• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Saturday Night Football: Lions @ Cowboys, 12/30/23, 8:15 ET

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am listening to Lions post game radio call in and they are playing post game clips of Campbell and he said he just wants to win and is all pissed off

He should be pissed off at himself for not kicking a field goal on that drive after CeeDee Lamb fumbled out of the side of the endzone. The Lions go all the way down the field and get to 4th and goal. Shorter than an extra point. He is 4 or 5 yards away and tries for the TD

He takes to many risks and that one cost them the game. The 2 point conversion would not have fucking mattered.

Campbell taking his risks hurt the team more then help them.

These Lions fans on the radio are all bent to hell on the refs and nobody is talking about the moron play on 4th and goal and not getting any points

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they get to fined for telling the truth that would be pretty absurd, but it is the nfl.
well they get fined everytime they say the refs sucks & they are telling the truth then too.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am listening to Lions post game radio call in and they are playing post game clips of Campbell and he said he just wants to win and is all pissed off

He should be pissed off at himself for not kicking a field goal on that drive after CeeDee Lamb fumbled out of the side of the endzone. The Lions go all the way down the field and get to 4th and goal. Shorter than an extra point. He is 4 or 5 yards away and tries for the TD

He takes to many risks and that one cost them the game. The 2 point conversion would not have fucking mattered.

These Lions fans on the radio are all bent to hell on the refs and nobody is talking about the moron play on 4th and goal and not getting any points
but is it more? I dont really watch the lions.

because if it closer to 50/50, then you kinda got to let his all in play out.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decker did a good job of not saying the ref was wrong he said "I did what the coaches told me to do"
yeah but I heard Goff also raise concern of getting fined. If these people are gonna ask questions, then the players shouldnt have to worry about being fined for answering honestly.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gutsy team, maybe need to chill a bit after going for 2 pts 3 times in a row, brilliant but no that’s too much

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I am far from knowledgeable about formations & their rules. I just know the thing I read mentions occupy an eligible position.
He was lined up in a natural tackle spot T, G, C.
If that is eligible, then the refs did fuck up by not announcing it.
View attachment 349845
Look to the right of the “center” (Ragnow, the snapper). There are two guards and a tackle. Then a TE, who is off the line.

Counting from right to left, you get to five, before Decker, when it comes to lineman with the corresponding jersey numbers.

Decker is the “TE,”with an ineligible number. That’s why he had to report.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decker did a good job of not saying the ref was wrong he said "I did what the coaches told me to do"
They got too cute.

Tried to abuse the fact Skipper had reported earlier, to fool some tired linebackers. And they fooled the ref instead.

I did appreciate Motor City Dan going to the podium with a dip in. But would’ve liked to see an extra point by round three.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ref confusion is ridiculous. They are getting hell about that call.
It was a very bad call, will be interesting the spin NFL puts on that one.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ref confusion is ridiculous. They are getting hell about that call.
It was a very bad call, will be interesting the spin NFL puts on that one.
not only was the call bad.
The defense of the call was even worse.
They should get a lot of heat for the call.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gauntlet is thrown. The Lions coach basically said that teams will win over his dead body. Love it. Reminds of the Reacher series. We’re here to kick ass. He has balls, to say the least.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gauntlet is thrown. The Lions coach basically said that teams will win over his dead body. Love it. Reminds of the Reacher series. We’re here to kick ass. He has balls, to say the least.

and it will cost him a playoff game.

the refs fucked this up but so did Dan. kick the XP bro

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as were ref blaming, I'm just gonna leave this here.

View attachment 349846

Missed holds happen all the time. Screwing up who reported as eligible is a new level of fuckery.

But again...once this happens take the XP. the percentages from even 4 yards out are what....40 percent at best? 7 yards has to be less than 30.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed holds happen all the time. Screwing up who reported as eligible is a new level of fuckery.

But again...once this happens take the XP. the percentages from even 4 yards out are what....40 percent at best? 7 yards has to be less than 30.
Parsons hasn't benefited from a holding for 42 quarters now. That's not just missed calls.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons hasn't benefited from a holding for 42 quarters now. That's not just missed calls.

Garrett gets the same treatment man. What is extremely clear is guys like that get zero calls when they're already past their man and the tackle (usually) yanks their jersey to hold them up that half second. I mean...that's literally holding and I get we can't call it every play but it does affect dominant guys like Parsons Donald Watt Bosa Myles etc negatively.