• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saints release Jason Smith OT

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? becasue he was a first round pick???? Those 2 have actually you know....been decent players in their careers....Sure they arent as good as they were when younger...but they were better then him at 1 point in their career.....

He has DONE NOTHING his ENTIRE career......

No thanks!!!!

I will simply remind you that Carriker was considered a bust before coming here. He is young, would come on the cheap, and if it worked out could solidify the position for the next 5-7 years. If it doesnt work.. no harm no foul.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could see this guy was a bust from day 1. Spread offense LT's from the Big 12 don't make in the NFL. Okung and Clady are the only ones, and both have their problems.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing I wasnt running the Lions I thought they should have taken Smith over Stafford..... I would have been run out of town.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will simply remind you that Carriker was considered a bust before coming here. He is young, would come on the cheap, and if it worked out could solidify the position for the next 5-7 years. If it doesnt work.. no harm no foul.

Carriker was in the completely wrong system for him on the Rams with a terrible HC in Linehan. He was not at all effective as a 4-3 DT.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing I wasnt running the Lions I thought they should have taken Smith over Stafford..... I would have been run out of town.

It's ok, the majority of Lions fans wanted Curry or Smith. Literally nobody wanted Stafford (I did) because "genius" Bill Parcells passed on Matt Ryan for Jake Long the year before. So of course everyone jumped on that bandwagon because it's Bill Parcell's. When the smoke cleared, that pick ultimately cost Parcells his job in Miami.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? becasue he was a first round pick???? Those 2 have actually you know....been decent players in their careers....Sure they arent as good as they were when younger...but they were better then him at 1 point in their career.....

He has DONE NOTHING his ENTIRE career......

No thanks!!!!

Well, how bad can Pashos & Trueblood be if they can't even beat out Polumbus? I say bring in Smith and let Trueblood go. Let's face it, in all likely hood, Trueblood will be cut after Saturday anyways.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carriker was in the completely wrong system for him on the Rams with a terrible HC in Linehan. He was not at all effective as a 4-3 DT.

I think Carriker's problem is that he looked like a million bucks at Nebraska playing next to a guy named Suh. Then he got to the NFL and his true colors shined through.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ok, the majority of Lions fans wanted Curry or Smith. Literally nobody wanted Stafford (I did) because "genius" Bill Parcells passed on Matt Ryan for Jake Long the year before. So of course everyone jumped on that bandwagon because it's Bill Parcell's. When the smoke cleared, that pick ultimately cost Parcells his job in Miami.

Yeah I guess I was drinking the Kool Aid I was like what are they doing you win in the Trenches get the Tackle and then get a QB later.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could see this guy was a bust from day 1. Spread offense LT's from the Big 12 don't make in the NFL. Okung and Clady are the only ones, and both have their problems.
Our boy Trent Williams is doing just fine when he puts the bong down

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's an interesting point and I tend to agree.
The A&M tackle was one year removed from the big 12. It will interesting to see if he becomes what they are saying he should be

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's an interesting point and I tend to agree.
The A&M tackle was one year removed from the big 12. It will interesting to see if he becomes what they are saying he should be

It's the same for QB's. RG3 and Tannehill are doing their best to break the streak of bust QB's from the Big 12 like Vince Young. Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford (Rams will be getting a new QB next year), Phil Sims kid, and a bunch of others. RG3 is the only Big 12 QB to ever appear in an NFL playoff game. If he stays healthy he should have no problem being the 1st one to ever make in the NFL.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our boy Trent Williams is doing just fine when he puts the bong down

Ya he is looking good you're right. Skins are breaking that Big 12 curse w TW and RG3.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok...Shark.......that was a VERY good point.....lets kick the tires.....and im betting it goes flat....He doesnt have the desire.....

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the same for QB's. RG3 and Tannehill are doing their best to break the streak of bust QB's from the Big 12 like Vince Young. Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford (Rams will be getting a new QB next year), Phil Sims kid, and a bunch of others. RG3 is the only Big 12 QB to ever appear in an NFL playoff game. If he stays healthy he should have no problem being the 1st one to ever make in the NFL.

not a fan of the Big 12 but the jury is still out on Bradford. McCoy was a college QB with poor measurable's for the pro game and Young never threw well...just hype

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, Troy Aikman played at Oklahoma before transferring to UCLA...so your first quote about RG3 & Tanny...that's out. And, Steve Grogan NE who played at Kansas State played in 4 playoff games, one of which was the Superbowl...so, that's out too.

RELOAD Rob...you're firing blanks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Sam Bradford Calvin Johnson on his roster and he'd be a pro bowler. What has Stafford proved other than the ability to throw to the best WR in the game?

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YEA!!! I got my wish...I didnt want him and now he has gone back to the JETS!!! he did nothing for them before...so they signed him back.....they are tanking the season...they want the 1st pick!!!

BlueSC_Icetea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Parcells passed on Matt Ryan for Jake Long the year before. So of course everyone jumped on that bandwagon because it's Bill Parcell's. When the smoke cleared, that pick ultimately cost Parcells his job in Miami.

I have to completely disagree. Parcell's took over a Dolphins team that was 1-15 and helped them get to 11-5 (NE Brady hurt that season) the next year with a complete overhaul of the owner, coaching staff, and personnel. When you go 1-15, you have more to worry about than Ryan vs Long. Not to mention, Long has been a stable LT ever since he came into the NFL. Just like any QB, Ryan had growing pains and really until 2011, hadn't made that step. Not to mention Atl has and had much better talent than Mia did. Granted their QB situation would have been much better now, but I don't think Ryan would have turned out anything like he is today if he was associated with those Mia teams of old.

IMO, what really hurt them was all the new back office faces trying to come into agreement with everything. You can argue Parcell's way of doing things is outdated and old, but it's worked everywhere he went. Not to mention he's the main reason the Patriot's are still in NE and not St. Louis. Since that 11-5 season, the last time Mia has won more than 7 games was somewhere around 2001, not very good. I just can't blame one person for Mia's struggles that have been apparent for quite awhile. He just seems like the easy scapegoat.