• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scott Linehan

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than anything, a real commitment to the running game is what is making the offense go. They've had offensive line talent and RB talent in Murray, they just weren't utilizing those capabilities until this season.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well obviously- just look at our defense.

We spent all of our early draft capital on defense on D-linemen and where has that got us? The reason our defense is getting torched every week is that our CBs are a washed up free agent and a pick from way late in the draft (any picks that aren't a 1st rounder are "late round" picks, fyi), plus whomever we could round up to play in the nickel.

Can't have a good defense in this league unless you have a minimum of 3 first round CBs on the field, I think our defense through 6 weeks this year certainly proves that.

#provoking

Dead ball foul 15 yards down remains fourth time to punt

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like Illegal use of sarcasm lol

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so, too. A lot of people want to critisize him, but realistically, our offensive woes were due to fumbles, drops, bad QB play, but we had players in the right position, with good game plans.

Everyone saying that our coaches now are better because Stafford has less turnovers. Well,maybe that's how things would've went last year had our defense been ranked #1. That gives you a lot of room to maneuver. Or they're saying this coaching staff has fixed his mechanics. Honestly, I haven't seen that. He's still side arming, and back foot throwing. If that was the problem they could've just added a qb coach.

I'm not saying Lombardi is a dud, I'll give him time, but shi . Imagine if our offense could move the ball.

Linehan also had years to perfect the offense while lombardi has had weeks. Lets not forget how ridiculously inconsistent those lions offenses were under linehan. How many games did they dominate one half and completeley disappear the next? Too many. Granted, they arent dominating period currently but its still early in lombardis tenure.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But how many teams are going to be able to force Dallas to throw the ball?

I think the lions would. Im not sure theres a team in the league that can run against them.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love revisionist history.

After some thought it struck me as funny that just last year Linehan was widely criticized for so many issues in Dteroit....from not getting Calvin the ball enough, to throwing to Calvin to much, the lack of a running game, to Stafford's poor mechanics!

At best during good stretches Linehan received only moderate support.

Fast forward one year we are getting should we have kept him? He couldn't do it in Detroit after 4 years of trying it was time to move on. I hope the best in Dallas but different team with different strengths.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least theres no questions about schwartz jdw.