• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schefter -- Staley upset about Smith's demotion

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worrying about blocking for Kap now please.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is Grant Cohn. I'll wait for Barrows or Maiocco to write about it.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This a non-story to me.

The media wants to put it out there that there is division and guys won't play as hard or as good because they like Smith. I didn't see anything different from Staley today, he seemed to have one of his typical good games today. As to being bummed that his best friend got benched, would you react any differently if you were in Staley's shoes and your best friend got benched under these circumstances? I can't say I wouldn't if I was the starting LT and my buddy was the QB. I wouldn't let my game slip though, it'd be a stark reminder that the NFL doesn't play favorites and is always looking for your replacement.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit your avitar is amazing.

And it may be staying - he told TobyTyler, who thinks it's ghastly, that he'd remove it if there wasn't a sky-is-falling thread/post from him for two weeks. I'll let him be the judge, but one thread already made by TT/NN may or may not have qualified.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
During the Saints game, Pam Oliver was doing a sideline report and said something to the effect of "I talked to Joe Staley about the situation, and all he would say was 'Alex knows how I feel'. It was a subject he was clearly uncomfortable with". I don't think this is a big secret.

What surprised me was, anyone hear the Donte Whitner interview on KNBR after the game? I thought he was very close to saying something. Said numerous times "we were OK until the turnover", then at the end Eric Davis asked him if anything has to change going forward, and he said "not with us, not the defense. Defense is great. QB.....that's on the coach"

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it may be staying - he told TobyTyler, who thinks it's ghastly, that he'd remove it if there wasn't a sky-is-falling thread/post from him for two weeks. I'll let him be the judge, but one thread already made by TT/NN may or may not have qualified.

Ha ha ha! DOn't hold your breath; I can't help myself. But damn, that was funny! I must have missed that one.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yep, prior to the Saints game, said a big key was how the players felt? but only the coaches could get a feel for the 'pulse of the team', certainly not fans.

not surprising, following a lost, emotions are starting to rise from players. so nothing like a win on Sunday to 'cure all ills'.

also not surprising, the media is trying hard to blow it out of proportion.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the Saints game, Pam Oliver was doing a sideline report and said something to the effect of "I talked to Joe Staley about the situation, and all he would say was 'Alex knows how I feel'. It was a subject he was clearly uncomfortable with". I don't think this is a big secret.

What surprised me was, anyone hear the Donte Whitner interview on KNBR after the game? I thought he was very close to saying something. Said numerous times "we were OK until the turnover", then at the end Eric Davis asked him if anything has to change going forward, and he said "not with us, not the defense. Defense is great. QB.....that's on the coach"

The defense that gave up the unnecessary roughness penalty that lost the game?

Okay. Cool. Go back to Smith.

Donte Whitner just bought his ticket out of town.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, prior to the Saints game, said a big key was how the players felt? but only the coaches could get a feel for the 'pulse of the team', certainly not fans.

not surprising, following a lost, emotions are starting to rise from players. so nothing like a win on Sunday to 'cure all ills'.

also not surprising, the media is trying hard to blow it out of proportion.

Minnesota, NYGiants.

Where were these guys then?

How about the NFCC? Nothing?

Chumps.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That unnecessary roughness penalty was a bad call by the refs, they called it a helmet to helmet - which was just not true. Goldson's helmet did not contact the QB, and he'd already committed to the hit when dude began his slide.

The players are going to start griping more if we lose next week. Hopefully Kaep can turn it around and play a good game, because if we lose next week it's just going to get worse.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That unnecessary roughness penalty was a bad call by the refs, they called it a helmet to helmet - which was just not true. Goldson's helmet did not contact the QB, and he'd already committed to the hit when dude began his slide.

The players are going to start griping more if we lose next week. Hopefully Kaep can turn it around and play a good game, because if we lose next week it's just going to get worse.

Hopefully he can turn it around? Kaep has played better than Alex.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he can turn it around? Kaep has played better than Alex.

He did not have a good game this week dude. If you can't see that, well really I don't expect that you can...

I would characterize it like this... He had a great 1st start, a good 2nd start and a mediocre/bad 3rd start. So yeah hopefully he can turn it around and have a good or great game against the Dolphins. If he has a bad game, more players are going to start second guessing the QB situation, and that's just bad news for the team going into the playoffs.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean the defense that only let up 3 points. That penalty was one of many reasons we lost. Big was not the sole treason we lost. Cut the crap

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did not have a good game this week dude. If you can't see that, well really I don't expect that you can...

I would characterize it like this... He had a great 1st start, a good 2nd start and a mediocre/bad 3rd start. So yeah hopefully he can turn it around and have a good or great game against the Dolphins. If he has a bad game, more players are going to start second guessing the QB situation, and that's just bad news for the team going into the playoffs.

My problem here, and pardon my circular logic, is that we play the Patriots right after that. The reason they chose Kaep was because of games like this and the Giants games. So it would make sense to keep Kaep, whereas against Bills it might not have made a difference. And if we went back to Smith, it would be better now than after the Dolphins game because he could get out any rust. Rust is not a legitimate excuse, but people would use it if we lost to the Patriots with Smith in his first game back, in a game where we'd have a good chance to lose either way.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Neither the safety nor the unnecessary roughness calls were correct calls. So putting the game on the defense for that is like putting the tie on Kaepernick for the safety. The fact is both happened and both contributed to the loss significantly and both had elements of shoulda wouldas, but it wasn't a "fault" thing to our guys.

Point taken though, we shouldn't bench Kaep based on this unspectacular game by everyone (though Crabtree was good).