• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Vikings ***MUST WIN***

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the 2nd time you mentioned this, but I must offer that Minny isn't playing against Marshawn and Jimmy, 2 of our biggest threats on O. Road game, 10 am start, missing 2 of our scoring threats evens this all out.
And we will be without those probably for the rest of the season.

The point was the offense wasn't tested against a full defense. I did say the defense gets a lot of credit for stopping their offense. That was legit.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, 5 TDs just before the half all in the South end zone.

I remember one of the commentators that day said at the half, "The Seattle Seahawks had one the coin toss and elected to kick the living bejesus out of the Minnesota Vikings"...

That was a classic quote...

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am watching the game now on NFL Replay and just saw the "turning point play", the sack which turned into a 15 yard penalty. The commentator said it was a horrible call, but as I'm sure many here have said, the whistle had clearly been blown before the extracurricular leg pull/lift. That's unnecessary roughness in the rules book. I do think it was ticky tack, but anyone who thinks it was a game changer is a idiot.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember one of the commentators that day said at the half, "The Seattle Seahawks had one the coin toss and elected to kick the living bejesus out of the Minnesota Vikings"...

That was a classic quote...
I vividly remember that game. I took my best pal to the stadium for his 1st game at Seahawk Stadium. There were a few Vikes fans adorning their braids and helmets close to our seats. They were polite and not out of line.
About 6 minutes before the half, my buddy (who remembers well the long lines at the Kingdome) suggested we head to the concession lines to beat the halftime rush. I told him the new stadium has corrected many of the long line problems so there was no rush to leave.
With under 3 minutes before the half, Shaun Alexander scored 3 TD's in about 60 seconds. Then Reggie Tongue had a pick 6 60 seconds later. Knock out blow right in front of our 25 yard line row 22 seats.
Minnesota Vikings at Seattle Seahawks - September 29th, 2002 | Pro-Football-Reference.com
By the half, the nice Vikes fans had flown our coop.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we will be without those probably for the rest of the season.

The point was the offense wasn't tested against a full defense. I did say the defense gets a lot of credit for stopping their offense. That was legit.

You and I largely agree on the game but I disagree with you here.

Maybe the Vikings would have been better with all of their starters but we still dominated the game. Of course the offense will have a tougher time against top tier defenses but if the OL keep playing the way they have been, we are going to be hard to stop.

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally finished watching the whole game and I have one question to ask my Seahawk Brethren, was that not one of the most dominating wins in all three phases of the game the Seahawks have ever played? I'd rate the SB game as 1, the 2005 NFC Title game as 2 just off my mind, but I'd love to be reminded of other awesome Seahawk games where we just destroyed teams in all three phases.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a while before I felt this way about a win. SB 48 was it.

The rest of the NFL don't know what is about to hit them

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we're back.

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also in hindsight after watching the game, do the Michael Bennett bashers still think we could get a better player then him? BTW, it's OK to admit you're wrong, humility is a rare and beneficial trait. Heh!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally finished watching the whole game and I have one question to ask my Seahawk Brethren, was that not one of the most dominating wins in all three phases of the game the Seahawks have ever played? I'd rate the SB game as 1, the 2005 NFC Title game as 2 just off my mind, but I'd love to be reminded of other awesome Seahawk games where we just destroyed teams in all three phases.
58-0 over the Cards 3 years ago.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also in hindsight after watching the game, do the Michael Bennett bashers still think we could get a better player then him? BTW, it's OK to admit you're wrong, humility is a rare and beneficial trait. Heh!
I think Screaming is the only MB basher.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Screaming is the only MB basher.

I get on his case with his dumb penalties at the wrong times of the games, but he's a beast and needs to be on that line. The guy drives me nuts at times, but he's damn good.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, I have to say that was very refreshing to see the Hawks dominate on all sides of the ball. RW looked like a man on a mission, Rawls looks like the future starter and deserves it and the D played lights out holding Peterson in check. Great game and onto the Ravens!