• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scrivens sent to Oilers.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a 3rd round pick in 2014.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone didn't watch the games but just went by his stats.

Steal

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shhhh
We are going to try and trade the rights to Kyle Calder for some cheese fries next

Hey, did you hear Dwight King is a top line forward???

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Called it in the Jones thread, 3rd rounder tops. Based on the team play in front of him, I think this is good. Also means Jones will be up soon if not already to back up Quick.

However, that also means the Kings got Frattin, a 2nd round pick (in 2014 or 2015, TO's discretion) and a 3rd round pick.

The market was tough and Dumbo did what he could, that is nothing for a legitimate number one goalie.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Called it in the Jones thread, 3rd rounder tops. Based on the team play in front of him, I think this is good. Also means Jones will be up soon if not already to back up Quick.

However, that also means the Kings got Frattin, a 2nd round pick (in 2014 or 2015, TO's discretion) and a 3rd round pick.

The market was tough and Dumbo did what he could, that is nothing for a legitimate number one goalie.

And 500k cap space for a RFA that they wouldn't have the cap space to sign. Kings would have got a second round pick if he had signed somewhere first

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was quick.... poor guy.. From the sun to the deep freeze hahah

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good deal for you guys, Jones is slated to be Quick's backup so he can be made expandable. Also saves you what, 500K I believe?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was quick.... poor guy.. From the sun to the deep freeze hahah

He was a short term solution to the back up situation from the get go, and in the limited action he did see he played well. I think he did a great job in LA and from everything I saw on the tube he was well liked and a good teammate.

He will get a shot at establishing himself as a number one in Edmonton too since both he and Bryzgalov will be GIII UFAs but with such a shoddy defense his numbers are going to go up. I think taking that into consideration, and if he plays like he did in LA even if giving up more goals he could really make a good impression in Edmonton.

Moving Dubnyk is interesting, he has all the tools to be a legitimate number one but hasn't quite put it together yet. Add in that the team in front of him didn't do him many favors and it was probably best to move on so she can get a fresh start and not be rattled for life.

And what's up with Nashville getting goalies who are like 6'6" and above? They have what, like 21' of goaltenders now?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Barry Trotz likes huge goaltenders.

Ox

Great coach, makes the most of his roster year after year but it looks like all those years of squeezing the turnip have run out. They need some upper end talent and cannot rely on work ethic and defensive play alone to make the playoffs anymore.

The WC is ultra competitive and Nashville is simply outmatched.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scrivens to start tonight against the Wild.

3 GAA
.880 Sv %

blk4x499

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Edmonton is one of the shittiest run franchises in the NHL. Man have they waisted draft picks. I feel sorry for Scrivens.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton is one of the shittiest run franchises in the NHL. Man have they waisted draft picks. I feel sorry for Scrivens.

It's pretty unbelievable that they have had so many high end picks but have been "rebuilding" for what seems like 10 years.

Just getting guys like Eberle (1st round, 22nd, 2008), Hall (1st round, 1st overall, 2010) and Nugent-Hopkins (1st round, 1st overall, 2011) should either have a franchise set for a while or could be parlayed into pieces that are needed.

But they are unwilling to move those guys - why, I have no idea. A bulk of your contending team should be developed but it will need to be supplemented with FAs and trades. They have not drafted a franchise defenseman, and the Dubnyk experiment didn't end well. They want a high flying offensive team; sorry guys, this isn't 1984.

Then you have the blown picks like Gagne, Petry, Cogliano, etc. They haven't reached Columbus status, 90% of their picks are bums, but they are close. Oilers ownership needs to completely clean house like AEG did by getting Dumbo and find a plan and stick to it with qualified, proven people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They built them team wrong with their picks.

Gagner isn't really a bust though. hes a pretty solid player. That 07 draft was pretty bad.

blk4x499

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's pretty unbelievable that they have had so many high end picks but have been "rebuilding" for what seems like 10 years.

Just getting guys like Eberle (1st round, 22nd, 2008), Hall (1st round, 1st overall, 2010) and Nugent-Hopkins (1st round, 1st overall, 2011) should either have a franchise set for a while or could be parlayed into pieces that are needed.

But they are unwilling to move those guys - why, I have no idea. A bulk of your contending team should be developed but it will need to be supplemented with FAs and trades. They have not drafted a franchise defenseman, and the Dubnyk experiment didn't end well. They want a high flying offensive team; sorry guys, this isn't 1984.

Then you have the blown picks like Gagne, Petry, Cogliano, etc. They haven't reached Columbus status, 90% of their picks are bums, but they are close. Oilers ownership needs to completely clean house like AEG did by getting Dumbo and find a plan and stick to it with qualified, proven people.

My take, this is on ownership. I'm not sure what his name is, but for some reason he likes to hire ex oiler players as the GM. These guys have no clue how to be a GM and put together a winning team. Hence..bad draft picks, not willing to make a trade when some of their prospects were highly touted and now floundering in the AHL. Thats a few good reasons that come to mind.

However, the oiler fanbase thinks all of their prospects are hall o fame bound.