• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scottie Pippen: I was LeBron James before LeBron James

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other part missed in guys paving the way for future superstars is if Pippen never did what he did, LeBron might have been looked at as only a 4.

I guess the dinosaurs just want some credit in the futures successes. Eventually there will be a guy that people will consider to put in the conversation with Lebron, if there was poetic justice, that person would be wiggins lol.

Nah...Wiggins isnt big enough. Maybe if he gets on some roids he can play and defend at the 4, but I doubt it.

Durantula is the best bet, but we have already seen what he can do.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah...Wiggins isnt big enough. Maybe if he gets on some roids he can play and defend at the 4, but I doubt it.

Durantula is the best bet, but we have already seen what he can do.
Interesting point, since there are a lot of folks that think that's exactly what LBJ has been doing for a long time now.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scottie posterizing Alonzo, Ewing, Barkley, Dale Davis, Oakley..

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Pippen to Rambis is a joke.

Pippen to James isn't.

Dammit my bad! I forgot to hit the sarcasm button for you. In other words...

imagesOIQQ2FXG.jpg:D

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawn Marion has done what exactly?

Pipp.. 8 NBA 1st team all defense. #6 all time in NBA history with steals. 6 rings. averaged 18/8/5 in the playoffs his entire career and 20+ with no MJ around.

....and Shawn Marion was 19th all time and would have had just as many all defensive teams and rings as Pippen if he would have played almost his entire career next to Jordan and the elite PF's on those Bull's team.

Pippen was a great player. No doubt about it. But he played on one of the best teams of all time. He most certainly contributed to that team no doubt but a lot of other basketball players could have 6 rings if they were in Pippen's shoes. Had Pippen played his entire career for a middling team from that era, him saying his game is a lot like Lebron's wouldn't even be published because he wouldn't have been an historically relevant enough player for people to still talk to.

The one area that Pippen really is the greatest? He had the greatest luck of all time. He got to play next to Jordan and Grant/Rodman for pretty much his entire career. Had that not happened, no one even remembers him well enough to make the comparison to Lebron and they most certainly wouldn't do so because he flat out isn't in that category of player.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and Shawn Marion was 19th all time and would have had just as many all defensive teams and rings as Pippen if he would have played almost his entire career next to Jordan and the elite PF's on those Bull's team.

Pippen was a great player. No doubt about it. But he played on one of the best teams of all time. He most certainly contributed to that team no doubt but a lot of other basketball players could have 6 rings if they were in Pippen's shoes. Had Pippen played his entire career for a middling team from that era, him saying his game is a lot like Lebron's wouldn't even be published because he wouldn't have been an historically relevant enough player for people to still talk to.

The one area that Pippen really is the greatest? He had the greatest luck of all time. He got to play next to Jordan and Grant/Rodman for pretty much his entire career. Had that not happened, no one even remembers him well enough to make the comparison to Lebron and they most certainly wouldn't do so because he flat out isn't in that category of player.
So Pippen was great on defense because he played with Jordan? Not because of his own effort? Hmmmm.....by comparison there are plenty of guys that play with LBJ (considered the best in the world today) yet they're not making any all defensive team appearances....certainly not multiple appearances. Just sayin.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Would've... could've

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You make a good point. Lebron has done most of these things on some of worst supporting cast teams of all-time, especially teams making it to the Finals (of course other than the Heat years). The thing that is so much different when comparing Lebron to Pippen is the fact Lebron can take over a game in all aspects, especially distributing and scoring. Pippen could guard at an elite level and was a good rebounder, still an all-time great but really not comparable to Lebron at all.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.....when told he was not getting the last shot- Pippen benched himself. He went and cried and benched himself.

Please- no one EVER EVER EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVER try and compare him with LeBron.

When LeBron's coach told him he was inbounding the ball- LeBron said- no i am not- Im takin the shot- and took the game winner...

Pippen? cried his way to the bench and sat there while the game was on the line.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.....when told he was not getting the last shot- Pippen benched himself. He went and cried and benched himself.

Please- no one EVER EVER EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVER try and compare him with LeBron.

When LeBron's coach told him he was inbounding the ball- LeBron said- no i am not- Im takin the shot- and took the game winner...

Pippen? cried his way to the bench and sat there while the game was on the line.
And somehow disrespecting your HC is a better way to handle that situation? Not surprising coming from you.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe this conversation is going on still.

Look at the Finals this year. Scottie Pippen has never in his life put up a series like Lebron did. Pippen was a great complimentary player, but nowhere near Lebron. Not even remotely close.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting point, since there are a lot of folks that think that's exactly what LBJ has been doing for a long time now.

That's exactly what I think 70-80% of all professional athletes are doing.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I didn't expect Shane to agree...being the biggest homer on these boards n all.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I didn't expect Shane to agree...being the biggest homer on these boards n all.

xickg-thumb-520x289-13690.jpg

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Pippen was great on defense because he played with Jordan? Not because of his own effort? Hmmmm.....by comparison there are plenty of guys that play with LBJ (considered the best in the world today) yet they're not making any all defensive team appearances....certainly not multiple appearances. Just sayin.

Pippen played on a great defense (would be almost unanimously a top 10 of all time on anyone's list). Teammates make you better ESPECIALLY on defense. It's not a coincidence that a guy like Rondo has never actually been a great defender since the last year he played with KG. Great defenders make everyone better defensively.

And those Bull's team were stacked defensively. A large part of Jordan's greatness was because he did it on both ends of the floor. Horace Grant was a monster defensively and Rodman was actually an upgrade.

And don't get me wrong....Pippen was a great player and a great defender. But he had a TON of help that would have benefitted anyone who would have taken his place.

Guys like Lebron and MJ are in classes by themselves. You would trade 3 Scottie Pippen's for either one of those guys. Pippen isn't in the conversation when talking about this class of player unless you want to point at him and say he is an EXTREMLY poor man's Lebron James.