• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sea-ARI Game

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it worked well.

I think the 49ers have the capability to the same thing if they can get back up there. We'll see.

What did you think of SC's performance against Fresno? Not bad huh?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 49ers have the capability to the same thing if they can get back up there. We'll see.

What did you think of SC's performance against Fresno? Not bad huh?

Impressive! I remember a couple of EsPin'rs actually picked SC to lose the game. We will take another step forward next year. By '15 we challenge for a BCS bowl for sure. JMHO.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also Arizona's CBs played physical with Seattle's WRs.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just curious but if the ball hit his arm hard enough wouldn't there be a mark or welt of some sort? Not that it could over turn the call on the field.

It depends where it hit. I'm sure there is some way the ball could have hit his arm alone, bounced the way it did, and left no mark. It might be that one-in-a-million bounce, but it's possible. Regardless, as you note, the official can't just say, "Well, it must have hit the ground to bounce that way." The official has to see it hit the ground, and I certainly couldn't see that on the replay. If the play had been called incomplete, I don't see any way it's called an INT after review.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing was... the Cardinals didn't blitz as much as you think...

Calais Campbell wreaked havoc. (As he does) - They did bring heat, but not constantly. It was a fantastic scheme.

But the Cardinals did manage to do two things that went under the radar last night during write ups...

The Secondary WAS very, very good as well...
and the Cardinals were able to piece together enough of a running game to keep them in the ballgame.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona with the blueprint for beating Seattle up there. Consistent blitzing, keeping Wilson in the pocket and pressuring him. He looked very ordinary.

They definitely blitzed more than we did, but I think the true blueprint for beating them, however you need to do it, is to contain Wilson in the pocket and take Lynch out of the game. Wilson can't beat teams on his own if he isn't allowed to run. Without Lynch he becomes pedestrian in my opinion.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Arizona with the blueprint for beating Seattle up there. Consistent blitzing, keeping Wilson in the pocket and pressuring him. He looked very ordinary.

I think our approach last time worked just as well. Rush four, spy with Bowman. Keep him in the pocket and if he flees it, get pressure on him immediately with an athletic defender.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing was... the Cardinals didn't blitz as much as you think...

Calais Campbell wreaked havoc. (As he does) - They did bring heat, but not constantly. It was a fantastic scheme.

But the Cardinals did manage to do two things that went under the radar last night during write ups...

The Secondary WAS very, very good as well...
and the Cardinals were able to piece together enough of a running game to keep them in the ballgame.

I noticed that just about every time they stacked the box and acted like it was an all out blitz at least one, sometimes several, guys would drop back into deep coverage at the last second. Seemed to keep Wilson confused and off balance.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... people forget that Russell Okung got hurt (again) on his toe (again) and as soon as they had to replace him with an undrafted Rookie... the Cardinals ABUSED that guy...

Seattle needs Okung back....

The good news for the Rest of the NFC, is even if the Cardinals don't make the playoffs (which I'm pretty sure they won't) - Everybody, is going to want a piece of the Seahawks now... Once the big guy is taken down a peg (and Seattle was last night for sure), the confidence can't be the same.

Not saying that just anybody can just waltz into CLINK and get a win... but, the Cardinals just made it that much easier for whomever is going to do it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely blitzed more than we did, but I think the true blueprint for beating them, however you need to do it, is to contain Wilson in the pocket and take Lynch out of the game. Wilson can't beat teams on his own if he isn't allowed to run. Without Lynch he becomes pedestrian in my opinion.

Agreed. Blitzing is not necesarily the key, the key is effective blitzing. Some teams do it well and others do not. I think the Cradinals fall into the former category and the 49ers the latter. The Cardinals blitzed and cut off Wilson's escape routes. The Niners should study up on how this was schemed because I have a feeling we might be seeing these guys again this year bfore all is said and done.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't usually checkout Seahawk post-game interviews but I decided to last night. "DangeRuss" didn't give Arizona hardly any credit at all. He kept on talking about how they should have won the game. Um, no, you got outplayed and even with the advantage in turnover's, you lost.

Seahawks vs Cardinals Recap

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cardinals learned from the Game in Arizona... which could have been flipped had they been able to actually contain Wilson in that contest..... He not only made plays against them in Arizona, but he turned drive ending Negative plays into HUGE gains that just murdered them...

He must have escaped 6 sacks in that game to either throw a completion downfield, or scramble for a first down... but not last night. It was a good recipie.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Gotta say, I do love all the talk over the past two weeks about how the loss to the Niners was just what the Hawks needed to get them focused for the playoffs. How'd that work out? Best case scenario, they're now going into the playoffs at 2-2 over the last quarter of the season, and with a loss at home.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, I do love all the talk over the past two weeks about how the loss to the Niners was just what the Hawks needed to get them focused for the playoffs. How'd that work out? Best case scenario, they're now going into the playoffs at 2-2 over the last quarter of the season, and with a loss at home.

Yeah, they've come back to earth a little. I don't see many of the, "we are gonna beat so-and-so by 35." We just have to take care of Atlanta or the Hawks loss will be worthless.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, they've come back to earth a little. I don't see many of the, "we are gonna beat so-and-so by 35." We just have to take care of Atlanta or the Hawks loss will be worthless.

Yeah, I'm suddenly quite worried about tonight. And my wife made 6 o'clock dinner plans with the in-laws and some family friends. Ugh!

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That NO game really stings now... I knew it would when it happened. We would hold our own destiny if that BS personally foul hadn't been called.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That NO game really stings now... I knew it would when it happened. We would hold our own destiny if that BS personally foul hadn't been called.

Yea man. Another play I always think about is Matt Schaub's stupid pick six that allowed Seattle to tie the game late in the 4th quarter.