• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

San Antonio Raiders?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The more I hear people talk about this on the Radio the more they're convincing me that the Raiders are spending their last season in Oakland. I think a move might be likely if not very possible. They just can't sell enough tickets in Oakland, and they're certainly not selling luxury boxes.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I hear people talk about this on the Radio the more they're convincing me that the Raiders are spending their last season in Oakland. I think a move might be likely if not very possible. They just can't sell enough tickets in Oakland, and they're certainly not selling luxury boxes.

The rare occasion they don't get arrested is the "luxury."

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't move from the Black Hole - Old Tough Football

Last edited by a moderator:

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Autumn Wind is in Cali, not Texas

Last edited by a moderator:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My husband, who's not a football fan, said that.

"Raider fans are only Raiders fans so they can dress up like it's Halloween every Sunday".

Damned near laughed myself off the couch. I had to redo a few stictches on the blanket I'm making.

So what does he do when you watch the Steelers in the winter? Shovel snow? Head to Best Buy? Sports role reversal. Since he's not a football fan, there's room for another Oakland Raider Halloween fan... :wink:

Obviously not a Pen fan, but i'll toss you a Raider bone with this Lemieux top 10 goals tube. Mario was a bad @$$... Love puck...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu1Hq-13JcY"]Top 10 Mario Lemieux Goals - YouTube[/ame]

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the Raiders and move them to London as Goodell is looking to get a team there. The owner will fit right in there.
135219438456267.jpg

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I get this survey in my email about a week ago from the Raiders and the city of San Antonio. They split the cost of the survey I guess. Also, apparently the Raiders have sent some of their people to several UTSA college football games at Alamodome this year. At first, I was sure that they were just using San Antonio, but now I'm not so sure. Lots of smoke that just seems to be getting thicker.

Raiders, San Antonio surveying fan interest on move to Alamo City
Phil Anaya, KENS 5 12:44 a.m. CDT October 10, 2014

Raiders, San Antonio surveying fan interest on move to Alamo City

New signs suggest the Oakland Raiders are seriously considering relocating to South Texas.

The latest development comes as both the team and city split the cost for a survey to gauge the interest of residents of the San Antonio area on how they would welcome the team.

The survey was sent to 50,000 people who have attended the Alamodome and ask questions like, what people would pay for tickets, or if they would even support the Raiders.

It's a hot topic that has given ESPN San Antonio radio hosts Jason Minnix' and Dat Nguyen plenty to talk about.

"The people really have a big say in where this goes, I mean if this survey comes back and they're all negative, what does this say for the raiders?" said Minnix.

Minnix said San Antonio's media market might not be able to support an NFL team, but with support of Austin, the move makes more financial sense.

Mike Sawaya, director of Convention, Sports, and Entertainment Facilities for the city of San Antonio told Eyewitness news, next week Austin residents should be getting the survey.

"San Antonio by itself eh, but you add in the I-35 corridor and that makes us a great, great viable spot for the NFL in my opinion," said Minnix.
After playing 7 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys, Nguyen knows Texas breeds passionate NFL fans.

"I had some friends that played in San Antonio during the Katrina time, the New Orleans Saints came here and they were here for a few months and they said it was one of the best places they played," said Nguyen.

Nguyen told Eyewitness News he has a "funny gut feeling" the Raiders are coming to San Antonio because of everything that's unfolded so far. Sawaya said the results of the survey won't be available until November at the earliest.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, the first NFL stadium built of adobe. Fermented cactus juice and campfire roasted buzzard on a stick.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think San Antonio would fully support an NFL team. They would certainly have a more enthused crowd than Dallas. I would like to see the Raiders move to San Antonio. You already have the Santa Clara niners in the Bay Area.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good gawd, I hope not!

Report: Raiders could move to San Antonio | ProFootballTalk
I think Jerry Jones will use everything in his power to block this if it were true.

That's a Cowboy market and JJ will not take kindly to someone trying to nudge their way into his market.

Nothing will change...TX is a Cowboy market pretty much everywhere but HOU...if the Raiders did move to SA...I wouldn't be surprised if JJ allowed it under the premise that it would be a dual TV market...meaning every DAL game is still on TV.