• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Salt in the wound... Slumping Rangers face streaking Asstros at the Grill - 5/21-23

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers are 1-9 in the last 10, Asstros are 8-2. Last place vs. first place. Rangers currently working on a 22 inning scoreless streak.

Tonight's contest should favor the Rangers, as we have Gibson tossing against someone making their MLB debut. Saturday and Sunday feature Lyles and Folty; Lyles has strung together some decent performances lately, and Folty is pretty much garbage at the moment.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers are 1-9 in the last 10, Asstros are 8-2. Last place vs. first place. Rangers currently working on a 22 inning scoreless streak.

Tonight's contest should favor the Rangers, as we have Gibson tossing against someone making their MLB debut. Saturday and Sunday feature Lyles and Folty; Lyles has strung together some decent performances lately, and Folty is pretty much garbage at the moment.
Pretty good summation I would say.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole Winn made the top 10 prospect performances from MLB Pipeline for yesterday's performance. Here is what they had to say about him.

Rangers: Cole Winn, RHP (No. 3), Double-A Frisco
Winn was a hard-luck loser Thursday night, despite allowing one run over six innings. The 21-year-old allowed three hits and a walk, struck out five and lowered his ERA to 2.87 through his first three starts. The lone blemish against him came in the opening frame during a two-batter sequence when he hit a batter and surrendered an RBI double. Winn struck out the side in the second and allowed three baserunners over his final five frames. He departed the game having thrown 56 of 79 pitches for strikes. Rangers prospects stats »

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this makes any difference, but the Yankees have the most wins in baseball since April 19th and haven't lost any of their past 8 series. We caught them at a time when they were hot.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've accumulated a decent amount of Ranges autographs over the past several years, and I have to say, Moore was probably the most personable player I've interacted with. Always pulled for him to have success.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to find anything in your assessment to argue with

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I reached out to the beat writer for the Crawdads, and he doesn't have any updates on the extent of Chris Seise's knee injury.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the shoe was on the other foot and the Rangers were winning and had a need for a RF, and another team had Gallo, performing exactly as he has here, what in our organization would you be willing to part with to get him?

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the shoe was on the other foot and the Rangers were winning and had a need for a RF, and another team had Gallo, performing exactly as he has here, what in our organization would you be willing to part with to get him?

Crawler and a couple of beers.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In all seriousness, I can't say that I would want the Rangers to give up much for Gallo. I'm not sure I would think Gallo was the (or a) missing piece. And I feel we're not going to get much back for him, even in the best case scenario.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, I can't say that I would want the Rangers to give up much for Gallo. I'm not sure I would think Gallo was the (or a) missing piece. And I feel we're not going to get much back for him, even in the best case scenario.
At the present,why would we. Other than a good RF he doesn't bring much to the party.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the present,why would we. Other than a good RF he doesn't bring much to the party.
That is why I don't expect him to be traded this season. Other teams will feel the same way.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with injuries mounting, you never know what could happen.
Like you said, "'I'm not sure I would think Gallo was the (or a) missing piece." At his present level of play who would think that.

Now, if this was a year from now, they might do it just to get anything for him. I think at his current value, the FO will hope he does better later to increase that value, even if it is only a small increase. If that doesn't happen they would not have lost anything.

If he was blocking someone like Odor was, then they would just dump him for anything as soon as possible. That isn't the case though.

I think, outside of him hitting very well for the next two months, that he will be here until at least the end of the season and maybe even 14 more months.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you said, "'I'm not sure I would think Gallo was the (or a) missing piece." At his present level of play who would think that.

Now, if this was a year from now, they might do it just to get anything for him. I think at his current value, the FO will hope he does better later to increase that value, even if it is only a small increase. If that doesn't happen they would not have lost anything.

If he was blocking someone like Odor was, then they would just dump him for anything as soon as possible. That isn't the case though.

I think, outside of him hitting very well for the next two months, that he will be here until at least the end of the season and maybe even 14 more months.

True, in a best case scenario, Gallo wouldn't be the ideal piece to add. But checking the news today, there were a few teams that put OFs on the IL, which has been a recurring theme this year. It might get to a point where a team in contention (or on the cusp) might need someone like Gallo just to keep things rolling.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, in a best case scenario, Gallo wouldn't be the ideal piece to add. But checking the news today, there were a few teams that put OFs on the IL, which has been a recurring theme this year. It might get to a point where a team in contention (or on the cusp) might need someone like Gallo just to keep things rolling.
Okay then, with my original question in mind, if the Rangers were in that position that you just described, what would you give for him to bring him here? Would you give up a prospect in the 15th to 20th best prospect range? Maybe 20th to 25th range? Or less?

Last edited: