• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks@Niners. 1 Pm FOX

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
penalties need to be reviewable. period.

PI needs a technical definition and it should be reviewed EVERY damn time its called.

PI's should definitely be a reviewable play, these refs call the #@$^@ing worst PI calls sometimes...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks broke a record for penalty yards in a game... 2nd highest mark was 145 yards against the Broncos on 1979... embarrassing... Championship teams don't lose games like this...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS
people, the NFL is rigged, as we see often times,
we should have learned this in the DET SB game vs Pitt in 2005.

Every couple weeks, see it all the time when refs can directly affect the outcome.
Usually it is PI and a crucial Holding, OL or Def holding., either extending drives late or taking away 1st downs late.
Just today, NE was hosed by some bad calls late also.
same with a few early day games.

If you think about it, it is even easier to fix NFL than basketball, where in Hoops when refs try and dictate the game the players still have to make free throws. Missing FT can screw up the Refs attempts in hoops, as we saw in PAC years ago when DBag Larry Scott was trying to Fix PAC games.
The NFL is rigged, with Vegas implications big time.

As soon as we tied the game at 20, the refs went into flag over drive.

I borrowed this:

Here is how the last drives ended for Seattle.

1. 2nd and 5: Eight Yard gain to SF 18. HOLDING => FG

2. 2nd and 6: 5 yard gain HOLDING => PUNT

3. Mike Davis 19 yard run: HOLDING => PUNT

4. 32 Yard Pass on 3rd Down: HOLDING => PUNT

5. 2nd and 15. Incomplete pass. PASS INTERFERNCE => GW FG

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PI's should definitely be a reviewable play, these refs call the #@$^@ing worst PI calls sometimes...

They are reviewable in Canada in the CFL and it's equally as annoying as any penalty flag to make a good defensive play just to have the opposing coach have it reviewed under slow motion replay to see if your CB was a little too handsy.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are reviewable in Canada in the CFL and it's equally as annoying as any penalty flag to make a good defensive play just to have the opposing coach have it reviewed under slow motion replay to see if your CB was a little too handsy.

I say take away the no contact rule, it's bad for the NFL anyway, call holds, call obvious PI's ... Let DB's get a little handsy, it's not a concussion issue anyway, it's a fantasy stat issue, NFL wants offense and that's why the no contact rule came to be in the first place...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks broke a record for penalty yards in a game... 2nd highest mark was 145 yards against the Broncos on 1979... embarrassing... Championship teams don't lose games like this...

They did commit a lot of legit penalties, but some of those were pretty ticky tack penalties too. We just had a reffing crew that decided to call every thing really tight on Seattle late in the game and in OT. And for some reason they didn't seem to call it as close on the niners. Maybe the niners just played cleaner near the end of the game and in OT but I find it tough to swallow that some of those same types of ticky tack holding calls never occurred when the niners had the ball.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is why it needs a technical definition. they did this with the definition of a catch multiple times, but seems they have never done it with pass interference. they shouldnt be able to call it if there is no actual "interference".

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did commit a lot of legit penalties, but some of those were pretty ticky tack penalties too. We just had a reffing crew that decided to call every thing really tight on Seattle late in the game and in OT. And for some reason they didn't seem to call it as close on the niners. Maybe the niners just played cleaner near the end of the game and in OT but I find it tough to swallow that some of those same types of ticky tack holding calls never occurred when the niners had the ball.

i witnessed obvious penalties on the niners that did not get called, mostly blocks in the back and holding. ie the same stuff they called on us all day.

but again, pocic is pure trash and shouldnt be benched permanently.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
made more games relevant next week and actually for the next two weeks by some of the loses today ( with some very iffy and head scratching flags ) where had they not happened a BUNCH of teams would have been knocked out of the playoffs or seeding.

Not saying it's fixed but i tell you, this just looks bad and gets people thinking this. The fall out for something like that would be massive. I wouldn't watch any game except my Home team and i think thats how everyone would feel and then some that wouldn't watch at all. This would hurt viewership big time and in turn hurt BIG money for not one or two years but many.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i witnessed obvious penalties on the niners that did not get called, mostly blocks in the back and holding. ie the same stuff they called on us all day.

Well yeah, i saw them doing the same stuff the Hawks were doing and not getting called so yeah. But i also know how the refs might make that happen not knowing they are. They get it in their mind that these guys are a pretty bad team and have had a pretty rough year then automatic sympathy starts playing into it with out them even knowing. On a 50/50 play they might hold on to the flag a little harder.

I get so upset with how often the Hawks get called for Pick plays and then never get it called for them when on Defense, that drives me bananas. Omg i also remember how the Hawks Oline would flinch when someone did on Defense and get called for false starts but the Hawks would do the same and get called for neutral zone infraction. it would never go the other way for them lol anyone remember that?

Today sucked, yep it did but lets be honest here, the hawks are where most of us never expected them to be. Even going 9-7 on the season would be HUGE with how much turnover but this defense is just plain bad right now. Last weeks game was a hiccup and nothing more lol.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ifedi's hold was even worse in the grand scheme of things. One of Pocic's was bullshit and can be called on every snap i mean EVERY snap by EVERY olineman lol. Pocic though really hurt the Hawks so did some of the other guys. Just the ones at the end stick out the most.

Maybe this game makes the Hawks wake the F up and they beat KC? never know now do we? I think we will get to see if this Defense has any pride in itself, they should be upset as all get out. Anyone got the total yards against by the 49ers this season handy? lol

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's like when the refs know a headhunting, cheap hit taking player is on the filed, like Burfict or Suh for example, they start watching those guys closer on every play. So they get called for more penalties as a result. I think even though Pocic had some iffy holding calls called on him that could have went either way, once they tagged him a couple times for holding calls the refs started watching him, and our whole O-line, a lot closer. The old cliche "they can call holding on every play" isn't wrong. But once the refs make up their mind that one team is doing it more than the other I think they subconsciously start seeing it more on that one team vs. the other.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to the guys raging on the refs. The Seahawks played undisciplined today. Some if it was due to injuries, some of it due to the equipment manager not properly setting up the team to play kn a shitty field with shitty weather. That being said, there were legit penalties on Seattle during a big offensive play that called the ball back and agin, and again, again...... frustrating.

WindyCityCoug

Fat Stacks Bitches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
made more games relevant next week and actually for the next two weeks by some of the loses today ( with some very iffy and head scratching flags ) where had they not happened a BUNCH of teams would have been knocked out of the playoffs or seeding.

Not saying it's fixed but i tell you, this just looks bad and gets people thinking this. The fall out for something like that would be massive. I wouldn't watch any game except my Home team and i think thats how everyone would feel and then some that wouldn't watch at all. This would hurt viewership big time and in turn hurt BIG money for not one or two years but many.

you just said it best -
IT IS FIXED
well, some of the results today were "Influenced" .... to say the least,

like you stated -
with the questionable results today, we now have several games Next week with Wild Card meaning, with Home field implications, and for the battle for seeding's- which means better ratings, and $$ for the NFL with fewer wasted non imperative games for next weekend.

What happened today was obvious. Not just SEA game, but NE was hosed as well late on bad calls, also Miami in the Minne game when it was still close in 3rd Q. Refs did all they could to make sure Minne wins, and remains in the playoff, WC hunt.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just said it best -
IT IS FIXED
well, some of the results today were "Influenced" .... to say the least,

like you stated -
with the questionable results today, we now have several games Next week with Wild Card meaning, with Home field implications, and for the battle for seeding's- which means better ratings, and $$ for the NFL with fewer wasted non imperative games for next weekend.

What happened today was obvious. Not just SEA game, but NE was hosed as well late on bad calls, also Miami in the Minne game when it was still close in 3rd Q. Refs did all they could to make sure Minne wins, and remains in the playoff, WC hunt.

I didn't say it was fixed i just said when it happens this way you get a lot of these thoughts creeping up into peoples minds. The Dallas game though in the firsthalf it looked like they were doing all they could to get a win for the Cowboys but they are just so bad it failed haha. Because they lost that still leaves the NFC East open so that one doesn't fit on how the refs were calling it at first. I was shocked at how much favoritism was shown to the Cowboys in the first half it was blatant. i mean like WTF they trying to do type blatant.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure there were flags that shouldn't have been thrown, but the hawks didn't show up this week and that was clear as day. It's pretty easy for them to throw those flags when you keep showing them you are using bad technique all day long.

For whatever reason this team does need a wakeup call every now and then. Hopefully this dismal and embarrassing game really pisses them all the fuck off and they come back next week actually hungry instead of entitled. They have a lot to clean up after this cluster fuck and they need to do it fast.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I saw today was utter garbage. The refs had bad calls but Seattle couldn't get out of their own way. A must win to secure a WC spot and they shit the bed. Better get focused quickly with KC coming into town.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Refs sucked
*Weather was horrible
*Field was an abomination
*Seahawks played pretty damn poorly

It's the Seahawk's own fault that they lost but the refs did screw them in this one (it has gone our way before so hard to complain about it too much). The weather is uncontrollable but the 49ers organization should be held accountable for the crap field conditions. People can get hurt due solely to these poor conditions and there is no excuse for it at this level.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to the guys raging on the refs. The Seahawks played undisciplined today. Some if it was due to injuries, some of it due to the equipment manager not properly setting up the team to play kn a shitty field with shitty weather. That being said, there were legit penalties on Seattle during a big offensive play that called the ball back and agin, and again, again...... frustrating.

it was the imbalance of it. they picked up a PI flag on the niners, and then turn around and call us for PI on a legit great pass defense. if the refs want to call holding on every play, call it on both teams.

also two games in a row of virtually no passing game, wtf?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was the imbalance of it. they picked up a PI flag on the niners, and then turn around and call us for PI on a legit great pass defense. if the refs want to call holding on every play, call it on both teams.

also two games in a row of virtually no passing game, wtf?

I agree with most of that, but no passing game? Wilson threw for 237 yards and 2 TDs. Sure it isn't a 300+ yard passing game but that's not what the Seahawks do. 237 yards passing is about average (or better) for this team. Wilson actually had a fairly solid day and it would have been much better if not for all the flags.