• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks game thoughts?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good (way too early but)

Best offensive game in 3 years.
Nice to see us open up the field a bit.
Emmanuel Sanders
Lindsay/ Freeman could be like no other duo we have. Lindsay has the big playmaking ability we have been looking at RB since Tatum Bell left town and Linsday comes down harder.
Pass rush
Special Teams (Tim Patrick looks like a cheaper Cody Latimer) everything was good on special teams, kicking, coverage, snapping.
Butt showed some down the field ability that he showed in college.
Young guys getting experience.
Adam Jones- I was a bit surprised at how much negative reaction this signing got. This signing really made a lot of sense for us.
The OL was improved today
Von Miller
Von Miller
Von Miller

The Bad
The D was good, average and bad a times.
Case turning the ball over 3 times. We're use to this the last 2 seasons. Don't think we will see this often but right away I bet some will panic because he wasn't suppose to do that. ;)
I don't think the coaching staff will be thrown a bone after this game.
We went up against one of the worst if not worst WR core minus their best WR much of the game and struggled at times.
Covering the TE. We let a rookie, blocking TE in Will Dissly burn us.
We aren't gonna play against that poor of an OL all the time, but can't fault us for what they throw at us.;)

What else?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All great points and I'm not sure I can add much. The only thing I'll say is that I've never been more optimistic about a team after such a sloppy first game. There were so many flashes of (possible) things to come, that I came away very happy.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want to jinx us before the game, but we have the longest current streak of opening games won. It now stands at 7 in a row.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unsung hero's would be the O-Line for their much improved pass blocking and the new Special Teams coach we got from the Colts, it's easy to see why his teams have drastically improved every year. Of course having King back there is a hug help but even McManus was back on point today, FG's from over 50 is something he struggled with last year, and he hit 2 perfect ones today.

Also something I haven't seen talked about much but Keenum completed 65% of his passes today and averaged about 13 yards per completion., that's almost unheard of with who we've had at QB since after Peyton retired.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we would have ran the football and had a more controlled passing game this would have been a slaughter.

Saying all that ....talk about going for the throat . I love that .

Coach Radio +1 Give him credit week one .. All balls award .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should try 5 times downfield a game this game plan was just to damn deep at all the time.

Keenum needs fewer Wheaties

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to preseason, and it was apparent in this game too, the foundation and framework of this offense is greatly improved when compared to the past few years .. The blocking, the routes and the feel Musgrave had was excellent ...

The blocking from the WRs - in particular DaeSean Hamilton in Lindsay's TD - was noticeably good ... It just seemed that the plays were developing better and the players were in better position to perform their role ..

And as Duffman mention, the OL pass protection was really good ... Keenum had a lot of time and if this is any indication of how they will perform all season, we're in great shape offensively ...

On the other hand, I'm worried about Roby starting across from Harris .. The Hawks stregth is not their WRs, so it's going to get a lot tougher .. and I love Simmons, but between him and Todd Davis, here's hoping that Su'a can come back mid season and get back on track ..

I love the Pac Man signing, and I have a feeling he will be on the field at CB more and more as the season progresses ..

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson might wanna make sure his will is updated.

Week 1- Von Miller
Week 2- Khalil Mack

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Pete Carroll call the offensive plays for the Hawks ?? .. Whoever it is, they dialed up a good one with that first TD .. as good as he's going to be, getting Chubb to cover the TE showed some great awareness on the Hawks end ..
Until S'ua gets back in the game, Joe Woods and Vance are going to have to figure out who they can rely on ... I'm not sure dropping Chubb in coverage against a TE is a good idea ...

I see pass coverage as the weak link on this team, so hopefully that can be cleaned up with the personnel we have .. a great pass rush can come to the rescue to an extent, but those big plays are killers ..

What I liked about the offense was, no matter what the momentum, they didn;t shy away or back down ... Agian, props to Musgrave and props to Keenum for keeping his cool ..

McManus was money .. a 51 and 53 and he made 'em look easy

Marquette put 3 punts inside the 20

Pac Man looked good on punt returns

Should Booker have beaten out Henderson ??

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to bring Sam Brandon out of retirement. He seems to be the only player in Broncos history who can cover a tight end.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to bring Sam Brandon out of retirement. He seems to be the only player in Broncos history who can cover a tight end.

web1_brandon-sam-dever-1_8.jpg

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that hasn't been mentioned directly but the rookie/2nd year players really stepped up in this one.

Chubb didn't put up huge stats but I would say his ability to get pressure and force Wilson to redirect led to 3 of the sacks for the team plus his half a sack early in the game. So four of the six sacks he played a key role in being a part of. His run defense was spot on. Just don't ask him to drop 20 yards into coverage.

Sutton made a couple of nice catches and should only see his role with the team increase as the season progresses.

Freeman/Lindsay look like the RB duo we all hoped they could be and maybe even more.

Then last year's draft Bolles played maybe his best game of his career.

Jake Butt looks like a nice weapon in the passing game as teams will try to contain Sanders and DT as the season progresses. Needs to improve big time as a blocker but still some nice catches along the way.

Couple of things that of course didn't like...Turnovers cannot happen. That game was a blowout for sure without the interceptions.

Shane Ray looked like a guy who wants out of Denver. Broncos should have played Barrett more in the game compared to that of Ray.

Big plays given up by the defense looked like a few miscommunication issues and/or that of just missed tackles. Obviously some things to clean up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh forgot to mention one of the more impressive parts of the game was the work of the 4-minute offense to close out the game. OL did great owning the LOS and of course Freeman running like his life depended on him picking up that 1st down was something we haven't seen in a very long time.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royce
10 , 5 and 17 yards on the final drive
Seattle is not very good
Hated to watch Patrick drop a huge 3rd down that would have given Denver a 1st down on the 40
Drops rookies cant afford tomake it they want to get another opportunity

I got Garret Bolles and Von Miller ‘s. Gatorade bottles from the game

On to Oakland

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royce
10 , 5 and 17 yards on the final drive
Seattle is not very good
Hated to watch Patrick drop a huge 3rd down that would have given Denver a 1st down on the 40
Drops rookies cant afford tomake it they want to get another opportunity

I got Garret Bolles and Von Miller ‘s. Gatorade bottles from the game

On to Oakland

Tim Patrick definitely had a rough game. He had 2 passes that while one of them was a tough catch should have been made. Those type of plays can easily decide a game. DT also had a couple of drops that just take away from his ability to impact the game.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a stat at The Athletic that I love: not one three-and-out in this game. That will make the D so much better this year if we can avoid constant ones like we did last year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a stat at The Athletic that I love: not one three-and-out in this game. That will make the D so much better this year if we can avoid constant ones like we did last year.
Unless you count the 3 INTS

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good

Still not sold but, VJ doesn't looked scared this year.
Woods same as VJ see flashes of good and bad
Asst coaches big improvement
ST's best I've seen in 2000's and longer

OL looked good
Keenum avg but, battled and scored after mistakes
Rookie RB's love them
WR's good a few drops but, week 1

If we could draft a QBOTF in 2020 or O could be scary good for awhile

D

Von Miller
Pass rush

Bad

Tackling
DB's miscues
Covering TE's
Lost TO battle clean it up Case

Week 1 so far so good we won.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Patrick definitely had a rough game. He had 2 passes that while one of them was a tough catch should have been made. Those type of plays can easily decide a game. DT also had a couple of drops that just take away from his ability to impact the game.

I'd ague that he had a good game in one aspect. Special teams play, but yeah he needs to take advantage of every opportunity when called upon as a WR.. He reminded me a bit of Latimer on special teams though. Always down the field fast as a gunner and showed ability to tackle.

Can I get a woo hoo for the punt return tackle Philip Lindsay made on Tyler Lockett too? That was a heck of a tackle.

Dude is a cannon!!!