• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks are 3 pt dogs to the Colts

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmmmmmm..........they have a good D, at their place, and a 10 am start........but still.....
They must have a lot more faith in Wentz in his first start than I do.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmmmmmm..........they have a good D, at their place, and a 10 am start........but still.....

The lines are going to be flatter than usual right now. This is basically saying that this game is a toss up at this point. Biggest point spread right now is 7 points.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how do the Colts do in the role of home fav, how are the Seahawks as a road dog ATS?

Yep, homework.

Forget rying to win without it.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how do the Colts do in the role of home fav, how are the Seahawks as a road dog ATS?

Yep, homework.

Forget rying to win without it.
How do the 2021 Colts with a new QB do as home favs........in their first game? No one knows. That's kinda the point. But the Seahawks do have an established QB, and not much roster turn over so they are more of a known quantity. Also the Indy folks seem hyped for Wentz but his erratic career play does not inspire confidence in my opinion. But who knows?

The lines are going to be flatter than usual right now. This is basically saying that this game is a toss up at this point. Biggest point spread right now is 7 points.
It might be the "automatic 3" that Vegas gives the home team, but it is still is 3 point perceived advantage, not a toss up. I wouldn't be surprised if it was an even spread, or a 1.5 pt advantage but 3 pts seems strong to me. It indicates either a lack of faith in the Seahawks or quite a bit of initial confidence in the Colts.

I get it. The Colts had a very good D last year. But I am highly skeptical of turn over machine Wentz being the answer for their franchide.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do the 2021 Colts with a new QB do as home favs........in their first game? No one knows. That's kinda the point. But the Seahawks do have an established QB, and not much roster turn over so they are more of a known quantity. Also the Indy folks seem hyped for Wentz but his erratic career play does not inspire confidence in my opinion. But who knows?

It might be the "automatic 3" that Vegas gives the home team, but it is still is 3 point perceived advantage, not a toss up. I wouldn't be surprised if it was an even spread, or a 1.5 pt advantage but 3 pts seems strong to me. It indicates either a lack of faith in the Seahawks or quite a bit of initial confidence in the Colts.

I get it. The Colts had a very good D last year. But I am highly skeptical of turn over machine Wentz being the answer for their franchide.

Well if real $$$$$ is involved you pass this by. Far better plays on the board. Way too many???? in this one.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz just can’t stay on the field, it’s almost a guarantee he’s out with an injury at some point next season …

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thought is Frank Reich will be the guy that turns Wentz around since they had good chemistry in Philly. I'm not 100% sold on that.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz isn't a bad QB but he has been often injured and now plays like someone who is afraid of being injured if you get my meaning. Who would have thought that between Wentz and ( Bean pole ) Goff that Wentz would became the bigger injury concern lol.

Being underdogs to a team that was not bad last year on Defense and who got a "new" and over Hyped QB is not a shock. Think about how they talk about Wentz! The talking heads and most people around the NFL for some unknown reason talk about Wentz as a great QB but with Injury problems. I see an above average QB who now is shell shocked and doesn't play off instinct which has retarded his growth. Wentz can be special but that Wentz may no longer exist.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz isn't a bad QB but he has been often injured and now plays like someone who is afraid of being injured if you get my meaning. Who would have thought that between Wentz and ( Bean pole ) Goff that Wentz would became the bigger injury concern lol.

Being underdogs to a team that was not bad last year on Defense and who got a "new" and over Hyped QB is not a shock. Think about how they talk about Wentz! The talking heads and most people around the NFL for some unknown reason talk about Wentz as a great QB but with Injury problems. I see an above average QB who now is shell shocked and doesn't play off instinct which has retarded his growth. Wentz can be special but that Wentz may no longer exist.
Wentz led the league in interceptions last year despite only playing 12 games. He was 28th in QBR, and 34th in passer rating with a astoundingly bad 72.8.
I know that he was better previously but he was possibly the worst starting QB in the league last year, competing with the likes of Darnold, Haskins, Lock for that auspicious title.
Any talking head that tries to polish that giant turd needs to have their head examined.

While I expect the Indy folks to push the best case scenerio outcome, there is no reason that a national betting service would hold a similar view, despite the Indy D being quite good last year.

Just on QB play alone, Wentz, a broken QB who played horrible last year and has yet to play a down for the team vs Wilson, HOF QB, should give the Seahawks a +7 IMO.
Note: that is just QB play and not the overall spread, which could account for the +3, but in my scenerio that would mean a +10 for Indy minus the 7 for QB play. Does anyone really believe that unit for unit (less the QB) that the Colts are a +10 even with home field?

Lots of speculation in my post, but it is the offseason!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz led the league in interceptions last year despite only playing 12 games. He was 28th in QBR, and 34th in passer rating with a astoundingly bad 72.8.
I know that he was better previously but he was possibly the worst starting QB in the league last year, competing with the likes of Darnold, Haskins, Lock for that auspicious title.
Any talking head that tries to polish that giant turd needs to have their head examined.

While I expect the Indy folks to push the best case scenerio outcome, there is no reason that a national betting service would hold a similar view, despite the Indy D being quite good last year.

Just on QB play alone, Wentz, a broken QB who played horrible last year and has yet to play a down for the team vs Wilson, HOF QB, should give the Seahawks a +7 IMO.
Note: that is just QB play and not the overall spread, which could account for the +3, but in my scenerio that would mean a +10 for Indy minus the 7 for QB play. Does anyone really believe that unit for unit (less the QB) that the Colts are a +10 even with home field?

Lots of speculation in my post, but it is the offseason!

Yeah Wentz has not looked good lately and I did not say he was a great QB I was saying he isn't a "bad" QB and that the talking heads think he is great.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m good with being a Road dog to start the season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a change of scenery will do Wentz some good but as of now he has regressed his last 3 yrs.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a change of scenery will do Wentz some good but as of now he has regressed his last 3 yrs.

He has the talent but he is so gun shy that he forces to much, a better oline and offensive play calling would do him wonders. I don't know if he will ever get his confidence back though and is damaged goods because of how Philly handled him ( not his injuries )

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the talent but he is so gun shy that he forces to much, a better oline and offensive play calling would do him wonders. I don't know if he will ever get his confidence back though and is damaged goods because of how Philly handled him ( not his injuries )
I thought he had the "IT" factor but with his fragile state of mind, I'm not sure if he can rebound and he pretty much did that to himself.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he had the "IT" factor but with his fragile state of mind, I'm not sure if he can rebound and he pretty much did that to himself.

yep Philly could very well have ruined him beyond repair.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep Philly could very well have ruined him beyond repair.
It wasn't Philly. The whole Wentz/Doug fall out was pure BS to keep the FO out of the light for its hiddious team they put on the field. Wentz's problem was he couldn't over come Nick Foles. He let it get to him and bang, mental collaspe.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't Philly. The whole Wentz/Doug fall out was pure BS to keep the FO out of the light for its hiddious team they put on the field. Wentz's problem was he couldn't over come Nick Foles. He let it get to him and bang, mental collaspe.

Thats why I said Philly ruined him. The way they handled him and everything else, like I stated they injured him ( not talking about his physical injuries ) Meaning mentally and he may never recover. Only time will tell but if I was a colts fan I wouldn't be holding my breath.

For Wentz though this is the best thing for him and I hope he can recover..... in week 2. lol Seeing as they get Seattle then LA Rams to start their season.

Last edited:

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson getting three points vs a cat his team didn't want, hmmm?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Wentz 0-5 vs RW.

Curious how the Seahawks are as road dogs in Sept. And we use that 0-5 to build a case Seattle plus 3.

All about information.

Uncovering bits and pieces...

Last year, the Colts finished 3-5 against the spread at home, tied for worst among teams that made the playoffs. Conversely, the Seahawks finished just 2-6 against the spread on the road, the worst among any playoff team. They opened as 2.5-point favorites, now sitting at +2.5. The Colts lost last season’s opener to the Jacksonville Jaguars (that would go on to be their only win on the season) while the Seahawks have won their last two season openers.

So we have some conflicting info there.

Last edited: