• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks and 49rs

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This division might come down to the final game at the Clink.... The next 2 games are especially pivotal because the Ravens and Saints back to back on the road is about as brutal as it gets for the 49rs... Also the fact we have 3 outta the next 5 at home is helpful, and of course the final match-up is at home... I think it's SUPER important we gain at least 1 game over the next 2... Technically as it sits we can be a game behind them in the final match-up and still win the division if we beat um in week 17.... But I"d rather catch um before that, put even more pressure on them... Gonna be a wild finish .... It's kinda crazy that both teams can potentially with 13 or 14 games and one will end up with a wild card... Not fair, but it's how it is ... I usually NEVER like looking past the next game, but this is something worth peeking at, potentially amazing finish coming in the NFC West... I never like looking past the next game, it's all about the Vikings now, but were down the home stretch, almost the 4th quarter of the season, and it was worth a peek...

Seattle
1. Vikings (Home)
2. Rams
3. Panthers
4. Arizona (Home)
5. 49rs (Home)

San Fran
1. Ravens
2. Saints
3. Falcons (Home)
4. Rams (Home)
5. Seahawks

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans looking past the next game affects nothing, so I don't have issues doing it at all.

I still think the 49ers lose both of these next 2 games @ Baltimore and @ Saints. I know they looked great last night, but it was clear to me watching that game that GB wasn't up to the physical challenge like we were.

But if the 49ers do beat NO, it's not bad for us because then it means winning out guarantees us the #1 seed. And last night I actually wanted GB to lose because now they have 3 losses with a really week remaining schedule (outside of Minn).

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has got to be so frustrating for the Niners and their fans that they are sitting at 10-1 and can't get any breathing room. You'd think if you were 10-1 you'd be coasting to a division championship. Nope. I love that the Hawks have been putting pressure on them week after week from a trailing position in the standings. The Niners know they have zero margin for error as the leader in the division and that must be somewhat maddening with the great season they are having so far.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Neither team has an easy finish to their season and both are capable of losing to any team left on their schedule.

For me I'll be content if the 9ers win one of the next two but I'd obviously prefer they beat the Saints.

I'd say for the 9ers it's going to come down mainly if Kittle can stay healthy and to a lesser extent Sanders. Kittle just brings so much to the offense in terms of the passing game and running game it's a huge blow when he's not in the lineup as we saw with the 9ers last two games.

Either way it's going to come down to the wire as each team probably has another loss before their week 17 matchup.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone else feel like the Saints were a more dangerous team with Teddy at QB? They just seemed to have more "Will to win". No way am i saying Teddy is a Better QB than Brees who i think is the best QB in the league and yes WAY better than Brady.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone else feel like the Saints were a more dangerous team with Teddy at QB? They just seemed to have more "Will to win". No way am i saying Teddy is a Better QB than Brees who i think is the best QB in the league and yes WAY better than Brady.

Brees loses some zip on his passes by the end of the season which makes them vulnerable. I've always liked Teddy and I think he'll be the starter when Brees retires or somewhere.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping the Packers would be the 49ers but that didn't happen and in a way it is a good thing because the packers have an easy schedule the rest of the season facing just one team over .500 so a win over the 49ers would probably put them as the #1 or #2 seed for sure.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither team has an easy finish to their season and both are capable of losing to any team left on their schedule.

For me I'll be content if the 9ers win one of the next two but I'd obviously prefer they beat the Saints.

I'd say for the 9ers it's going to come down mainly if Kittle can stay healthy and to a lesser extent Sanders. Kittle just brings so much to the offense in terms of the passing game and running game it's a huge blow when he's not in the lineup as we saw with the 9ers last two games.

Either way it's going to come down to the wire as each team probably has another loss before their week 17 matchup.

Think your right about it going down to the wire between the teams. The 49ers match up better against the Saints then the Ravens, so you got that going for you. Run defense for the 49ers hasn't been their strong suit and mobile QBs ( Wilson and Murray) have done well in their match ups vs the 49ers and there simply isn't a more mobile QB then Jackson who's been phenomenal thus far.
The problem with losing to the Ravens is the pressure goes way up with the Saints match up .
In any case who ever wins this division will have earned it and a tip of the cap to which ever team ends up on top

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to make the argument that this is going to be SNF on week 17

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For maximum entertainment, having the Whiners go 14 and 1 and us going 13 and 2 would set up a dream game at the Clink to end the regular season. Winner gets HOA, First round bye and division title

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For maximum entertainment, having the Whiners go 14 and 1 and us going 13 and 2 would set up a dream game at the Clink to end the regular season. Winner gets HOA, First round bye and division title

Loser gets 5 seed plus has to play an away game after at worst going 13 and 3. Most likely against cowboys or eagels.

Over under 1 story about how unfair that is. After all when sea went 7 to 9 people were saying change the playoff format.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HOA?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loser gets 5 seed plus has to play an away game after at worst going 13 and 3. Most likely against cowboys or eagels.

Over under 1 story about how unfair that is. After all when sea went 7 to 9 people were saying change the playoff format.
Oh yeah, it's already started about what teams deserve what seeding. I say, it is what it is and if a 13-3 or 12-4 team can't beat an 8-8 or 9-7 team, then they were a regular season fraud and don't deserve any pity.
I've said it before, if the Saints would have had a better defense that could actually tackle, beast quake wouldn't be a thing. That Saints team was coming off a SB and were cocky, just like their coach. People can bitch about a losing team getting a home game all they want. I don't care. If you're better, prove it between the lines like the Chargers/ Ravens last year.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, it's already started about what teams deserve what seeding. I say, it is what it is and if a 13-3 or 12-4 team can't beat an 8-8 or 9-7 team, then they were a regular season fraud and don't deserve any pity.
I've said it before, if the Saints would have had a better defense that could actually tackle, beast quake wouldn't be a thing. That Saints team was coming off a SB and were cocky, just like their coach. People can bitch about a losing team getting a home game all they want. I don't care. If you're better, prove it between the lines like the Chargers/ Ravens last year.

Well couple the defense collapse and Drew Brees having his annual isn’t a NFL starting QB after week 15.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well couple the defense collapse and Drew Brees having his annual isn’t a NFL starting QB after week 15.
To be fair to Brees, he did throw 60 times in that game for 404 yards and the offense put up 30+. But they really didn't have any other great players on that roster so I have to give Brees some credit. Everybody will always remember Marshawn's run but Hassleback had the really good game. 4 TDs and a 113 passer rating. Besides the beastquake run, Lynch had 18 carries for 52 yds.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners get all the calls and still lost today.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the rain was a big factor but it seemed like the ravens figured out that jimmy cant throw outside. i think thats going to be the niners doom, once teams figure out they can play man outside and flood the middle of the field jimmy will struggle.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thing that helps our division title odds the most is that the 49ers have a more challenging schedule than we do IMO.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was talking to family about this at Thanksgiving and I really believe if Kittle played and Sanders didn't leave early, the 49ers would've won that game against the Seahawks.