• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans. An important question related to them...if you can.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you guys 2 questions here if I may?

First, Who would you rather have out of Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans with them currently on the teams that drafted them?

Ok, then the second question, let's pretend for a second that Mike Evans somehow fell to the Lions and they drafted him. Would you still pick the same wr you chose in question one or would change things?

Thanks bros,

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins on current teams, Evans on Lions. Evans I think is the more dominant WR but needs a QB

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point watkins for both.... I like number ones more than number 2s... especially if the 2 players are on the same boat... I dont think buffalo is a terrible place for a receiver!!!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big Watkins in Buffalo supporter, but I also don't think Mike Evans turns into a whole lot either. I envision Mile Evans like this; best case scenario he had a Keyshawn Johnson type career, decent enough for a middle of the road WR2. Worst case, he's just another big Mile Williams (who, incidentally, played for the Lions). Watkins however, could be something special, or could be yet another gut who was supposed to be special and ended up flaming out. I'll take the higher ceiling guy.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big Watkins in Buffalo supporter, but I also don't think Mike Evans turns into a whole lot either. I envision Mile Evans like this; best case scenario he had a Keyshawn Johnson type career, decent enough for a middle of the road WR2. Worst case, he's just another big Mile Williams (who, incidentally, played for the Lions). Watkins however, could be something special, or could be yet another gut who was supposed to be special and ended up flaming out. I'll take the higher ceiling guy.

Evans is in TPA. I think Evans has the higher ceiling.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Watkins. He will be the number 1 and Jackson has an easier schedule than he did last year and teams like the saints are not going to let him and Evans score at will, they have an answer for both. Unless the bucs plan to have an unpredictable passing game against some easy pass defenses. And I don't think one good half a year by McCown against subpar pass defenses erases the bad years he had. He played in Trestman's system and Lovie was fired because they wanted the bears to play offense better. Clemson players haven't exactly been busts in recent memory. I just don't get the hate on Watkins when Dez Bryant could catch passes from Kitna and Megatron from Hill. Receivers are making passing stats look better these days. Watkins does not have to face the NFC West or AFC North.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins in both cases if they use him correctly. At Clemson they did a lot of wide receiver screens and ran some wildcat with him just to get the ball into his hands. If Buffalo uses him in the same way then he will be the better player. I think Evans will catch more touchdowns because of his height, but Watkins should have a lot more catches and yards.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans is in TPA. I think Evans has the higher ceiling.

Yes I'm well aware. . The original post mentioned the hypothetical "what if he was in Detroit"

Big reciever lacking breakaway speed? Not likely he had the higher ceiling, but stranger things have happened

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys for all the help. Treff thanks for mentioning that, that is really what I am trying to find out. If he went to Detroit would he be considered more valuable than Watkins?

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Watkins has the higher ceiling. For me the supporting cast would be the deciding factor in anything other than a dynasty league and considering that TBs OL is significantly better than Buffalo's, imo, and I believe McCown should put up better #s than Manual I would have to go with Evans in a non-Dynasty league.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Watkins more because he's a number 1 wr and I think ej will have a better season than McCown. Evans has to compete for targets with Jackson in an offense that will probably be pretty bad. Watkins doesn't have anyone that will compete with him for targets like Jackson.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans this season, Watkins better career; McCown will need to throw to someone and Evans will be the #2 receiver in Tampa; he's big and from what he's been saying he realizes what he needs to do; Watkins reminds me of Austin last year, a lot of hype who I think both will have a good career but my money's on Evans this season