• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks contracts

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Seattle will be a little less talented next season but they should be in good shape overall. 2015 is going to be their tough year as guys are going to be looking to get paid and paid top dollar.

It's too early to call but I do think that Harvin contract is I won't say a bad move but a move they ultimately were better off not making.

home dog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice and Miller will be gone.

Clemons, Bryant, or Avril will be gone.

Bennett they hope to resign for another cheap deal.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Rice and Miller will be gone.

Clemons, Bryant, or Avril will be gone.

Please be Bryant! I've wanted that guy in SF for the longest time.

Bennett they hope to resign for another cheap deal.

Not bloody likely. he was the best player on the Hawks' D-line this season. And not just against the pass; he was a great run-stopper too.

I don't see any reason why he won't get 10+ million a year somewhere.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was surprised the Hawks landed Bennett for what they did this past year (Avril too, frankly), but the market wasn't all that hot and Bennett was dealing with some injury issues. I'd think he's looking to cash in on a long-term deal. He's 28, seems like now is the time for him to get a nice multi-year deal. I really can't see him accepting another one-year deal.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A lot of the Seahawks reports have been about how they'll be able to keep the team in tact next year. I agree this will likely happen. However, they're done bringing in top free agents like Rice, Harvin, etc. And the reality is that even $3 million under, there's just way too much money they're going to have to pay to keep their young talent. Wilson will cost $20 million. Richard Sherman will take $16 million a year. Earl Thomas $8 million. Bennett $10 million. Wagner, Wright, Malcom Smith will command $5 million each. And that's up from peanuts now. Wilson and Sherman don't combine for $2 million now. Super Bowls tack on dollars too. See Deion Branch's contract. I think they're fine for 2014, but this is a team that will need to replenish and draft VERY well this year and next. Which will also be tough with other teams emulating their draft style. One of the best front offices in the NFL though.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks for the info. We don't mind intelligent posts like this at all.

What are you thoughts on Haushka's contract situation? Kickers are tricky. You are basically paying for past performance.

I've heard rumors that Hauschka may get the designated player tag this year. pure speculation though

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A lot of the Seahawks reports have been about how they'll be able to keep the team in tact next year. I agree this will likely happen. However, they're done bringing in top free agents like Rice, Harvin, etc. And the reality is that even $3 million under, there's just way too much money they're going to have to pay to keep their young talent. Wilson will cost $20 million. Richard Sherman will take $16 million a year. Earl Thomas $8 million. Bennett $10 million. Wagner, Wright, Malcom Smith will command $5 million each. And that's up from peanuts now. Wilson and Sherman don't combine for $2 million now. Super Bowls tack on dollars too. See Deion Branch's contract. I think they're fine for 2014, but this is a team that will need to replenish and draft VERY well this year and next. Which will also be tough with other teams emulating their draft style. One of the best front offices in the NFL though.

The Seahawks might actually have it worse off than us in terms of players who need long term contracts.

We have Kaep, Aldon Smith, Iupati, Crabtree who need long term deals.
We have Boldin who needs a short term deal.

They have Wilson, Sherman, Thomas, Wagner who need long term deals.
They have Bennett who needs a short term deal.

Both teams will have to let some guys go, and probably hit on the draft.

GoldenTate

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks might actually have it worse off than us in terms of players who need long term contracts.

We have Kaep, Aldon Smith, Iupati, Crabtree who need long term deals.
We have Boldin who needs a short term deal.

They have Wilson, Sherman, Thomas, Wagner who need long term deals.
They have Bennett who needs a short term deal.

Both teams will have to let some guys go, and probably hit on the draft.
LOL already talking 2015 or 2016. By cutting Rice and Clemons we will be in perfect shape for 2014.... and in 2015 we will probably franchise tag Sherman. I don't see us having any major cap issues til 2016 or even later.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to keep in mind is that almost our entire draft class from last year basically red shirted. Remember the names Christine Michael, Jordan Hill, Jesse Williams, and Tharold Simon; they will make an impact at some point. Someone that was picking up steam at the end of last year in Greg Scruggs didn't play a snap this year, he'll be back. Then you add the upcoming draft and I think the Hawks will be fine. No doubt we will lose a few key players, but I don't think it'll be as doom and gloom as some may think. This rivalry is gonna be around for years to come because Harbaugh and Carroll won't have it any other way. Great coaches.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Red Bryant - DL - Seahawks

FOX Sports' Alex Marvez reports the Seahawks will release LE Red Bryant.

The move would save $5.5 million in cap room. Per Marvez, GM John Schneider plans to use the money toward re-signing free agent DE Michael Bennett. A former defensive tackle and disappointing 2008 fourth-round pick, Bryant's career was resurrected when Pete Carroll arrived in Seattle, converting him to a mammoth run-stopping "five-technique" end. Bryant signed a five-year, $35 million deal in 2012 and is owed $7.5 million in salary and bonuses in 2014. Once the transaction goes down, Bryant will become an attractive free agent. He turns 30 in April.
Source: Alex Marvez on Twitter

Feb 23 - 9:01 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Red Bryant - DL - Seahawks

FOX Sports' Alex Marvez reports the Seahawks will release LE Red Bryant.

The move would save $5.5 million in cap room. Per Marvez, GM John Schneider plans to use the money toward re-signing free agent DE Michael Bennett. A former defensive tackle and disappointing 2008 fourth-round pick, Bryant's career was resurrected when Pete Carroll arrived in Seattle, converting him to a mammoth run-stopping "five-technique" end. Bryant signed a five-year, $35 million deal in 2012 and is owed $7.5 million in salary and bonuses in 2014. Once the transaction goes down, Bryant will become an attractive free agent. He turns 30 in April.
Source: Alex Marvez on Twitter

Feb 23 - 9:01 PM

:yahoo:

Hate that guy.

SIGN HIM!!! That would complete a badass DL depth chart. Wouldn't even need to draft one at all; they could focus solely on DBs, OL & WRs. :hope: