• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Saturday Night Football: Lions @ Cowboys, 12/30/23, 8:15 ET

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some wild shit, eh boys. I was thinking kick the XP after the penalty. The Lions were lucky to get a third shot with Parsons jumping offside. But hey, Big Balls Dan does what he does and to be fair to him, they had a playcall that worked and Jared Goof showed up at just the wrong time and totally fucked up the pass. 82 gets in the EZ easy if the ball is where it's supposed to be and we are singing a different tune. Having said that, it's still a huge risk that cost them the game but the earlier one where he went for it instead of kicking the FG back when it was 7-3 is the one that really comes back to bite them in the ass. imo.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same ref home flavored bullshit in dallas every season.the kid reported to the ref,plain has fucking day,even aikman pointed it out..

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like it would have counted if the refs didn't mess up. All the penalties were derived from them messing up who was eligible/ineligible.
#70 didn't go downfield nor catch the pass it was #68, who by reports did not reort elligible.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who and what was #70 yelling at after the inelligable touch? I couldn't tell if it was his teammate or the refs?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, we can go on and on about the eligible or not shit or Dan Campbell continuing to go for the win but can we also question McCarthy's decision to pass on 2nd and long when they could have ran 40 seconds off the clock and Dak throwing it to nobody 40 yds downfield that allowed Detroit all that extra time to score. If the Lions get that conversion, McCarthy's old nemesis, clock management, would and should be a major talking point. Dallas dodged a huge bullet last night and are extremely lucky that the Lions or refs outdid them in the fuck up department.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons hasn't benefited from a holding for 42 quarters now. That's not just missed calls.
Yeah, there literally has not been 1 holding call against the guys doing that to Hutchinson all year either. Announcers said tonight that Parsons lead the league in hurries or QB pressures or something, but Hutch has been leading that category for almost this entire season and gotta be #2 now. Despite that he had like 6 sacks in the first 15 games. Been seeing that kind of no call all year, and I didn't take any pictures but there was at least 1 or 2 I noticed like that tonight.

I guess refs just decided they weren't calling that anymore. I get your pain though, it's certainly frustrating when your best defensive player that you rely on to drive your whole defense is basicly mitigated by the refs and what feels like an agenda they brought into the games.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am listening to Lions post game radio call in and they are playing post game clips of Campbell and he said he just wants to win and is all pissed off

He should be pissed off at himself for not kicking a field goal on that drive after CeeDee Lamb fumbled out of the side of the endzone. The Lions go all the way down the field and get to 4th and goal. Shorter than an extra point. He is 4 or 5 yards away and tries for the TD

He takes to many risks and that one cost them the game. The 2 point conversion would not have fucking mattered.

Campbell taking his risks hurt the team more then help them.

These Lions fans on the radio are all bent to hell on the refs and nobody is talking about the moron play on 4th and goal and not getting any points
Nah, this is a bull shit take. He’s benefited from playing aggressive this year as well.

You know what’s aggressive? Going for the win down 1. He had the balls and the call and he was completely cheated out of it by the incompetence of the “best officials in the world.” Last night wasn’t on Dan Campbell.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got too cute.

Tried to abuse the fact Skipper had reported earlier, to fool some tired linebackers. And they fooled the ref instead.

I did appreciate Motor City Dan going to the podium with a dip in. But would’ve liked to see an extra point by round three.
He fucking told them before the game this would happen haha. You’re a good sport putting a spin on this. This isn’t on Campbell. This isn’t on Decker or Goff or any other player. This is on incompetence.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons hasn't benefited from a holding for 42 quarters now. That's not just missed calls.
How many times this season have the Cowboys lost a game but because of the incompetence of officials given a win anyway?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times this season have the Cowboys lost a game but because of the incompetence of officials given a win anyway?

and the NFL can't admit this because we are talking tens of millions of dollars in moneyline bets that would be affected.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the NFL can't admit this because we are talking tens of millions of dollars in moneyline bets that would be affected.
It could potentially (depending upon how the rest of week 17 and 18 go) have impact on who is the:
1 seed
2 seed
3 seed
5 seed

This fugaze outcome will also impact who can and can’t sit starters next week. I’ve always been a “hey, not much you can do” guy or “that’s an either or bang/bang play and this is a tough job” guy.

They fucking told the crew before the game what they were gonna do!!! This is incompetence to a ridiculous level.

Does the NFL have the balls after the fact to send this crew to actually call a playoff game? They may have shifted the entire playoff seeding in the NFC last night.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who and what was #70 yelling at after the inelligable touch? I couldn't tell if it was his teammate or the refs?
He was yelling at the ref. #70 was a decoy, he walked up to the ref but did not say anything (according to #70, Goff and Campbell) but the ref got confused thinking 70 and not 68 reported.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was yelling at the ref. #70 was a decoy, he walked up to the ref but did not say anything (according to #70, Goff and Campbell) but the ref got confused thinking 70 and not 68 reported.
On one of the replays it appears 70 puts his hands to his chest like signalling elligble??

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On one of the replays it appears 70 puts his hands to his chest like signalling elligble??
He said he didn't say a word, maybe putting his hands up was the decoy and that's what Campbell explained to the refs before the game?

With how angry Campbell was and with the ref lying that 68 never talked to him, I think the ref just got confused and messed up.

As for the call with the receiver being ineligible, I keep seeing people making cases for both ways so I'm not sure what the correct call there is.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While watching the replay of that on sportscenter, they were talking about the ref being in such a hurry too. I think the game got a little too big for him in that moment. There was no reason to hurry there. He should have taken the time to get it right. There really is no need for confusion there but the Detroit players also need to know to make sure they clearly communicate shit. They didn't have a time out to correct his fuck up though. Seems that it was just a case of a ref making assumptions and not doing his job properly which is yet another in a long line of mistakes that shouldn't happen in a sport this big. The league is afraid to admit they have a problem and a lot of the time, they do okay. But public perception is real and just okay isn't really good enough in most people's eyes.