• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Saturday Night Football: Lions @ Cowboys, 12/30/23, 8:15 ET

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finally people are seeing that this league is rigged and has been for years

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Seinfeld GIF by hero0fwar

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
refs are not improving but I can’t say this is a play where it is rigged. Now the Saints-Rams missed call was a rigged play.

It really sucks for the Lions but it did just seem to be a miscommunication. I am not really a fan that the player has to go to the ref and tell him-if the opposing team is watching it makes if obvious. Why can’t the coach do it for the player…for example.

Either way. The trick play worked and it was unfortunate but this is still on Campbell. You can’t go for it 3 times in a row after pulling out your bag of tricks. Just kick the damn ball. The defense was playing well (other than covering Lamb). Take it to OT. Don’t put your seeding on the line for one play. I am fine doing it once but 3 times is just stupid imo

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
refs are not improving but I can’t say this is a play where it is rigged. Now the Saints-Rams missed call was a rigged play.

It really sucks for the Lions but it did just seem to be a miscommunication. I am not really a fan that the player has to go to the ref and tell him-if the opposing team is watching it makes if obvious. Why can’t the coach do it for the player…for example.

Either way. The trick play worked and it was unfortunate but this is still on Campbell. You can’t go for it 3 times in a row after pulling out your bag of tricks. Just kick the damn ball. The defense was playing well (other than covering Lamb). Take it to OT. Don’t put your seeding on the line for one play. I am fine doing it once but 3 times is just stupid imo
The trick play was also aided by the confusion. Ref told the Cowboys 70 reported eligible. The had not reason to watch Decker at that point.

The entire thing is fucked, it is not the only reason Lions lost, but it is one of the most blatant fuckups by the ref. That is an extremely competitive category. This being the same guy that messed up the end of Chiefs Packers, and maybe he should not be an official.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cant argue with that. kick the PAT and take your chances in OT

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campbell said they explained the play to the refs before the game. If the NFL was rigged, the Cowboys would have covered the play better.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s only on Campbell because the officials completely mismanaged this. Hard to fault the guy who had the balls to go for it, had a great trick play, and his team executed it to win the game that was stolen from them.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take it. It makes up for all the bullshit non-calls on Micah Parsons all year. It makes up for a lot of shit. And I don’t care if it’s wrong, the refs are always wrong. Nice to be on the right side of a wrong call for a change.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end Campbell got cute by sending 2 guys and having 1 report as eligible, trying to scam the Cowboys sideline. In the end it bit him. While he has a right to be irritated, everything that happened after that was his doing, not the refs

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end Campbell got cute by sending 2 guys and having 1 report as eligible, trying to scam the Cowboys sideline. In the end it bit him. While he has a right to be irritated, everything that happened after that was his doing, not the refs
Hmm
I dont think there is any spinning of this that can take away that this is on the refs!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a well-conceived trick play. Campbell alerted the officials to the play before the contest. Dan Campbell isn’t responsible for the gross incompetence of the officials. It’s only on Campbell after his win was stolen from him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm
I dont think there is any spinning of this that can take away that this is on the refs!
Thank you for this breath of fresh air and integrity. It should be pointed out and celebrated. You’re a gentleman and a scholar.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end Campbell got cute by sending 2 guys and having 1 report as eligible, trying to scam the Cowboys sideline. In the end it bit him. While he has a right to be irritated, everything that happened after that was his doing, not the rerefs
The guy the ref reported as eligible was neither of the ones that he sent to talk to the ref. He picked arbitrary third guy that was running by.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm

I'm not spinning it, I do think the Lions got hosed on that call. However he had a choice to make after that, and he choose poorly.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy the ref reported as eligible was neither of the ones that he sent to talk to the ref. He picked arbitrary third guy that was running by.

What number did he announce?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how late the flag came In. Guys we can’t let Detroit win in Jerrys world on that play. Call Something
I think they really wanted lions to take the extra point and go to OT. More money