• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scottie Pippen: I was LeBron James before LeBron James

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen played on a great defense (would be almost unanimously a top 10 of all time on anyone's list). Teammates make you better ESPECIALLY on defense. It's not a coincidence that a guy like Rondo has never actually been a great defender since the last year he played with KG. Great defenders make everyone better defensively.

And those Bull's team were stacked defensively. A large part of Jordan's greatness was because he did it on both ends of the floor. Horace Grant was a monster defensively and Rodman was actually an upgrade.

And don't get me wrong....Pippen was a great player and a great defender. But he had a TON of help that would have benefitted anyone who would have taken his place.

Guys like Lebron and MJ are in classes by themselves. You would trade 3 Scottie Pippen's for either one of those guys. Pippen isn't in the conversation when talking about this class of player unless you want to point at him and say he is an EXTREMLY poor man's Lebron James.
I just disagree on one guy playing defense makes others good on defense. It may motivate them to WANT to play defense but it doesn't necessarily make them better at it imo.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep exactly. You thought I agreed with you. :L :L

Still havent learned to read I see...I thought you were progressing. It's all regress from here :L

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep exactly. You thought I agreed with you. :L :L

Still havent learned to read I see...I thought you were progressing. It's all regress from here :L
You're the idiot for thinking that. Just do us all a favor and leave the thinking to those of us who actually have a functioning brain.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The man is mentally ill and suffers from delusions of grandeur. He is the counterpart of Cal Ripken in baseball and Tom Brady in football. He is the most overrated basketball player in history not named Bill Russell.
:fify:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting point, since there are a lot of folks that think that's exactly what LBJ has been doing for a long time now.
if you want to talk about steroids- some of the major signs of steroid use are high athletic ability when you should be declining followed by a number of injuries where the body just cannot take it anymore a la Eric Gagne and many others.....sound like anyone you might now? (cough cough Kobe, cough)

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you want to talk about steroids- some of the major signs of steroid use are high athletic ability when you should be declining followed by a number of injuries where the body just cannot take it anymore a la Eric Gagne and many others.....sound like anyone you might now? (cough cough Kobe, cough)
Oh stop it you're clearly reaching without dispelling the possibility LBJ has taken roids since he was in HS. Kobe's knee treatment was publically documented and further disected down to the doctor who performed it and why he has to go to Germany to get it. But, nice try.

However, lets talk about why the best player in the world, who I'm sure has access to the best of everything, continues to cramp up during games that he supposedly stays conditioned for. If that were so normal how come we don't see other great players suffering from it?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen said what?

lebron-laughing-300x206.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh stop it you're clearly reaching without dispelling the possibility LBJ has taken roids since he was in HS. Kobe's knee treatment was publically documented and further disected down to the doctor who performed it and why he has to go to Germany to get it. But, nice try.

However, lets talk about why the best player in the world, who I'm sure has access to the best of everything, continues to cramp up during games that he supposedly stays conditioned for. If that were so normal how come we don't see other great players suffering from it?
im just saying- from the outside looking in- carrying on at a high level passed the time you usually start to see decline- and then all of a sudden a bunch of injuries to tendons and ligaments is one of the clearest signs of steroid use you can possibly contemplate

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.....when told he was not getting the last shot- Pippen benched himself. He went and cried and benched himself.

Please- no one EVER EVER EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVER try and compare him with LeBron.

When LeBron's coach told him he was inbounding the ball- LeBron said- no i am not- Im takin the shot- and took the game winner...

Pippen? cried his way to the bench and sat there while the game was on the line.

Let's not act like when the game has been on the line, Lebron didn't passed the ball and didn't take the last shot either. What Pipp did was wrong and when Kukoc hit that shot, Pipp knew it was wrong. MJ always got to take the last shot so when he left to play AA baseball, Pipp wanted to AT LEAST take the shot.. LOL Did he cry and get pissed? Yeah.. Can't say that about Lebron throughout his history of playoffs as far as WANTING to take the last shot.

Pipp may be the closest thing to what we've seen to Lebron at SF as far as the total package. But he's not Lebron. Pipp is a great all around player, but he's not a great offensive player like MJ, Lebron, Kobe, etc. He never really went off for 30-40 points like the great ones do.

But saying he only accomplished things in the NBA due to playing with MJ is way off too. All you have to do is ask his peers who voted on him for the all-time top 50 players, he was a original dream team player, and he was an 8 time 1st all NBA defense team member. #6 in steals all time.

The end

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The modern day comparison for Pippen isn't Lebron James. It's another Cav's player: Shawn Marion. Only difference is Marion didn't get to play with the best player in the history of the game his entire career.
I've always been under the assumption that Marion was a B+ man to man defender and not a lockdown guy. I always thought Marion's excellence was in his help defense. In that regard, I think he is more comparable to Lebron than Pippen.

Pippen is more like Kawhi Leonard imo. A guy who is a superstar on defense who took over on offense every once in awhile but was otherwise just a good offensive player and not an offensive superstar.

Doesn't Lebron have like 40lbs on Pippen?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just saying- from the outside looking in- carrying on at a high level passed the time you usually start to see decline- and then all of a sudden a bunch of injuries to tendons and ligaments is one of the clearest signs of steroid use you can possibly contemplate
Maybe so....or maybe we're finally seeing Kobe not able to fight his way through injuries. He's been hurt in the past he just was able to continue to play through them unlike some players.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I'm in Coming to America when the guys in the barber shop are talking about Rocky Marciano.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so....or maybe we're finally seeing Kobe not able to fight his way through injuries. He's been hurt in the past he just was able to continue to play through them unlike some players.
you cant fight through a torn achilees or a torn acl no matter who you are. All I am saying is a big indicator of steroid use is playing above expectations late in your career followed by injuries to ligaments and tendons. That is precisely what happened to Kobe.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just disagree on one guy playing defense makes others good on defense. It may motivate them to WANT to play defense but it doesn't necessarily make them better at it imo.

It's team defense exactly. Not to mention go back and look at who on the Bulls guarded Magic, Barkley, even Ewing at times. He was the key to the Bulls defense. MJ and Flip both said it.

Pipp averaged 18/7/5 in his career playoff history - that includes when he was 35 too.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant fight through a torn achilees or a torn acl no matter who you are. All I am saying is a big indicator of steroid use is playing above expectations late in your career followed by injuries to ligaments and tendons. That is precisely what happened to Kobe.

Or the injuries are just the wear and tear of a lengthy career. When has Kobe ever played above expectations?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen was a great all-round player. He couldn't guard Kobe when it counted though....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I buy Pippen as a top 30 of all time type player. He is probably somewhere in the top 50-75 range

When DWade and Lebron teamed up and both were healthy, both were top 5 guys in the league at the time. Their styles didn't match and they didn't always have the best help but when they were healthy and they needed to turn it on, they basically won just simply by being excellent talents and trying to have Bosh stave off taller competition.

Michael Jordan was a better player than DWade. Phil Jackson was a better coach than Spoelstra. If Pippen was anywhere close to Lebron then the Bulls should've been dismantling and emasculating teams every night. They would've been the NBA equivalent of UConn women's basketball.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Type in "LeBron James Biogenesis" into a search engine then type in "Kobe Bryant Biogenesis" then get back to me with your results.

LeBron James lost weight the same year the NBA starts testing for HGH, kind of suspicious.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I buy Pippen as a top 30 of all time type player. He is probably somewhere in the top 50-75 range

When DWade and Lebron teamed up and both were healthy, both were top 5 guys in the league at the time. Their styles didn't match and they didn't always have the best help but when they were healthy and they needed to turn it on, they basically won just simply by being excellent talents and trying to have Bosh stave off taller competition.

Michael Jordan was a better player than DWade. Phil Jackson was a better coach than Spoelstra. If Pippen was anywhere close to Lebron then the Bulls should've been dismantling and emasculating teams every night. They would've been the NBA equivalent of UConn women's basketball.

Like go 72-10? Pipp was 19/6/6/2 that year on 16 shots/game. And that team Lost 2 games in the last 2 weeks of the regular season (bored) and only lost 3 games in the playoffs. They were up 3-0 on Seattle in the Finals and lost 2 in a row or it would have been 1 loss in the entire playoffs. I believe that team was the ONLY team ever to have 3 players on the 1st team NBA all defense and is still the only team ever to do it. That's pretty much dismantling I would say.

And I'm not saying Pippen is better than Lebron, because he's not as gifted offensively. But he was dam good, never took a play off and was flying around the rim 24/7.

It's all on tape if you want to go see for yourself. Pretty sick too.