• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

San Antonio Raiders?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good gawd, I hope not!

Report: Raiders could move to San Antonio | ProFootballTalk
Report: Raiders could move to San Antonio

Posted by Mike Florio on July 29, 2014, 6:03 PM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwjmmzk3n2flnzvmymixngqwm2vmntq2ndq2otlizjzi-e1400669961167.jpeg
APRaiders owner Mark Davis doesn’t make threats. He makes plans.
With the Raiders on a one-year lease at O.co Coliseum and with the A’s possibly getting a 10-year lease that would complicate efforts to tear the Cow (Pie) Palace down and build a new venue on the same site, Davis is exploring options in a state that already has a pair of NFL teams.
According to the San Antonio Express-News, Davis and a pair of “top lieutenants” recently met with San Antonio officials to talk about a move of the Raiders.
Per the report, the meeting began on July 18, with Davis and company touring the Alamodome and other locations during a two-to-three day visit.
If a move happens, the Alamodome likely would be the temporary home until a new stadium is built.
“We don’t have any information about it, so there is no reason for us to comment,” NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told the Express-News on Tuesday. “We have received no applications from any of our teams to relocate at this point, so there is nothing for us to respond to.”
The window for filing an application to relocate opens after the season, and it’s possible that Davis will make an application to move somewhere/anywhere absent a tangible plan to build a new home for the Raiders in the Bay Area.
I think Jerry Jones will use everything in his power to block this if it were true.

That's a Cowboy market and JJ will not take kindly to someone trying to nudge their way into his market.

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is just the Raiders bluffing in order to force Oakland's hand.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just the Raiders bluffing in order to force Oakland's hand.

Normally... I would agree.

But San Antonio has been insistent for the last several years that they will not entertain the possibility of any team moving there unless it was an absolutely serious discussion.

I don't think they're bluffing. They want out of Oakland.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it the Raiders are looking for a home again? I thought Raiders fans were so loyal. Do they just bumpt heir gums and not show up for games? I've also been saying for years that the Jags should move to San Antonio. They certainly need to get out of Jax

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it the Raiders are looking for a home again? I thought Raiders fans were so loyal. Do they just bumpt heir gums and not show up for games? I've also been saying for years that the Jags should move to San Antonio. They certainly need to get out of Jax

Nothing to do with the fans in Oakland. The stadium is a dump.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Last edited by a moderator: