• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scout's Take - Giants vs. 49ers, Manning vs. Smith

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we're not talking about an elite QB.....we're talking about Eli Manning.

Guys, don't get so far ahead of yourselves based on a half-season......just like Smith is getting too much praise for his improvement, I don't think anyone should be looking at Eli and saying he's turned a corner or made a leap. He threw 25 INTs LAST YEAR.....if he keeps this up, sure. He's never been elite and isn't yet from what I've seen. Credit for these increases in QB efficiency have to be spread around, from the QB to the play-caller to the o-line and WRs, to everyone else involved. Team sport.

For once i agree witg space. Eli isn't an elite QB and id say the gap between he and Smith isn't as big as Williamson is trying to make.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we're not talking about an elite QB.....we're talking about Eli Manning.

Guys, don't get so far ahead of yourselves based on a half-season......just like Smith is getting too much praise for his improvement, I don't think anyone should be looking at Eli and saying he's turned a corner or made a leap. He threw 25 INTs LAST YEAR.....if he keeps this up, sure. He's never been elite and isn't yet from what I've seen. Credit for these increases in QB efficiency have to be spread around, from the QB to the play-caller to the o-line and WRs, to everyone else involved. Team sport.

Well, I certainly didn't mean to imply Eli was elite. Although it does definitely seem like I was saying that. Eli is better than Alex in my opinion though, so if I had to choose between the two, I'd go with Eli.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's unfortunate that our team really has no say in the outcome of the game. I guess we better hope Eli has an off day.

Not really Imec. Are team has more then enough say in this game. I do agree that if Eli plays good then we are not going to win this game but it is up to are defense to make sure Eli doesn't have a good day and if they can do that then we have a very good chance at winning this game.
Understand?

Last edited by a moderator:

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, I certainly didn't mean to imply Eli was elite. Although it does definitely seem like I was saying that. Eli is better than Alex in my opinion though, so if I had to choose between the two, I'd go with Eli.

Totally....I've never been a big Eli fan, almost outspoken about his deficiencies.....but that's only because he gets too much hype. He's at the very least adequate, and more capable than Smith.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not really Imec. Are team has more then enough say in this game. I do agree that if Eli plays good then we are not going to win this game but it is up to are defense to make sure Eli doesn't have a good day and if they can do that then we have a very good chance at winning this game.
Understand?

You must be the shortest person on the planet with how much goes over your head.

If Eli plays well there is no way the Niners can win?

If Eli plays well it means the Niner defense did not?

If the Eli plays poorly, is it automatically because the Niner defense played well?

What if Eli plays well, but so does Alex?

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be the shortest person on the planet with how much goes over your head.

If Eli plays well there is no way the Niners can win?

If Eli plays well it means the Niner defense did not?

If the Eli plays poorly, is it automatically because the Niner defense played well?

What if Eli plays well, but so does Alex?

Question #1- No I did not say that did I?

Question #2- What do you mean by "plays well"? If Eli throws for 300+ yards and 2 TD's or more then I would defiently say the defense struggled against Eli.

Question #3- What do you mean by "played poorly"? If Eli throws 2 interceptions and no TD's with 150 yards then yes I would say the 49ers defense played well against Eli

Question #4- Kind of a pointless question here because the 2 players play a much different role on their offenses. Eli is looked at to carry the Giants and to win the game for them. Alex is looked to by the 49ers to manage the game and not to lose it for them.

Now Imec.Do you really wanna do this with me again? Because as everyone saw last time I :hdn: you when we did this ;)

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Question #1- No I did not say that did I?

Question #2- What do you mean by "plays well"? If Eli throws for 300+ yards and 2 TD's or more then I would defiently say the defense struggled against Eli.

Question #3- What do you mean by "played poorly"? If Eli throws 2 interceptions and no TD's with 150 yards then yes I would say the 49ers defense played well against Eli

Question #4- Kind of a pointless question here because the 2 players play a much different role on their offenses. Eli is looked at to carry the Giants and to win the game for them. Alex is looked to by the 49ers to manage the game and not to lose it for them.

Now Imec.Do you really wanna do this with me again? Because as everyone saw last time I :hdn: you when we did this ;)

Answer #1. You said the following.
I do agree that if Eli plays good then we are not going to win this game
so you didn't say if he plays "well." That would be proper English. You said if he plays good the Giants will win. It's the same thing though.
If you're going to deny saying things that are just a few posts above, in your post, in your words, then no, I don't want to do this again. I want to debate with an intelligent poster that understands the game of football and the English language.

Do you really feel that the play of Alex is irrelevant? You implied that Eli's play will determine the outcome of the game. You said that if Eli plays "good" that the Giants will win. Wait, no. You said if Eli plays good we will not win. I suppose you left the door open for a tie.

Now, if it doesn't matter if both QBs play well, but you've already said it maters how Eli plays, that implies that it doesn't matter how Alex plays.

Too bad you aren't smart enough to understand that.

Of course, I expect nothing better from an admitted sheep fucker.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer #1. You said the following.

so you didn't say if he plays "well." That would be proper English. You said if he plays good the Giants will win. It's the same thing though.
If you're going to deny saying things that are just a few posts above, in your post, in your words, then no, I don't want to do this again. I want to debate with an intelligent poster that understands the game of football and the English language.

Do you really feel that the play of Alex is irrelevant? You implied that Eli's play will determine the outcome of the game. You said that if Eli plays "good" that the Giants will win. Wait, no. You said if Eli plays good we will not win. I suppose you left the door open for a tie.

Now, if it doesn't matter if both QBs play well, but you've already said it maters how Eli plays, that implies that it doesn't matter how Alex plays.

Too bad you aren't smart enough to understand that.

Of course, I expect nothing better from an admitted sheep fucker.

In question nuber one you asked "If Eli plays well there is NO WAY that the 49ers can win?"

I never said there was no way the 49ers would win if Eli plays good. When you say "no way" you make it sound like it is impossible. It is very possible for Eli to play "well" and us still win. But like I said we are going to lose if Eli does play "well: but that's just my opinion I did not say that there is "no way" we win.

And I never did say Alex Smith's performance is "irrelevant" so stop putting words in my mouth. I CLEARLY stated that Eli's performance for the Giants is much more important for them to win because he is their team and they look to him to win the game. It is not the same situation when it comes to Alex Smith because anybody who has watched a 49er game can see that we do not rely on Alex to win games we rely on them to manage games and to not turn the ball over.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously....I had been wondering who the sheep thing was supposed to be insulting there.

He is the sheep getting fucked I am the man fucking him. Its a metaphor. Please don't tell me you are as stupid as Imec is.

Bison645

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always thought that Eli and Alex were the most comparable QBs in the league. I think both are above average QBS, who can win with solid coaching. Its funny that most people think Harbaugh is limiting Smith's presence in games, yet no one is mentioning that the team as a whole is playing so well that Smith does not need to throw 40 passes in a game.
If you were a head coach, and your team could run at will, and dominate on defense and on special teams, why would you shorten your time of possesion with unneeded passes? If teams like the Giants, Green Bay, Atlanta, and New Orleans cannot win without throwing 40 times in a game, then I cannot wait to see the Niners play them.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thing that also gets missed is that we didnt have a whole offseason to get everything down. Its amazing how we are still sitting at 7-1 with barely an offeseaon. As the season progresses and onto next year we will only get better. Question is will Alex be at the helm again with a full season under his belt? Or will Kap be ready with a fulll season and offseason? Or will we have a new QB under center? Who knows.

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and they haven't exactly blown out their competition by any means(not like we've done so either)..... It's a Playoff teaser... A Playoff Preview... A Playoff appetizer... A Playoff to the Playoffs..... we're going to see a real good game.

A game that will tell where either team stands IMO. Our first was at Det, theirs was last week in NE...

Any other brilliant names you can come up with for this weeks game?? Nice work!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think the thing that also gets missed is that we didnt have a whole offseason to get everything down. Its amazing how we are still sitting at 7-1 with barely an offeseaon. As the season progresses and onto next year we will only get better. Question is will Alex be at the helm again with a full season under his belt? Or will Kap be ready with a fulll season and offseason? Or will we have a new QB under center? Who knows.

Especially considering we've played the toughest part of our schedule by far. I'm excited to see what the offense is capable of over the second half of the season. Lots of time to grow still before the playoffs.

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There isnt a chance in hell Kap is the starter next year. Its going to be Alex or another established free agent vet. This team is going to be super bowl bound in a year or two.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isnt a chance in hell Kap is the starter next year. Its going to be Alex or another established free agent vet. This team is going to be super bowl bound in a year or two.

As a Wolf Pack alum, I say "Shame on you!"

images

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why the hell not?