• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam Howell

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The is no question who the better QB is, none! Give Howell a competent OLine and a REAL game plan that incorporates an effective run game, Howell will be a Pro Bowler as soon as that happens.

I hope you meant defense instead of run game.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you meant defense instead of run game.
Focused on offense for Sam in my post however, he could use a competent defense as well. Clearly a chit show on both sides of the ball this year. It was/is time for change no doubt.
Moving forward should be an exciting time for this 2 decades long punished fan base.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Howell has shown enough to be a guy you can definitely build around. He's shown smarts, arm strength, movement, and some savvy. And he's has to do it all behind a bad Oline. Even though I'm a Howell fan, I don't see him making the pro bowl this season. Rather than QB, I think the Skins are better off building the Oline, drafting a TE, and getting some help on defense.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Howell has shown enough to be a guy you can definitely build around. He's shown smarts, arm strength, movement, and some savvy. And he's has to do it all behind a bad Oline. Even though I'm a Howell fan, I don't see him making the pro bowl this season. Rather than QB, I think the Skins are better off building the Oline, drafting a TE, and getting some help on defense.
Could you give us Adam peters number and email address please?

Asking for a friend.

Oh, when you run into peters, can you ask him to update his resume?

Thanks a bunch!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The is no question who the better QB is, none! Give Howell a competent OLine and a REAL game plan that incorporates an effective run game, Howell will be a Pro Bowler as soon as that happens.
Seriously, good for Howell, but the focus must go from Howell and future Pro-Bowls to getting to and winning Super-Bowls.
To that end the questions about his future is crystal clear and it's simply, knowing the difference between whether the team can get there WITH him or BECAUSE of him.

If you're in the camp that believes a strong team around him gets you to championships (With him like Theeseman, Rypien) then he is your guy.

However...

If you're in the camp that believes that they cannot get there BECAUSE of him (Mahomes, Burrows, Stroud) then he isn’t "that guy" and you figure out ways to upgrade and move on by using him as an future/trade asset.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, good for Howell, but the focus must go from Howell and future Pro-Bowls to getting to and winning Super-Bowls.
To that end the questions about his future is crystal clear and it's simply, knowing the difference between whether the team can get there WITH him or BECAUSE of him.

If you're in the camp that believes a strong team around him gets you to championships (With him like Theeseman, Rypien) then he is your guy.

However...

If you're in the camp that believes that they cannot get there BECAUSE of him (Mahomes, Burrows, Stroud) then he isn’t "that guy" and you figure out ways to upgrade and move on by using him as an future/trade asset.
i think its too early to think what type howell is . his numbers are right there with the best at this stage in their careers . . lets be clear howell is the offense right now with an assist from brob

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think its too early to think what type howell is . his numbers are right there with the best at this stage in their careers . . lets be clear howell is the offense right now with an assist from brob
That's fine, people will judge him as they use their own filters to do so. People in general are different types, QBs are generally limited to only a few different types. If you think that it's too early to see what type he is... great!! Others, like myself are more in line with that old Mya Angelo's admonition.... "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them!"

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be honest...the draft will be the most important draft in years in my opinion.

I do not envy the new GM.

They will be judged from the start on how they address the qb position. I am not saying the GM will be a bust if they do or do not get this right, but they will be tied to the position they take.

Is Sam howell the franchise qb and can he get this team a championship?

If yes, draft OLine and provide him all the weapons he needs to succeed.

If no, you have to draft the best qb on the board with our 1st rounder.

Again, I am sure there will be lots of sleepless nights in making that decision.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, people will judge him as they use their own filters to do so. People in general are different types, QBs are generally limited to only a few different types. If you think that it's too early to see what type he is... great!! Others, like myself are more in line with that old Mya Angelo's admonition.... "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them!"
If that’s the case then he is the franchise QB

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mya Angelo must have been wrong about Kirk Cousins ..... and Griffin, and Haskins. :noidea:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I am not interested in drafting any of the qbs available in round 1 and certainly not top ten . I don’t think any of them are any better then what we have

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one in the PAC 10 game changed my mind.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I am not interested in drafting any of the qbs available in round 1 and certainly not top ten . I don’t think any of them are any better then what we have
????

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perplexed Sty ?
Yeah, perplexed sums it up pretty well!

On one hand you define franchise as..." The guy who can take us to a Super Bowl and have a chance to win it year in and year out."

IMO that's not Howell but he can be the QB on a team built to win it likely once, not the other way around. However, mox nix (it doesn't matter) my perspective and focus on what's meant by your perspective... "Let's see what we have with him for the rest of the season." Or as others are saying (not sure if you're in this camp) "What we have with an improved OL."

Either of those positions questions your definition of franchise.In fact, they aren't congruent with that definition.

This is capped off with a zero commitment to making every attempt, to, at long last, take any and all of the necessary steps to finally have an answer at QB. Just a commitment to "see what we have."

(I'll post something else addressing the "see what we have" perspective.)