• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scott Skiles has informed the Orlando Magic that he is stepping down as head coach

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really an issue. Just wasn't content on being a puppet

It was an issue from the standpoint that he would choose not to call out Lebron for anything wrong he did but quick to correct other role players. Even guys who were in Lebron's corner, like James Jones, approached Blatt and told him that he couldn't defer to Lebron and had to call him out in the film study as he was doing to everyone else.

Blatt never signed on to be the coach of Lebron, and it was evident Lebron didn't sign on for Blatt to be his coach. There was a rift from the get-go.

Hopefully Blatt has learned from this because I still believe he's capable of being a really good coach in the league. I trust Kerr in that he wanted him for his #1 on his staff before Blatt took the Cavs job.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sound like Blatt is actually a pretty hot candidate this offseason...

good for him...obviously a very smart guy....he just wasnt prepared to try and win NBA titles when he came over....

^^^THIS^^^

Lebron gave him the old "Reverse Byron." Byron came to the Cavs thinking he was going to be coaching Lebron and Blatt came to the Cavs thinking he wasn't. Neither was prepared for what they were handed.

The difference is, I think Blatt is a better coach than Byron and will ultimately have the better career.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^THIS^^^

Lebron gave him the old "Reverse Byron." Byron came to the Cavs thinking he was going to be coaching Lebron and Blatt came to the Cavs thinking he wasn't. Neither was prepared for what they were handed.

The difference is, I think Blatt is a better coach than Byron and will ultimately have the better career.

It's weird when Wiggy makes a half-decent observation. Kinda like seeing a unicorn

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^THIS^^^

very good comment...totally agree...

I think Blatt could have been pretty good....it would have been interesting seeing him with a lineup something like:

Kyrie/Delly
Wiggins/Waiters
Heyward
Frye/Zeller
Thompson/Mozgov

or something like that....im sure the Cavs would have eventually added some kind of stretch big to take Mozgovs slot their....maybe even Frye- the talk was they were gonna sign him before LeBron came into the picture--- and they had always been fans of Mozgov- before Blatt even got their who had coached him in Russia...