• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scenario Village 2.0

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I'm not saying it can or will happen... but it IS possible, thanks to the Playoff Committee.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Alabama (12-0)
2. Ohio State (11-1)
3. Clemson (11-1)
4. Washington (11-1)
5. Michigan (10-2)
6. Wisconsin (10-2)
7. Colorado (10-2)
8. Penn State (10-2)
9. Oklahoma (9-2)
10. Oklahoma State (9-2)
BUZZ... Western Michigan (12-0)

So let us discuss...

Point 1: I believe at this point that Alabama is a lock in the Playoff, even with a loss.

Point 2: The Committee has put themselves in a position where they cannot drop Ohio State out, unless (a) Colorado, Clemson, and Penn State all win convincingly in their title games or (b) Wisconsin, Washington, and Oklahoma State " " ".

Point 3: And even if Point 2 happens, they still may not drop them out for a conference champion.

Point 4: That leaves us with 2 cemented teams in the Playoffs: Alabama and Ohio State.

Point 5: That leaves 2 slots open for the following 8 teams listed, and Western Michigan(for argument's sake)

Point 6: What happens if Clemson and Washington lose? Do they put in the B10 Champ and Colorado? Do they slip in the Bedlam winner? What do you think?

I believe this scenario is possible.

1. Alabama (13-0)
2. Ohio State (11-1)
3. Penn State (11-2)
4. Michigan (10-2)

Call me batshit crazy, but yes... it is theoretically possible. Not 2... but 3 B10 teams in the Playoff. Maybe not in that order, but it is possible. I'm not sure if they would put in Wisconsin in this situation because they are 0-2 vs. Mich/OSU. Penn State is 1-1 vs. Mich/OSU. Michigan also holds the H2H advantage over Colorado if they win the PAC12. OSU holds the H2H advantage over Oklahoma if they win the PAC12.

I'm just saying y'all. It probably won't happen, but it is DAMN sure possible. Feel free to elaborate.

If Washington and Clemson lose it would be between these 2 loss teams:

Colorado
Michigan
Oklahoma
*Penn St/Wisconsin (winner would be in)

But Michigan is favored to get highly in this situation bc they beat all 3 of these teams and all of these teams have 2 losses. Oklahoma would probably not be able to get in bc they lost to Ohio St by 21. Colorado lost by 17 or so, that could hurt them. Possible but unlikely.

I would put Oklahoma and the B1G winner in there though for the 3 and 4 seeds

Last edited:

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pedo St. loses to Pitt and then gets pumped by Michigan like a cheap $20 crack h0 by a score of 49 - 10 and they're ranked in the top 10 ... lulz.

and lets not forget, they set the precedent that you can lose to an unranked 5-4 team, and NOT drop in the polls.......

:L

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington beats Colorado next week and they are in. And ya .. fvk the B1G and it's humongous contract it signed with ESP1N this last offseason. Seriously how many B1G teams can they fit in the top 10.

If the PAC wasn't so shitty they would have more in there :dhd:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to think Michigan losing to Ohio State this weekend will really hurt their playoff chances. They may still make it but it'll take a lot of luck.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Alabama (12-0)
2. Ohio State (11-1)
3. Clemson (11-1)
4. Washington (11-1)
5. Michigan (10-2)
6. Wisconsin (10-2)
7. Colorado (10-2)
8. Penn State (10-2)
9. Oklahoma (9-2)
10. Oklahoma State (9-2)
BUZZ... Western Michigan (12-0)

So let us discuss...

Point 1: I believe at this point that Alabama is a lock in the Playoff, even with a loss.

Point 2: The Committee has put themselves in a position where they cannot drop Ohio State out, unless (a) Colorado, Clemson, and Penn State all win convincingly in their title games or (b) Wisconsin, Washington, and Oklahoma State " " ".

Point 3: And even if Point 2 happens, they still may not drop them out for a conference champion.

Point 4: That leaves us with 2 cemented teams in the Playoffs: Alabama and Ohio State.

Point 5: That leaves 2 slots open for the following 8 teams listed, and Western Michigan(for argument's sake)

Point 6: What happens if Clemson and Washington lose? Do they put in the B10 Champ and Colorado? Do they slip in the Bedlam winner? What do you think?

I believe this scenario is possible.

1. Alabama (13-0)
2. Ohio State (11-1)
3. Penn State (11-2)
4. Michigan (10-2)

Call me batshit crazy, but yes... it is theoretically possible. Not 2... but 3 B10 teams in the Playoff. Maybe not in that order, but it is possible. I'm not sure if they would put in Wisconsin in this situation because they are 0-2 vs. Mich/OSU. Penn State is 1-1 vs. Mich/OSU. Michigan also holds the H2H advantage over Colorado if they win the PAC12. OSU holds the H2H advantage over Oklahoma if they win the PAC12.

I'm just saying y'all. It probably won't happen, but it is DAMN sure possible. Feel free to elaborate.

I for one would love to see western Michigan take on any of the top 8...... would be entertaining as hell. no mercy........ lol. you think you can hang? ok, let's see....... Although, I'm not totally sold on Washington yet, their one and only tough game, they lose, at home to 3 loss USC....... this has to bother the committee...... seriously, who else have they played?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn St is vastly improved and I'm pretty sure you guys would want no part of them at this point.

Well, if that's the prerequisite then why isn't $C in the conversation? Since the QB they are the second best team behind Bama.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if that's the prerequisite then why isn't $C in the conversation? Since the QB they are the second best team behind Bama.

If we expanded the playoffs, they probably would be in.. but I've been saying they very well could be the best in the PAC for some time now. OU is much improved and they are likely not getting in either. It's the way the cards fell this year.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Colorado, VT AND OKST win then yes Michigan SHOULD get in but I think Colorado would although it'd be interesting to see if the committee took into account the fact that one of OKST losses was completely bogus

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we expanded the playoffs, they probably would be in.. but I've been saying they very well could be the best in the PAC for some time now. OU is much improved and they are likely not getting in either. It's the way the cards fell this year.

Exactly, it is about the entire resume and even if Penn State wins the B1G they do not have a legitimate argument to leap frog into the playoffs. Penn State shouldn't be ahead of either Oklahoma schools either.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all the bullshit the committee has told us the last 2 years, they really needed a cut and dried version to take place this year. But it's the exact opposite of that.

Now, the committee is about to lose any credibility they had.
Say What?

What exactly do you have a problem with the last 2 years? The committee has gotten it right as far as I'm concerned.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, it is about the entire resume and even if Penn State wins the B1G they do not have a legitimate argument to leap frog into the playoffs. Penn State shouldn't be ahead of either Oklahoma schools either.

Well, the Oklahoma schools probably sealed their fates when did so poorly OOC early on. From there, the rest of Big12 being so down this year did nothing to help their resumes. Not saying it's right, just playing devils advocate. As for USC, it was a great turn-around.. but too late in the season?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all the bullshit the committee has told us the last 2 years, they really needed a cut and dried version to take place this year. But it's the exact opposite of that.

Now, the committee is about to lose any credibility they had.

@outofyourmind They said conference championships do matter but they also said they want "The best four teams"

In 2014, they did a good job...the only question was putting Ohio St in over Baylor/TCU. They had similar resumes, both one loss and Ohio St demolished Wisconsin. They put them in and they won it all....Check

In 2015, I don't think there was any debate who the four teams were. They were pretty much set in stone.

The committee has handled it well so far. Tell me how the committee will lose credibility this year and what teams they put in will affect that credibility? I'm interested.

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson's struggles/schedule has been down-played and mostly ignored all year. What would make anyone think that the conference championship would change anything. Even with a loss and assuming the BIG gets two teams -- that puts Clemson in the class with Colorado and Oklahoma --who both get beat out due to head to heads with OSU and Mich. in this scenario.

3 BIGS is certainly a possible scenario - but it is one I wish no part in seeing.
Just say no to :nutswing: