• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam's Super Swell 2013 QB Rankings

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rank Players
1 Drew Brees, NO (7) Brees will squeak out #1 spot this year. Again.

2 Aaron Rodgers, GB (4) No Greg Jennings? No problem. He didn't have him for most of last year anyway and Jordy couldn't stay healthy either. Rodgers will make a push at the #1 spot.

3 Peyton Manning, Den (9) DThomas and Eric Decker were his main targets last year but then the Broncos go out and sign Welker?

4 Colin Kaepernick, SF (9) This kid has it all. Key will be can he continue to elude the big hits and how much will VD and Boldin step up whill Crabby is out.

5 Robert Griffin, Was (5) Easily a top 5 choice when healthy. The key word is healthy.

6 Tom Brady, NE (10) Brady lost a lot this offseason and I originally had him lower. The I came to my senses as Brady will find a way as always.

7 Matt Ryan, Atl (6) Has the best WR duo in the NFL. Oh yeah, and that Tony Gonzales guy too.

8 Matthew Stafford, Det (9) Look for Stafford to bounce back this year.

9 Tony Romo, Dal (11) Every year this guy takes a lot of slack yet he still produces. If Dez can build on last year this could be a lethal duo.

10 Cam Newton, Car (4) Slipped a little last year. He will have a couple of monster games but will have a few duds too.

11 Eli Manning, NYG (9) After last year's disappointment I see a big bounce back for Eli. Cruz ready to sign and Nicks healthy should mean success.

12 Andrew Luck, Ind (8) Has all the tools to get it done. Could easily move into the top 10 or better. Me. I like him right here.

13 Russell Wilson, Sea (12) I want to move him up, I really do. Even with the addition of Percy Harvin I think Wilson ends up right here.

14 Ben Roethlisberger, Pit (5) Lost Wallace but should get Miller back in time. Let's just see how good he can make Brown and Saunders this year.

15 Michael Vick, Phi (12) Some will say this is too high; still has 2 potenential Stud receivers and in this new offense I can see him thriving.

16 Andy Dalton, Cin (12) Has one of the top 5 WR's in the game so why so low? Besides Green there isn't a whole lot there........

17 Jay Cutler, Chi (8) With Marshall as his #1 and Jeffery healthy this could end up as one of Cutler's best years.

18 Joe Flacco, Bal (8) Has improved as an NFL QB every year and had a great run last year. As a fantasy QB, he's a #2.

19 Philip Rivers, SD (8) Phillip Rivers at 19? Just goes to show how deep this position is this year.

20 Carson Palmer, Ari (9) Could really suprise this year with Fitz as his main target.

21 Sam Bradford, StL (11) Is this his last chance? The addition of Austin and Cook/subtaction of SJax could bolt him into the top 15 but again, I want to see it.

22 Ryan Tannehill, Mia (6) Right now I have him ranked lower than most but I want to see it first with this kid. Wallace will help though.

23 Matt Schaub, Hou (8) T He will have some monster games like last year but look for the bad to out weigh the good.

24 Alex Smith, KC (10) Was having a great season last year until he was Kapped. Let's see how he does with Bowe and Co.

25 Josh Freeman, TB (5) See Matt Schaub.

Have at it guys...........:suds:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just reread and I actually have a comment that has VD and Crabby in the same sentence.........and not even referring to crack ho's..........lets see one of you guys do that.

Ilovemesomeme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad list, but I'd have Kaepernick somewhere 10-15 range.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad list, but I'd have Kaepernick somewhere 10-15 range.
IMO he and Veron Davis get on the same page this year and Davis steps in for Crabtree. Boldin will help keeps drives alive and we all know how good he is running the ball. A little work on the accuracy piece and I think he will be close to elite. With that said he must continue to not take the big hits like Cam and Vick..........................

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there's the Kap/Wilson debate, which I won't rehash... and RGIII won't stay healthy (of course I said that last year and he started enough to be a FF powerhouse).

Oh, and Vick can fall apart nine ways from Sunday (most significantly that he's not their QB of the future)... I'm starting to think it was a mistake for me to even include him at #24. But maybe by Week 4 he'll be traded to the Raiders?

And Kap still has VD, but he's not going to have Crabs until about Week 12 if at all. I bet he's worried about his performance and how he may affect his receivers, and maybe he won't really feel the itch until late in the season if at all.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Kap still has VD, but he's not going to have Crabs until about Week 12 if at all. I bet he's worried about his performance and how he may affect his receivers, and maybe he won't really feel the itch until late in the season if at all.
Damn, I started out making my QB rankings and ended up with a Cruex commercial............and then you throw a "bone" in there for Extenze............

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staff and Romo, both in the top ten blew my mind. So did the fact I couldn't quickly come up with a way to reference an STD. Carson Palmer in the top 30 seems a bit risky. Unless backups are exempt?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO he and Veron Davis get on the same page this year and Davis steps in for Crabtree. Boldin will help keeps drives alive and we all know how good he is running the ball. A little work on the accuracy piece and I think he will be close to elite.

I'd forgotten about that. If VD is catching and Kap gets the runs, there will be plenty of offensive plays. Even more offensive if Kap starts throwing it up.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staff and Romo, both in the top ten blew my mind. So did the fact I couldn't quickly come up with a way to reference an STD. Carson Palmer in the top 30 seems a bit risky. Unless backups are exempt?
They both threw for 5K, TD/INT Romo 28/19 Staff 20/17 but ran for 4. Not sure of the exact number (I think I read 8) of times Lion's receivers were stopped at the one but that's basically 8 yards from 28/17 if they were to get in (I know it's a big if). The addition of Bush (who I am not that big on) out of the backfield should help Staff too so I have to say top 10 is not too far out of reach. As far as Palmer, there was a 9 week stretch there where he was pretty damn good and with Fitz he could be a more that seviceable #2. That's the cool thing about this year IMO, you can wait on a QB and do fairly well. Good luck Bronco.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd switch Rothlisberger and Rivers.....Benny is ready to take the field with a walker if he has anymore injuries or surgeries.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit critical of Staff, as I have to watch his sidearm bullshit 16 games a year. So I'll just be happy you have him ahead of Romo. Why the low ranking for Golden Boy Joe Flacco?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit critical of Staff, as I have to watch his sidearm bullshit 16 games a year. So I'll just be happy you have him ahead of Romo. Why the low ranking for Golden Boy Joe Flacco?

Smittay ...when it comes to fantasy rankings, you have to put stats at the forefront. Ray takes a lot from Flacco. IMO he is a game manager anyway.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Kap still has VD, but he's not going to have Crabs until about Week 12 if at all.

Even if Crabs comes back in week 12, what insane fantasy owner starts him? Depending on your league's format, you're either trying to secure a playoff spot, or you're about to start the playoffs. What crazy Al Davis wannabe is gonna insert Crabby who hasn't played all season into his lineup? They'd just be begging for a loss.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Crabs comes back in week 12, what insane fantasy owner starts him? Depending on your league's format, you're either trying to secure a playoff spot, or you're about to start the playoffs. What crazy Al Davis wannabe is gonna insert Crabby who hasn't played all season into his lineup? They'd just be begging for a loss.

a desperate team, riddled with injuries, who has been juggling Devon Bess and Brian Quick as thier WR3..Crabby would be damned tempting

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smittay ...when it comes to fantasy rankings, you have to put stats at the forefront. Ray takes a lot from Flacco. IMO he is a game manager anyway.

He's no Manning/Rodgers/Brees..ect,, but he's better than a game manager. In my mind, the lower ranking for Flacco is more a result of Boldin leaving town than it is a knock on Flacco. Sure Smith should be a fine #1, but Jacoby Jones is simply a burner..there's no Boldin-esque replacement, and that's a big problem in sustaining drives. have to hope Pitta continues to improve

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a desperate team, riddled with injuries, who has been juggling Devon Bess and Brian Quick as thier WR3..Crabby would be damned tempting
Thing about that is are you really gonna draft him and keep that roster spot until week 12? I bet Crabby gets picked up and dropped more than a Vegas hooker next year; reports will be lik Crabby back in week 7 then 2 days later it will be Crabby had a setback. Damn, I really wish I could remember this guys name but about 8-10 years ago there was a receiver (I wanna say he was the #2 to Jimmy Smith) that was signed by the Chargers (might have been McCardell). Anyway, I ended up the "lucky" guy that grabbed him off the wire and he got hurt again and he pretty much retired. Anyway, I can see where Crabby could be that guy to give you that boost at the end but I think you will either have to get lucky or hold him all year.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the low ranking for Golden Boy Joe Flacco?
Hey, Flacco has been the one guy I thought would be a top 10 guy by now. Maybe on another pass happier team he would be but his numbers over the past 3 years (38K, 22/10; 36K 20/12; 36K 25/10) are pretty similar. He could slide up into the top 12-15 but I like him right there. BTW, I drafted him as my QB#2 in the Suicide League so I would love to see him move up the list, especially since he may be seeing a lot of time with RGIII being my #1 and all.............here's to a healthy RGIII:hope: