• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Saints @ Seahawks

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see much difference between the 5th and 6th seed for us. Either way it means our 1st game would be against either the NFC East leader or the NFC North leader. Both are very winnable games.

while i agree, the first rd matchup, I'd like our chances( for preference, East over North for my liking)

its the divisional rd, seattle or NO... well NO atm, it could be Carolina....

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa....let's rein it in just a tiny bit there, big fella. First off, this is his fourth year with the team. I would expect you to know that given his ignominious departure from USC. He inherited a 5-11 team with the best homefield advantage in sports. He proceeded to go 7-9 two years in a row before basically lucking into Wilson. Harbaugh has done far more in a shorter period of time - not that I'm contending he's necessarily the better coach. Carroll has done an exceptional job with the Hawks' D. I don't think he's in serious discussion for the best coach in the league, though.

I meant to say "look what he has done in the last two years". Took a doormat team to now be the best in the league. To say he "lucked" into Wilson is ridiculous.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woo Hoo. Touchdown.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll has helped in assembling a really good team, but would you really put him over Harbaugh as a coach? I wouldn't, not even now.

Yes. Harbaugh has done very well though.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3) SF playing in NO vs. NO playing in SEA.

I'm not sure Carroll deserves any credit whatsoever for the Hawks' offense.

LOL! Their relentless attacking offense has "Pete Carroll" written all over it.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger question is if both wild card teams win - very realistic this year - who has to go into Seattle? I'd like to avoid that as long as possible.

I hear ya. I just think it's inevitable for us to go to Seattle with them if we make a serious push in the playoffs. I'm thinking we're going to need to get hot going into the playoffs, so far we're picking up some steam, and we're eventually going to need to overcome that big hurdle. If we can't handle that, then we don't deserve it. I'd rather face that challenge head on, but that's just me.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby, we get it. You think Seattle is a really good team, and they are.

But do you really need to:fap: about them every chance you get?

Isn't this the Seattle-New Orleans game thread?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I meant to say "look what he has done in the last two years". Took a doormat team to now be the best in the league. To say he "lucked" into Wilson is ridiculous.

1) They were not a "doormat team" when he got them.

2) He had them for two years with minimal improvement.

3) They took Wilson in the 3rd. They didn't trade up for him. If they had any inkling he was going to be what he is, they would have taken him in the first. Not to mention that Pete doesn't make draft decisions. Credit them for picking him up, but yes, they are lucky he's turned out to be as good as he has.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sort of prize do we all get if the Saints come back and TT has to eat all his words about Carroll.

A week without me telling you how good Carroll is.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh did the same thing no???

Yep. He's done an excellent job. But I'm not gonna say he "lucked" into Kaepernick like Crimson did about Carroll and Wilson.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) They were not a "doormat team" when he got them.2) He had them for two years with minimal improvement.

3) They took Wilson in the 3rd. They didn't trade up for him. If they had any inkling he was going to be what he is, they would have taken him in the first. Not to mention that Pete doesn't make draft decisions. Credit them for picking him up, but yes, they are lucky he's turned out to be as good as he has.

They were 5 and 11 without a prayer of getting better. C'mon now, give the man his due. It was Carroll's brilliance that got Wilson in the third.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One old man to another, do I also get to relentlessly mock you the next week as well for your girl crush on Carroll?

You do. But you can do that all year if you want. You can see the greatness on this team as well as I can. Much as we hate it, its there.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Saints are a trainwreck. What the hell kind of a call was that?