• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SB - who are you rooting for?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of you. Go Broncos. Would like to see Peyton get another one...and yes Sherman is a loud mouth, but he can back it up and is a great player. I was ok with him putting Bayless in his place.

Should be a good game, but I think the Broncos win.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Manning is a class act (I didn't say he was perfect, and his commitment can be annoying at times)... I think a majority of the country will be rooting for Denver...

No doubt about it. Sherman sealed the deal & basically moved a lot of fans with no rooting interest to pull for the Broncos. The Seahawks are a hard team to get behind since they have such a whining fan base & - as gke noted - several players who are not exactly likeable.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of you. Go Broncos. Would like to see Peyton get another one...and yes Sherman is a loud mouth, but he can back it up and is a great player. Should be a good game, but I think the Broncos win.

Yep - Sherman is a great player & very intelligent. However - he needs to show some humility. I believe that this is similar to the RG3 situation in certain respects & both of them will learn as they get older.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rooting for the Broncos becasue:

I do like Manning and think the he chokes is taken too far...sure his teams have made early exits before, but the guy doesn't play defense , and his defense has let him down many times in the playoffs...Luckily for Denver they are facing a team that is Offense limited in my opinion....

Plus.....Seattle fans are sickening....and Sherman does make it hard ot root for them...He is a great CB...Probably the best in the NFL right now...But dude...learn to win with Dignity!!!!

As far as those rooting for Champ...Im not rooting for Denver for Champ....I could care less about Champ...He forced his way out of DC, didnt want to be here, so i could care less if he won a ring!!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How quickly they forget!!!!! I absolutely HATE Peyton Manning!!! Not as a person nor the football player, but what he and his family did to the game that I love. Anyone remember how much he whined and cried about his receivers not being able to get open following a playoff game at New England?? Anybody remember what the NFL did in response??? Rule changes!!! Five yard rule, PI geared toward the offensive player.

SN: I gonna post a poll based on this question.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos, I HATE the Shehawks and fuck Sherman. .

That being said they'll probably win it all.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - Sherman is a great player & very intelligent. However - he needs to show some humility. I believe that this is similar to the RG3 situation in certain respects & both of them will learn as they get older.

How do we know he's intelligent? Because an athlete goes to Stanford? Haha ok.

He sure doesn't act intelligent.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Sherman_%28American_football%29

No - I researched it after hearing about this on the radio. Here is an excerpt from that link:

A scholar-athlete, he was Salutatorian (ranked second) in his high school class.

Sherman graduated in 2010 from Stanford with a degree in Communication and returned for his final year of eligibility in order to begin a Masters degree.

Sounds pretty smart to me! Also - he always comes across as well spoken (unlike some other athletes). His problem is not with his intelligence - it is with his maturity.

Please don't judge his overall demeanor on how he acted 10 seconds after the game was over. Most of us would sound foolish in this situation. Again - as he gets older he will learn to tone it down & perhaps just avoid the media to a degree. This again reminds me a lot of how RG3 handles the media. He is also a pretty smart guy & I am guessing he will learn to handle the media differently moving forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lmao! dont know much about sherman do ya?
he's an ass we know... his play would make tatum and atkinson proud..

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Denver wins, I want Peyton Manning to get another Super Bowl ring

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all who said that they wanted to see Denver win especially P. Manning.......please tell me why you want that to happen. Thanks!!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all who said that they wanted to see Denver win especially P. Manning.......please tell me why you want that to happen. Thanks!!

He is a class act.
He is an amazing player to watch.
He has made all the difference to 2 teams.
He is returning from 4 neck surgeries.
He is the ultimate student of the game.
He could practically be the OC of the teams he's been on.
He deserves another SB ring, simply to shut all the BS narratives the media and opposing fans have created.

Those are a few of my reasons.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a class act.
He is an amazing player to watch.
He has made all the difference to 2 teams.
He is returning from 4 neck surgeries.
He is the ultimate student of the game.
He could practically be the OC of the teams he's been on.
He deserves another SB ring, simply to shut all the BS narratives the media and opposing fans have created.

Those are a few of my reasons.

He's NO class act....he and his whinning ass family were the root causes for the rule changes, 5 yard, PI, etc.
He's ONLY amazing because of those rule changes. If Seattle is allowed to play defense the way they played it against SF, he'll only complete 10% or less of his passes.

No argument with his being the difference on two teams or returning from neck surgeries.

NO ONE deserves a SB ring, in fact if he gets one it will only be because the officials give it to him in not allowing good defense.

Keep in mind that I could care less if either of these teams win, they are not my hometown team so let's not go to my having a bias towards either.

Tell you what....if Manning/ Denver wins, bring a pillow with you to watch it.....it will be boring!!!
if Seattle wins it will probably be a low scoring affair....meaning defense wins it!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, you asked, i answered and gave you my opinion. It's just fine with me if yours is different. It would be boring if we all looked at things the same.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's NO class act....he and his whinning ass family were the root causes for the rule changes, 5 yard, PI, etc.
He's ONLY amazing because of those rule changes. If Seattle is allowed to play defense the way they played it against SF, he'll only complete 10% or less of his passes.

Not sure if you watched that 30 for 30 special about Archie Manning. If you did - I am not sure how anyone could come away with that not feeling that Archie is one of the classiest guys in sports & treated his kids better than most parents. I am not sure why he did what he did in not wanting Eli to play for the Chargers but otherwise I have all the respect in the world for the guy.

You also have to be very naive to believe that Manning only does well because of rule changes. Yep - has nothing to do with the fact that he reads defenses better than anyone, is the best audible called in history, can throw passes like nobody else & is a born leader. You are letting your hatred get the best of you.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymie, if PFM is ONLY great because of the rule changes, why do we not see every QB having similar success? At some point it does come down to the play of the individual.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, you asked, i answered and gave you my opinion. It's just fine with me if yours is different. It would be boring if we all looked at things the same.

We agree to disagree

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you watched that 30 for 30 special about Archie Manning. If you did - I am not sure how anyone could come away with that not feeling that Archie is one of the classiest guys in sports & treated his kids better than most parents. I am not sure why he did what he did in not wanting Eli to play for the Chargers but otherwise I have all the respect in the world for the guy.

You also have to be very naive to believe that Manning only does well because of rule changes. Yep - has nothing to do with the fact that he reads defenses better than anyone, is the best audible called in history, can throw passes like nobody else & is a born leader. You are letting your hatred get the best of you.

There are no defenses to read....the game is geared towards disabling defenses, so in effect all he has to do is react to where they are not their ability to stop what he wants to do.

Btw it just appears that he is the best at audibling because so few do it or do it the way he does with all that BS he does at the line. I've already responded to charges of hating on this average player. Yeah I said it he's average, just plays in an era where there are too many sub par ones that average stands out. When you have been witness to far greater QBs in your lifetime and you watch the junk called football today you recognize it for what it is!!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stymie, if PFM is ONLY great because of the rule changes, why do we not see every QB having similar success? At some point it does come down to the play of the individual.

Two problems with your response............1. I NEVER used the word ONLY in speaking about this, and

2. I NEVER said that Manning was great either.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two problems with your response............1. I NEVER used the word ONLY in speaking about this, and

2. I NEVER said that Manning was great either.

Originally Posted by Stymietee

I guess I misunderstood how you used the word ONLY. No prob, fine with agreeing to disagree.