• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Same Old Swisher, Rays Move On To ALDS

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't lose the game but he sure didn't help, good ol rally killer.

Sox will face one tough pitching staff but they should handle them.

Sox in 4

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4 remaining franchises in the National League playoffs have played a combined 532 years; including 91 playoff appearances, 70 pennants, 25 World Championships, and 41 Hall of Famers.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one game wild card series are an abomination... the indians deserved more as did the braves last year. Started a thread about this in the main thread and someone suggested 3 games in one city. works for me. now how do we get selig out before his retirement?

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one game wild card series are an abomination... the indians deserved more as did the braves last year. Started a thread about this in the main thread and someone suggested 3 games in one city. works for me. now how do we get selig out before his retirement?

I agree, 162 games and you get one shot?

It's great in football but Baseball...not so much.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have to make it more difficult for the wild card teams. I also don't think you can have a 3 game playoff, because that just drags out the post-season longer than it already is, and the division winners are standing around for a week without playing meaningful ball.

I thought the Tampa/Cleveland game should have been Tuesday, with the ALDS starting last night.

The way it stands now, Tampa gets to throw Matt Moore in game 1 and David Price in game 2. There is no advantage to the Sox being the division winner, which is what the new wild card process was intended to do.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that Delmon Young sucks ass for 162 games in the regular season and becomes Hank Aaron in the post-season?

If the Sox throw this guy a first pitch fastball, they are nuts. He is looking dead red as soon as he steps in the box.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that Delmon Young sucks ass for 162 games in the regular season and becomes Hank Aaron in the post-season?

he was just tested 2 weeks ago so he's on the juice now

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this 0-4 game was better than the snoozer on tuesday

why does the national league have to suck so bad?

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope capto is ok this morning. the cleveland fans screamed their asses off to no avail.

half the city must be on suicide watch

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to make it more difficult for the wild card teams. I also don't think you can have a 3 game playoff, because that just drags out the post-season longer than it already is, and the division winners are standing around for a week without playing meaningful ball.

I thought the Tampa/Cleveland game should have been Tuesday, with the ALDS starting last night.

The way it stands now, Tampa gets to throw Matt Moore in game 1 and David Price in game 2. There is no advantage to the Sox being the division winner, which is what the new wild card process was intended to do.

shorten the season. you cant realistically keep adding more playoff teams and expect the post season to get shorter. Hell even ws games used to be played during the day. make a 3 game wildcard series with games 2-3 a DH.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this 0-4 game was better than the snoozer on tuesday

why does the national league have to suck so bad?

Who was the last AL team to win the WS?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shorten the season. you cant realistically keep adding more playoff teams and expect the post season to get shorter. Hell even ws games used to be played during the day. make a 3 game wildcard series with games 2-3 a DH.

The teams/owners won't go for a shorter regular season. That means less money from the gate and the overpriced, light, american-style lager beer sales.

So now I put my full weight behind the...Tampa Bay....Rays?

Thank heaven for football. Once again, October sucks.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would go along with that. I didn't say the post-season should be shorter. I just said that if you add a 3 game wild card playoff, the post-season will just get longer. As it stands now, the series' should start sooner, and there should only be days off for travel for the DS, LCS, and WS games.

We will never see a drop from the 162 game season, because owners (and players) don't want to have 4 fewer days home dates of revenue.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitching great Pedro Martinez has a success story to share - his own.
The three-time Cy Young Award winner has a book deal with Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. The publisher announced Wednesday that ''Pedro'' will be published next year. It will be co-written by the Boston Herald's Michael Silverman.
Known for his slight physique and wide range of effective pitches, Martinez starred for the Montreal Expos, Boston Red Sox and New York Mets among other teams and won more than 200 games during an 18-year career in the major leagues that ended in 2009.
According to Houghton Mifflin, Martinez will tell ''lively, raw stories'' about the highs and lows of his time in baseball.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope capto is ok this morning. the cleveland fans screamed their asses off to no avail.

half the city must be on suicide watch

Its a downer for sure, but that old problem of not scoring with RISP came back to bite em in the ass. Watched local coverage after - it was like somebodys beloved granny had just died

Bosox my team now going forward :yahoo:

probably busy catching up on the first place browns...

Hoyer the Destroyer & Jordan Cameron taking us to the SB baybeeee :whistle:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard that, as a part of the recent Govt shutdown, that the Armed Forces Network has stopped showing both baseball and football games to the troops.

Great idea U.S.A. Get the guys we have fighting for us ready and willing to fight us, over taking away a vital liberty.

Sad, sad, sad...