• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SB Champions With No QB?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Talk of Siemian as Broncos' starter 'legitimate'

"
This is a clear sign that Denver is not impressed by what it’s seen from Sanchez during off-season activities. And as it relates to Lynch, the expectation there has to be that he’s at least a year away from seeing the field in any real capacity.

Either way you spin it, the defending champs are in a less-than-enviable situation at the quarterback position with less than two weeks remaining until camp."

Discuss.....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can their QB situation be worse than last season when they won it?

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering they took out some really good teams while wheeling Peyton Manning's corpse out there at QB (I am convinced there was some "Weekend at Burnies" shit going on there), I'm not gonna count them out quite yet.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes zero sense to me that they will judge Sanchez on any preseason workouts...Sanchez is what he is, they shouldnt be surprised by anything...."Serviceable"
Sanchez has been awful everywhere he has gone. In an ultra QB friendly system in Philly he barely mustered passer ratings over 80. His career passer rating is in the low 70's. When he was asked to do even a little more with the Jets, his passer rating plummets to the 60's. Yes, it's bad, really bad.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez has been awful everywhere he has gone. In an ultra QB friendly system in Philly he barely mustered passer ratings over 80. His career passer rating is in the low 70's. When he was asked to do even a little more with the Jets, his passer rating plummets to the 60's. Yes, it's bad, really bad.

Dont dis-agree...But it seems the Broncos feel blindsided by this news

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"
This is a clear sign that Denver is not impressed by what it’s seen from Sanchez during off-season activities. And as it relates to Lynch, the expectation there has to be that he’s at least a year away from seeing the field in any real capacity.

Either way you spin it, the defending champs are in a less-than-enviable situation at the quarterback position with less than two weeks remaining until camp."

Discuss.....
That sounds like reckless speculation to me. I could just as easily say, "This is a clear sign that Denver is very impressed by what it's seen from Siemian during offseason activities."

Still, I think all of the talk about Siemian is just that, talk. It's pretty easy to look good in 7 on 7s when everyone's in shorts and no pads. I would expect the guy who's been in the system the longest to look the most crisp at that point. I still think the job is Sanchez's to lose, for better or for worse, and the preseason will bear that out.

And I also think the intention all along has been to sit Lynch for the year.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont dis-agree...But it seems the Broncos feel blindsided by this news
I don't think they've been blinsided at all. I'm sure Elway is a smart enough guy to know what kind of qb Sanchez is. The Broncos blew it with Osweiler and that left them in a pretty bad qb situation in which there was no quick, easy fix. I believe they've addressed it with Lynch in the long term, but the short term is certainly less than pretty.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punt on first down so we can get our playmakers out there.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"

Discuss.....

Is it something they saw on film?:noidea::scratch:

buttfumble.jpg

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds like reckless speculation to me. I could just as easily say, "This is a clear sign that Denver is very impressed by what it's seen from Siemian during offseason activities."

Still, I think all of the talk about Siemian is just that, talk. It's pretty easy to look good in 7 on 7s when everyone's in shorts and no pads. I would expect the guy who's been in the system the longest to look the most crisp at that point. I still think the job is Sanchez's to lose, for better or for worse, and the preseason will bear that out.

And I also think the intention all along has been to sit Lynch for the year.

Would not be surprised if Siemian turns out better than expected. All draft writers said Lynch needs a year.....

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that Lynch needs to sit and if I had my way, it would be for a full year. However, I think the Broncos are hoping to get him ready to play before the end of the 2016 season. Of course if that happens, it will probably mean that the team sucks and needs a change at QB. The Broncos really need Sanchez to step into a decent game manager role and turn the defense loose. Denver's quarterback situation is definitely a little unnerving for fans as they head into camp. Better keep taking pics and polishing that new Lombardi in the trophy case.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes ... By a long shot ...

Dont see how by a long shot

Other than a few flashes from Ossweiler, Denver was doing everything possible to not have Peyton lose them games in the postseason

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's real early to be judging who the starter will be, Bronco's are blessed with that defense, I honestly don't feel it's that big of a deal who they put behind center. If they can move the chains some what and that defense plays like it did last year, they should be very able to defend their title.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've argued this with many on here over and over that try to say Sanchez isn't that bad, but he is absolutely horrible. Bad decisions, completely inaccurate, shitty throws. He just doesn't have it, but he can take a hit. He was never any good with the Jets. if Denver sticks with him they are idiots. But, with their D they sill have a chance. Who really is better than them in the AFC even with a shitty Sanchez?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've argued this with many on here over and over that try to say Sanchez isn't that bad, but he is absolutely horrible. Bad decisions, completely inaccurate, shitty throws. He just doesn't have it, but he can take a hit. He was never any good with the Jets. if Denver sticks with him they are idiots. But, with their D they sill have a chance. Who really is better than them in the AFC even with a shitty Sanchez?

According to many on this board: raiders, chargers, chiefs, and ravens.

That does not include teams like the steelers and patriots.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would not be surprised if Siemian turns out better than expected. All draft writers said Lynch needs a year.....

A lot of draft writers said Tebow would need to sit 2-3 years before he could start. But there he was, in his second year leading one of the worst teams in the NFL to the playoffs. How much do the so-called experts really know?