• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sando: Rams would have taken Jenkins at 33

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Around the NFC West: 49ers beat Rams? - NFC West Blog - ESPN

So if 49ers traded down they would have lost their guy. A person a team ranked almost as high as Blackmon a top 10 pick.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the rams board had jenkins as a top 10 pick, they musta thought this was the worst draft in history. guess that's why they traded down.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if the rams board had jenkins as a top 10 pick, they musta thought this was the worst draft in history. guess that's why they traded down.

I think you misread the statement.. They have Jenkins rated "almost" as high as Justin Blackmon.. Meaning losing on the Blackmon pick did not hurt them as much because they are expecting to be able to pick Jenkins later on. Per an article by Matt Maiooco, the Rams were prepared to take Jenkins @ 33

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
According to Glazer, Jenkins was one of the players Ozzie Newsome had in mind when they traded out of the 1st round and into the Vikings 2nd round spot at 35. Newsome said before the draft that there were 9 players he really liked and felt confident some would still be there in the first so it might make sense to trade back. Here is a link detailing that:

Ozzie Newsome: Ravens talking trades, have list of 9 potential picks | ProFootballTalk

...now whether or not Jenkins was the top player for them among that group of guys we still don't know but it's interesting if Glazer is right that the Ravens liked him.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you misread the statement.. They have Jenkins rated "almost" as high as Justin Blackmon.. Meaning losing on the Blackmon pick did not hurt them as much because they are expecting to be able to pick Jenkins later on. Per an article by Matt Maiooco, the Rams were prepared to take Jenkins @ 33

i took it as close to a top 10 pick. 33 vs 10 is almost almost. it might actually be almost 3 or 4 almosts away from almost.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or it meant they could find a top 10 talent in the beginning of the second round and end up with 2 top 10 talent players.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Glazer, Jenkins was one of the players Ozzie Newsome had in mind when they traded out of the 1st round and into the Vikings 2nd round spot at 35. Newsome said before the draft that there were 9 players he really liked and felt confident some would still be there in the first so it might make sense to trade back. Here is a link detailing that:

Ozzie Newsome: Ravens talking trades, have list of 9 potential picks | ProFootballTalk

...now whether or not Jenkins was the top player for them among that group of guys we still don't know but it's interesting if Glazer is right that the Ravens liked him.

Newsome is great at spotting talent and using scouts. If they had him at 35 the niners were still doing well to draft him at 30. Get the player they wanted.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's looking like it's not that some people are making it out to be.

Reminds me of the Aldon Smith pick last year in that since it wasn't the sexy or hot name to be picked there it makes it a reach.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reminds me of the Aldon Smith pick last year in that since it wasn't the sexy or hot name to be picked there it makes it a reach.

or it could be baalke just got lucky with a top 10 pick. we'll find out later, but jenkins looks like a reach. this was the draft to get a OG late in the 1st and we blew it.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People over react all the time thinking they know more than everyone else. But then again everyone is entitled to their wrong opinions.

I liked how this kid played the last 2 years and he will be a Mike Wallace for the 49ers. He will start next year for Moss. He will take the top off the defense and open up the running game and the middle of the field for Vernon. He will be used like Owusu was at Stanford.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People over react all the time thinking they know more than everyone else. But then again everyone is entitled to their wrong opinions.

I liked how this kid played the last 2 years and he will be a Mike Wallace for the 49ers. He will start next year for Moss. He will take the top off the defense and open up the running game and the middle of the field for Vernon. He will be used like Owusu was at Stanford.

i hope you're right, but i think he might be limited to being a slot wr. he should be excellent in that role. if we can grab a red zone target like dwayne allen, we'll have a good compliment of options in the passing game.

longbeach 49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
or it could be baalke just got lucky with a top 10 pick. we'll find out later, but jenkins looks like a reach. this was the draft to get a OG late in the 1st and we blew it.

I'm done spending high picks on guards. After the Baas and Rachal experience I'd rather we wait until rounds 3/4 to pick our guards. Too many premium position players available in the 1st/2nd rounds to be taking guards.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

he got lucky in the sense Aldon came on much sooner than anyone would've hoped. Aldon did it in the pass rush department and it remains to be seen how he does on all downs? while not expecting him to be All-Pro in both run stopping and coverage, a #7 overall is expected to play every down.

AJ looks like a reach or sounds (no name recognition) like a reach? nah j/k

regarding OG, i'll now take this as a positive sign on Kilgore. not to say he's the guy at RG, but he has more than a decent chance. if we draft an OG today, then it swing back to oh oh. :-)

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done spending high picks on guards. After the Baas and Rachal experience I'd rather we wait until rounds 3/4 to pick our guards. Too many premium position players available in the 1st/2nd rounds to be taking guards.

Agreed.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

generally speaking yes, but if/when a solid one comes along in the future.......who's becomes our BPA.......no problem drafting him.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mort:

WR Brian Quick is a strong possibility to be the Rams' pick at No. 33 overall.

I hope! Randle wouldn't bother me one bit either. I could see Randle or Glenn. Maybe Hill. That's the way I'm leaning right now. Glenn would be upsetting.

Last edited by a moderator:

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Rams still has a need for OT and this year's class of OT are not very deep. So it's conceivable that for #33 they would choose Jonathan Martin