• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sandoval Signs with Red Sox

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 years $102 mill per WEEI right now

HanRam also signs with Red Sox for a similar deal.

Red Sox trading young players and Cespidis for Hammels deal expected to get done today.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports I read on Bleacher Report say the Giants are interested in Lester now that Pablo is gone.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WEEI says giants made big offer to Lester. 6 years $175 and that he close to agreeing to it.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the rotation would be MadBum, Cain, Lester, Buddy, Lincecum/Petit.

I wonder if we get Tomas now.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston Red Sox, Pablo Sandoval agree to deal - ESPN Boston

The Boston Red Sox have an agreement in place with free-agent third baseman Pablo Sandoval, sources confirmed to ESPN.

CBSSports.com had earlier reported the agreement, which comes on the heels of Boston's reported deal with free-agent infielder Hanley Ramirez. Fox Sports is reporting that the Red Sox and Ramirez are finalizing a five-year, $90 million contract, though a major league source tells ESPN that terms of the deal are not finalized.

Pablo Sandoval's career postseason batting average of .344 is the best in baseball history among players with at least 150 plate appearances. And he has a .426 batting average in 50 career World Series plate appearances as he helped the Giants win three titles.

Sandoval reportedly chose the Red Sox's offer over those from the San Francisco Giants and San Diego Padres. All three offers were believed to be for five years and at least $90 million.

Sandoval's agent denies reports of Red Sox deal - Giants Extra

Right as ESPN was reporting that Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox have agreed to a deal — joining an earlier report from Jon Heyman of CBS Sports — assistant general manager Bobby Evans went on KNBR and recounted a conversation he had with Sandoval’s agent, Gustavo Vasquez, minutes ago.

“He’s vehemently denying the reports,” Evans said.

I’ve checked with Giants sources and at this time they haven’t been informed of a decision. Evans said the club takes “the reports seriously.”

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WEEI says giants made big offer to Lester. 6 years $175 and that he close to agreeing to it.

Do you have a link to that number? I see that the Giants are in the mix for Lester, but the best I see is that Boston is talking 6/120...

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also : Full Count » Pablo Sandoval?s agent says reports of Red Sox deal premature

Pablo Sandoval’s agent says reports of Red Sox deal premature

Pablo Sandoval continues to weigh offers, according to his agent.

While one major league source confirmed a report by Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com that the Red Sox have reached an agreement with Pablo Sandoval on the heels of Sunday night’s agreement with Hanley Ramirez, Gustavo Vasquez, the agent for Sandoval, said that there is “no truth” to the report, and that Sandoval is continuing to decide between opportunities.

“We have offers,” Vasquez said in a text, “[but] no deal.”

UPDATE: While ESPN reported that Sandoval indeed has agreed to a deal with the Sox, at 10:18 a.m., Vasquez clarified in a text that Sandoval “will make his final decision today.” Giants assistant GM Bobby Evans told KNBR radio that Vasquez was “vehemently denying” reports that Sandoval had already made a decision to join the Sox.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this official or what? It's not fair to the fans that we are being jerked around saying Pablo is gone when it's not official according to Pablo's agent. I want him to stay here but if this is some ploy to jerk us fans around and Giants management by Pablo's agent I am going to get really pissed. Is it official or not? Shit or get off the pot.

Go Giants !!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this official or what? It's not fair to the fans that we are being jerked around saying Pablo is gone when it's not official according to Pablo's agent. I want him to stay here but if this is some ploy to jerk us fans around and Giants management by Pablo's agent I am going to get really pissed. Is it official or not? Shit or get off the pot.

Go Giants !!

Fair?

Who cares. Assuming it is a plot by Team Panda (I don't think it is, btw), good on him to maximize his $$, if that is, in truth, his ultimate goal.

This is his career. He is in this for himself. As he should be.

When you go to work, you don't care about your neighbor. You don't care about the guy across town. You care about you and yours. Why are athletes expected to act differently?

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair?

Who cares. Assuming it is a plot by Team Panda (I don't think it is, btw), good on him to maximize his $$, if that is, in truth, his ultimate goal.

When you go to work, you don't care about your neighbor. You don't care about the guy across town. You care about you and yours. Why are athletes expected to act differently?

Fuck that he will get plenty of cash. How much does he need anyway. I heard the Giants were right there with the money and years. Either he wants back on the Dynasty train or he wants Boston drama. Shit or get off the pot. I really want to repeat next year more now than ever. Sounds like Pablo's agent is jerking Pablo around saying this is good for him and his career. Fuck that Pablo ...he needs to make up his mind and love the game and follow his heart. Shit or get off the pot. Let's go.

Go Giants !!

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair?

My son mentioned this morning that Boston dangled DH in front of Pablo when Ortiz retires. Should lengthen his career by a few. I really couldn't see it as he worked on his D and likes to play the field. But it is what it is.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget, Pablo's agent has a chip in the game too.....Of course he is going to pit one side against the other and hope for a bigger number.

It is what it is......

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandoval's agent didn't "fool" him into leaving SF for Boston.

Sandoval saw an opportunity where he could make more money for his family. A great city and clubhouse, a better ballpark for his bat and a chance to DH in the future.

Great move by him and smart

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that he will get plenty of cash. How much does he need anyway. I heard the Giants were right there with the money and years. Either he wants back on the Dynasty train or he wants Boston drama. Shit or get off the pot. I really want to repeat next year more now than ever. Sounds like Pablo's agent is jerking Pablo around saying this is good for him and his career. Fuck that Pablo ...he needs to make up his mind and love the game and follow his heart. Shit or get off the pot. Let's go.

Go Giants !!

Kumbaya, my Lord, Kumaya.
Oh Lord, Kumbaya.

Athletes have very short careers. Even the longest running players only have 20 years or so to earn. They need to maximize.

Also, who are you to say he is getting "plenty of cash"? It is his life to live. Not yours. If you chose to take a job making less money, more power to you. You are weighing YOUR values and making decisions based on them. Is he not allowed to make the same calculations and come up with his own answer?

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandoval's agent didn't "fool" him into leaving SF for Boston.

Sandoval saw an opportunity where he could make more money for his family. A great city and clubhouse, a better ballpark for his bat and a chance to DH in the future.

Great move by him and smart

I didn't meant to insinuate that anyone was fooling anyone here. It is what it is.....business.

We might get invested in the team, but the players (and by association their agents) are mini-business ventures on to themselves.

Money talks. Even if we don't like it.

Go Giants!

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official now, Giants have confirmed, Sox have confirmed, Pablo's agent has confirmed.

Now, time to see what the Giants do with his money.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kumbaya, my Lord, Kumaya.
Oh Lord, Kumbaya.

Athletes have very short careers. Even the longest running players only have 20 years or so to earn. They need to maximize.

Also, who are you to say he is getting "plenty of cash"? It is his life to live. Not yours. If you chose to take a job making less money, more power to you. You are weighing YOUR values and making decisions based on them. Is he not allowed to make the same calculations and come up with his own answer?

Fuck n' 100 million bucks. I could live forever on. It's all bullshit. Either he wants Dynasty heaven or mercenary hell . They drove Buckner out of town when it was Grady's fault for bringing in that pitcher who threw a wild pitch to tie that 1986 WS game 6 . Buckner should of been on the bench for defense when Mookie hit that ball. Buckner was a class individual for putting up with all the shit he did. I have tons of respect for him and his career. Those Boston fans and press sent him to baseball hell and Pablo better wake up. Yeah they finally welcomed Buckner back but not until they won it all and felt guilty for raping his soul. Whatever ...enjoy Boston Pablo I hope it works out. There still is time to change his mind before he signs on the dotted line and makes it official. Dynasty forever !

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap: