• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Vikings ***MUST WIN***

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see the usual fire Bevell garbage after this game.
:heh:

Because he doesn't deserve any. If you want to play that game, then Bevell had nothing to do with the win because Bevell apparently had nothing to do with the losses. And I was going to just post about the adjustments like not running the stupid read option and having Wilson line up behind center more often. We're also seeing a more vertical passing attack these days.

I'll bash Bevell when I think he deserves it and give him kudo's when I think he deserves them. This was a well called game. The W/L thing and the injuries to Lynch and Graham have allowed them to shuffle things around in somebody's head (don't know who it is) and we're more aggressive now.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he doesn't deserve any. If you want to play that game, then Bevell had nothing to do with the win because Bevell apparently had nothing to do with the losses. And I was going to just post about the adjustments like not running the stupid read option and having Wilson line up behind center more often. We're also seeing a more vertical passing attack these days.

I'll bash Bevell when I think he deserves it and give him kudo's when I think he deserves them. This was a well called game. The W/L thing and the injuries to Lynch and Graham have allowed them to shuffle things around in somebody's head (don't know who it is) and we're more aggressive now.
You obviously missed snuggles comments...
I don't give him any more credit for the wins than blame for the losses myself. Wilson is playing better and it is showing. The line has been better and it's obvious. Carroll seems to be letting them be more aggressive and Bevell seems to be doing well with the less conservative game plans.
I was just trolling those that feel he's the worst OC in the game and no amount of winning will change it. Seattle is back to back NFC champs and 1 play from back to back SB champions and yet Bevell is horrible. Just like to rattle the cages of those who really don't understand how all of the pieces of an offense go together and overly simplify it.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously missed snuggles comments...
I don't give him any more credit for the wins than blame for the losses myself. Wilson is playing better and it is showing. The line has been better and it's obvious. Carroll seems to be letting them be more aggressive and Bevell seems to be doing well with the less conservative game plans.
I was just trolling those that feel he's the worst OC in the game and no amount of winning will change it. Seattle is back to back NFC champs and 1 play from back to back SB champions and yet Bevell is horrible. Just like to rattle the cages of those who really don't understand how all of the pieces of an offense go together and overly simplify it.

I apologize if that's the case. The only thing I ever said was either he's handcuffed and can't talk sense into PC or he just sucks. I'm leaning towards the former now. The games have been called great. Hopefully this is what we see going forward because we've made the right adjustments and are letting RW be RW. You pay a guy 20 million then you should let him decide games.

But bottom line is that Bevell gets another A+ this week. Game was called great, Wilson was allowed to do his thing from the pocket over the middle and we stomped them.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hit was clean, that's all I know ... He lowered his shoulder and did it by the book ... Locket went down which made his helmet hit, but watching the replay you could see clearly that the defender did it by the book ... The helmet grab was a separate thing... so I feel my view is correct, I feel yours isn't ...
You clearly don't understand the rules. Lockett was hit in the head. It doesnt matter what part of the body the defender leads with. If you go to the head or neck area of a defenseless receiver, it's a personal foul. Easy call, made every time.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly don't understand the rules. Lockett was hit in the head. It doesnt matter what part of the body the defender leads with. If you go to the head or neck area of a defenseless receiver, it's a personal foul. Easy call, made every time.

It seemed more facemask to facemask and he was looking to wrap on top of it. I think it was a bad call and understand why it was made. It just looked a lot worse than it actually was.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed more facemask to facemask and he was looking to wrap on top of it. I think it was a bad call and understand why it was made. It just looked a lot worse than it actually was.
I guess you're another who doesn't understand the rule. IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT THE DEFENDER HITS WITH. If the receiver is defenseless, gets hit in the head/neck area, it's a personal foul. It's really not that hard.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you read or listen to any of the breakdowns of the last few games, this is largely because of having time to throw. Picking up blitzes, establishing a pocket, it's made all of the difference.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read or listen to any of the breakdowns of the last few games, this is largely because of having time to throw. Picking up blitzes, establishing a pocket, it's made all of the difference.
Yup and the more times they give Wilson a clean pocket, the fewer times Wilson leaves the pocket early. Having confidence in the OL makes a difference.

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle was terrible today!!! Special teams sucked and Lynch!? Lynch gained zero yards and we're paying this scrub millions. F'ing done with Seattle... f this team. Trade Wilson, cut the entire D, and trade the first for Manziel come offseason.
LMAO! You do have a sense of humor must be the Christmas Spirit or the Seahawks Late Season Dominating Spirit(cept for that dumbest call in the history of the SB)!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The difference is that the offensive players are actually executing the plays called much much better... The calls were always there but the execution was lousy the first 7 or 8 games or so...

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Clark set the tone on the edge early on... He played a fantastic game... Glad he got that extra PT we've been asking for... They moved Bennett to the inside at times giving Clark more snaps throughout the game... He had 2 sacks and 2 PD's... Great game by the youngster...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is that the offensive players are actually executing the plays called much much better... The calls were always there but the execution was lousy the first 7 or 8 games or so...

We're running the read option a lot less, Wilson's lining up behind center more, and we're running more vertical routes that attack the middle of the field. Getting away from those read option formations and having Wilson drop back from center is forcing guys to make decisions in the middle instead of keying in on the backfield.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Clark set the tone on the edge early on... He played a fantastic game... Glad he got that extra PT we've been asking for... They moved Bennett to the inside at times giving Clark more snaps throughout the game... He had 2 sacks and 2 PD's... Great game by the youngster...
Good to hear. A third pass rusher is a good thing and I feel Clark can be that guy. Every thing is going in the right direction right now, let's hope it continues.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're running the read option a lot less, Wilson's lining up behind center more, and we're running more vertical routes that attack the middle of the field. Getting away from those read option formations and having Wilson drop back from center is forcing guys to make decisions in the middle instead of keying in on the backfield.

I'm not sure we ran it less, we ran it 6-7 times today.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it up for the band, Sexual Chocolate...

11202443_1043125425732413_7214056382253550436_n.jpg

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Clark played a ton inside himself today. I think he had as many snaps at DT as he did at DE lol. They have been grooming him to replace Bennett and from what i saw he will, if he continues to improve at this pace, be better than Bennett with less Off sides and personal fouls. I can't wait as Bennett cost the Hawks BIG time in the last superbowl AND 1 loss this year rests SQUARELY on Bennett's shoulders.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Clark played a ton inside himself today. I think he had as many snaps at DT as he did at DE lol. They have been grooming him to replace Bennett and from what i saw he will, if he continues to improve at this pace, be better than Bennett with less Off sides and personal fouls. I can't wait as Bennett cost the Hawks BIG time in the last superbowl AND 1 loss this year rests SQUARELY on Bennett's shoulders.
Rather have both myself. Yeah Bennett can be a knucklehead, but he makes up for it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather have both myself. Yeah Bennett can be a knucklehead, but he makes up for it.

He has not made up for a loss until he single handily wins a game for the Hawks which he has not did ever. He has had some great games but lets be honest here he benefits SO MUCH from Avril it's not even funny. I advise people to go back and watch his 3 sack game and look what he did. He voided lanes and broke assignments to grab stats. Bennett is all about getting paid even if it hurts the team. It was Avrils pressure that allowed Bennett to get Sacks as QB's would run right to Bennett. The amount of time this happens is shocking. Anyone playing With Avril will get those benefits.

Remember it was Bennett's stupid ass that almost cost the Hawks the Lions game also.

Go watch the clip where he jumped offsides or has a late hit on the QB ( forgot which it was )and Wagner said "use your head" and Bennett got mad at him and basically said Fuck you. Yeah this guy is all about me and not about the team and i really expect him to be gone this coming offseason. Mark it down, write it on your calendar.

You know whats sad is when we Had Bennett the first time i was pissed they released him. I was very happy when we got him back but after having the all 22 for a few season i have seen way to much that he has cost than his production.

Last edited:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the offense is going against a very depleted Vikings defense. It is the defense that has been impressive in shutting down Peterson.

Hard to tell how good our offense is when measured against so many injuries on the other team.
This is the 2nd time you mentioned this, but I must offer that Minny isn't playing against Marshawn and Jimmy, 2 of our biggest threats on O. Road game, 10 am start, missing 2 of our scoring threats evens this all out.