• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks contracts

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden Tate - WR - Seahawks

ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on NFL Live Monday that free agent Golden Tate is "probably gonna be expendable" for the Seahawks.

Tate didn't quite make the leap the Seahawks anticipated in 2013, finishing with a 64-898-5 stat line while generally looking stretched as a No. 1 receiver. He'd be much better suited in a playmaking No. 2 role, ideally on a more wideout-friendly team with more passing volume. Tate is only 25 years old. His fantasy stock would rise in a location like Detroit, which needs a No. 2 wide receiver.

Feb 3 - 4:19 PM

I could definitely see him generating some buzz in the FA market.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
SIGN THAT MAN!!!

I've wanted him in SF for years. He's always been a pain in the Niners' ass.

DEs: JSmith, RayMac, Tank, Red Bryant, Dominique Easley (late 2nd???)
NTs: Dorsey, Ian Williams, Red Bryant

That would FINALLY be some great depth on the D-line. Keep 'em all fresh!

they have no choice but to give Carradine and Dial all the reps they can get.....during the off season that is. so if you sign someone like Bryant, you have to give HIM all the reps he can handle? can't picture Baalke signing Bryant for depth, instead he'll support his draft picks.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
can't picture Baalke signing Bryant for depth, instead he'll support his draft picks.

Hope you're wrong. I'd love to get him and Tank to get about 20 snaps each & have Dial sit his big ass on the bench.

Red could even play NT on 1st down & sub' for Ray whenever he needed a breather. Tank could sub' for JSmith.

Red would be purely a non-3rd down player unless it's a goal-line stand.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hate the guy but Golden Tate is under rated. If the Seahawks lose him, they will feel it. Hell, I think he would fit real well in with our team. Tough nosed player, real good returner, blocks, etc

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I hate the guy but Golden Tate is under rated. If the Seahawks lose him, they will feel it. Hell, I think he would fit real well in with our team. Tough nosed player, real good returner, blocks, etc

Golden Tate already plays for the 49ers. His name is Quinton Patton.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Notre Dame fan I would love to see Golden Tate playing for the Niners but I have my doubts the team will make many big free agent signings.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timing is just right for Seattle. They'll pretty much be the same team with no cap issues until 2015. I don't see them falling off like the Ravens and Giants.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in hell i want to see Tate a niner. can't stand the guy I've never rooted against a niner but if he signed i would have to. Plus how many number twos do we need?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Notre Dame fan I would love to see Golden Tate playing for the Niners but I have my doubts the team will make many big free agent signings.

I seriously doubt the team will make any big FA moves. We will (and should) spend our money on our base players and continue to get better through the draft.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate could possibly be a good fit for the Chiefs offense. He seems like a much better fit than Bowe

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timing is just right for Seattle. They'll pretty much be the same team with no cap issues until 2015. I don't see them falling off like the Ravens and Giants.

This offseason alone their free agents include: DE Michael Bennett, K Steven Hauschka, WR Golden Tate, CB Walter Thurmond (who can start for any team), RT Ben Giacomini. But they need to look beyond with contract situations coming up for Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, and the following year Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, Russell Okung, Bobby Wagner, and Bruce Irvin...They already have big money tied up in Kam Chancellor, so can they afford two safeties earning top dollar considering Sherman will probably ask for 20 million a year? And also considering they need to save enough for Russell Wilson?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 3 topics are about the Seahawks. And you guys call THEM obsessed? I swear if I see one more I'm gonna blow my brains out. :L

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 3 topics are about the Seahawks. And you guys call THEM obsessed? I swear if I see one more I'm gonna blow my brains out. :L

Thank you I just posted in another thread it doesn't matter who they got because that isn't our squad, we beat who we have to beat to win a super bowl it doesn't matter who it is and who they have

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This offseason alone their free agents include: DE Michael Bennett, K Steven Hauschka, WR Golden Tate, CB Walter Thurmond (who can start for any team), RT Ben Giacomini. But they need to look beyond with contract situations coming up for Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, and the following year Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, Russell Okung, Bobby Wagner, and Bruce Irvin...They already have big money tied up in Kam Chancellor, so can they afford two safeties earning top dollar considering Sherman will probably ask for 20 million a year? And also considering they need to save enough for Russell Wilson?

They'll also have to deal with Harvin's contract going from 2.5 million this past season to 11 million next season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It reminds me of when we lost to Dallas in the early 1990s and the dicussion was always about ways to beat Dallas. Even on KNBR, much talk about what we are supposed to do moving forward to be Seattle. It as if this is a static league. Both the Rams and Cardinals could make a big jump next year. Rams will have another really good pick and the Cardinala are just as phyisical. The 49ers need to just focus on getting better period.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the local broadcast. They do an impromptu interview with Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett. All they talk about is their contracts. Bennett is a free agent. Avril has one year left and wants a new contract. Hawks are already $8 million over with just 45 players under contract. Sherman, Earl Thomas, KJ Wright, Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner, Brandon Mebane, Red Bryant are all looking for contracts. This team is one and done. But even so, I'd still swap. They got the one at least.

Apologies for posting here as I know some of you will not like it, but I do have some info on this.

I don't know where your local broadcasters are getting their information but I have been researching this quite a bit and Seattle is currently $8.7 million UNDER the cap with 44 players currently under contract.

If they cut Sidney Rice (a given) and Chris Clemons (likely but could be reworked) they save $14.8 million right there. There are other possibilities (Zack Miller, Red Bryant, etc.) who could be cut or reworked ($10.5 million on the 2 mentioned alone).

Long story short: Seattle should be ok for the coming year, but the year(s) after could be hard. It is very easy to see a scenerio where Richard Sherman is not a Seahawk in the 2015 season.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Apologies for posting here as I know some of you will not like it, but I do have some info on this.

I don't know where your local broadcasters are getting their information but I have been researching this quite a bit and Seattle is currently $8.7 million UNDER the cap with 44 players currently under contract.

If they cut Sidney Rice (a given) and Chris Clemons (likely but could be reworked) they save $14.8 million right there. There are other possibilities (Zack Miller, Red Bryant, etc.) who could be cut or reworked ($10.5 million on the 2 mentioned alone).

Long story short: Seattle should be ok for the coming year, but the year(s) after could be hard. It is very easy to see a scenerio where Richard Sherman is not a Seahawk in the 2015 season.

Thanks for the info. We don't mind intelligent posts like this at all.

What are you thoughts on Haushka's contract situation? Kickers are tricky. You are basically paying for past performance.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info. We don't mind intelligent posts like this at all.

What are you thoughts on Haushka's contract situation? Kickers are tricky. You are basically paying for past performance.

Kickers are often deemed easily replaceable but he was key to winning several close games this year. Seattle is currently not up against the cap enough to look for a cheaper option but maybe next year.

I do note that I am now seeing a little over $3 million under the cap as the number. It always seems to depend on who the source is.

Looking forward to more hard hitting wars with the 49ers again next year. I hope Bowman makes a full recovery.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard John Clayton mention it was 3 million under, but regardless there are alot of options. Looking over the Seattle contracts I didn't realize just how many contracts are coming up besides your star guys. Byron Maxwell is a big one too in 2015 as he's a pretty good corner in his own right and Walter Thurmond is already up this year.

Both our teams have really been lucky to have our QB's so cheap and it'll be interesting to see how the Niners turn over their roster as now they are the hunters again and have to figure out a way to knock Seattle off the top after Seattle built their team to knock us off the top. I think we're going to see quite a few new faces in 2014 starting.

Side note, I see your a UW fan. Go Dawgs! Signing day is looking pretty nice so far with Coach Pete's first class!