

I had the same concerns. However - unlike several others - Taylor's game went well beyond hard hits. If you recall at the time of his death he was leading the NFL in INTs. He also quite possibly was one of the Redskins top playmakers in spite of the fact that he played defense & did not return kicks. Just think of some of the huge plays he made in his short time - TD returns vs Eagles in playoff clincher & one vs. Bucs in playoff game as well as huge return against Boys on FG block.

I am pretty sure that he would have adapted his game as a result of the rules. Sadly we will never know.

STLADAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets not forget he was a ball hawk as well... personally I think he would have been just fine

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will also always remember that he was part of several Miami Hurricanes teams that IMO had by far the most amt of talent - especially at the skill positions - than any other team in the history of college football.

From the secondary around that time they featured Taylor, Ed Reed, A. Rolle & Phillip Buchanon among others. On the defensive side you can throw in the likes of Wilfork, Vilma & others. On the offensive side they had more talent than some NFL teams to include the likes of Portis, Gore, McGahee, A. Johnson, R. Wayne, Moss, Winslow, etc. Only shortcoming was that they never really had a great QB (kind of similar to the makeup of current Alabama teams).

Amazing that their teams of that era didn't win more championships.

mHeady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sean taylor is why i am a redskin fan today

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man... I held it together until the last minute of the show... then I burst into tears, sitting there in the dark, crying just like I did that night in 2007. That last minute was so fucking sad... "He would have been a great father".

:bawling: