• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean Lee placed on IR... Cowboys trade for Rolando McClain

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give up a 6th - get McClain and a 7th...

Im OK with this. The linebacker corps just got better.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legit move by the boys.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He retired twice saying he had no will to play football. Was suspended for 2 games for arguing with his coach and was arrested 3 times in a 11 month span.

Did the passion return or did the money run out? And who retires at 24??...let alone twice.

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He retired twice saying he had no will to play football. Was suspended for 2 games for arguing with his coach and was arrested 3 times in a 11 month span.

Did the passion return or did the money run out? And who retires at 24??...let alone twice.

That's all true and why I'd think he has a very short leach.
Zero tolerance

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It cost us a 6th and we get a 7th. If he retired a 3rd time it's no big deal.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wants him but we trade a pick for him? Seems strange, but I'm not going to worry about swapping late round picks for a guy that I loved coming out of College just a couple of years ago. Worth the risk I guess, but I'm not assuming he makes the team or have much of an impact if he does based on the last couple years

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wants him but we trade a pick for him? Seems strange, but I'm not going to worry about swapping late round picks for a guy that I loved coming out of College just a couple of years ago. Worth the risk I guess, but I'm not assuming he makes the team or have much of an impact if he does based on the last couple years

not sure anyone as assumed anything here.

it's all depends on how one looks at things I suppose

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McClain is a lottery ticket. Not someone the team is going to build around. I think it was worthwhile to take the gamble.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not like we are giving way high picks. Maybe Marinelli can motivate him to give a crap. Very few highly touted Alabama linebacker translate to the NFL,but I think his main issue is desire. He does look like an immediate upgrade over Hitchens though. We should have drafted Smith from Florida state. I think the smaller,fast ILB are going to be necessary with all the teams using two tight ends

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have that much of a problem with off the field issues in the evaluation of a player talent. They show up to play will fire in the belly just the same.

But a 24 year old with motivational issues is a monster red flag.

The man said this in April. That's 90 days ago.

"I gotta follow my heart. It ain't football. If football made me complete I would play. But whenever I think of it my heart pulls me away from whatever reason. ... This means I'm done.

"Now I know God has something else planned for me and that my life is bigger than football,"

For the record, I want to be as wrong as ever on this.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have that much of a problem with off the field issues in the evaluation of a player talent. They show up to play will fire in the belly just the same.

"I gotta follow my heart. It ain't football. If football made me complete I would play. But whenever I think of it my heart pulls me away from whatever reason. ... This means I'm done.

"Now I know God has something else planned for me and that my life is bigger than football,"

agreed with all you said
However it's a no risk deal ...

Cowboys pick up Rolando McClain's tolled nonguaranteed contract of $700,000 for 2014. He also has $400,000 incentives based on playing time

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And - for the record - I agree with you completely. I hope the dude took a year, got his shit together, found whatever passion he had for the game and comes back recharged and ready to go. If that's the guy we ended up with for a 6th round pick, then the 7th round pick is a bonus. If not - then we traded a 6 for a 7. No big deal...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still at a loss for how this guy was such a huge bust. I thought he was a safe pick to be a stud LB for years. I wouldn't have been surpised if he came off the field in the nickel but on early downs I just don't get it. I assumed it was an attitude problem or some kind of off the field problem, not a talent issue.. So maybe he matures and becomes a good LB or maybe he is cut and goes away forever. I'm not sure he is the type of guy we want on the team unless he is a significant contributor.