• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks should make bringing back Sidney Rice a priority

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about it and I really think the Seahawks should match any other offer Rice gets, assuming it is reasonable.

Before the 2013 season I had a strong feeling that Sidney Rice would be cut by this point considering his cap hit, but I think bringing him back on a reasonable 1 year deal makes a lot of sense for the Seahawks. There are no other vets on the market that could come as cheap as Rice would likely come, plus Rice already has chemistry with Russell Wilson.

Bringing back Sidney Rice on a 1 year deal I believe makes a lot of sense as he would likely not cost too much and he improves the Seahawks depth/options at WR considering his size. Rice has the obvious injury concerns, but for the 10 or so games he would be a solid starter and offer the Seahawks someone with decent size.

Sidney Rice is not the player he was in 2009 and didn't look overly impressive in 2013, but he would offer the Seahawks another option at a reasonable price.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll depend on the kinds of offers he gets elsewhere. If all the offers are in the neighborhood of an offer from the Seahawks, I think he comes back for a shot at another ring. However, if there's a team out there willing to overlook his recent injury history that comes with a tendency to miss entire halves of seasons and they're willing to pay him a fair bit more or give him more years than a Seahawks offer would, I think he's gone. He won't be making the kind of cash he made while he was here, so he shouldn't be expecting that, but I don't think he's gonna get low-balled even with the injury history. He has the talent to be a #1 somewhere or at the very least a really good #2.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did a solid job for us but he is and injury prone guy…. I"m definitely not against him staying a Seahawks because he's got talent but the injury thing makes me think he'll be on the sideline more than he's actually contributing..

Ksfnslayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Harvin and Rice there are high possibilities of injuries, I don't think stacking up a lot of these is kinds is a wise idea. I like Rice but he would have to come cheap. just me though..

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Harvin and Rice there are high possibilities of injuries, I don't think stacking up a lot of these is kinds is a wise idea. I like Rice but he would have to come cheap. just me though..

I would assume it would be on a 1 year contract. Bringing Sidney Rice back gives the Seahawks a bigger body who has chemistry with Russell Wilson and is familiar with the offense.

He did a solid job for us but he is and injury prone guy…. I"m definitely not against him staying a Seahawks because he's got talent but the injury thing makes me think he'll be on the sideline more than he's actually contributing..

Valid point, but I do believe he would be good for around 10 games. I doubt his cap hit would be large enough to make that a problem.

It'll depend on the kinds of offers he gets elsewhere. If all the offers are in the neighborhood of an offer from the Seahawks, I think he comes back for a shot at another ring. However, if there's a team out there willing to overlook his recent injury history that comes with a tendency to miss entire halves of seasons and they're willing to pay him a fair bit more or give him more years than a Seahawks offer would, I think he's gone. He won't be making the kind of cash he made while he was here, so he shouldn't be expecting that, but I don't think he's gonna get low-balled even with the injury history. He has the talent to be a #1 somewhere or at the very least a really good #2.

I would be stunned if anyone offered him anything more than a 1 year deal. He has the injury history as you mentioned, but I also believe all of the injuries have taken a toll on his body and he simply does not have the natural ability he had back in 2009. I think he still has the ability to be a solid starter, but not the player he was in 2009.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All for a 1 year $2M prove it deal.

But who knows, maybe Hawks know something about the extent of his injury that would impact the season already that they are just done with him.

I did like Rice when he was on the field. He was pretty productive the year he only had 80 targets. If you equalized his targets to Calvin Johnson his #s would've been comparable (no I'm not comparing his talent to Calvin, just #s).