• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saints game notes

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hunter, Williams sustain injuries

Hunter had a left ankle sprain, and was seen on crutches and wearing an orthopedic boot. Williams and Hunter are expected to undergo MRI examinations on Monday.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are to brees what the pats are to manning, peyton that is.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Monday Morning Mailbag: Depth is tested

James has been working on catching punts, but Harbaugh did not sound Friday as if he believes James is ready to perform that duty in games. It seems unlikely that James will have much of a role, even with the injuries.

This is what I was talking about when I got so angry during the game with the talk about cutting Ginn specifically for James. Not for Cox or somebody else, but for James specifically, and only talking about STs either. Obviously James could prove eventually that he has more value than Ginn offensively and that would be something to factor in eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Colin Kaepernick becomes latest QB to rise under Jim Harbaugh - NFL.com

One rival executive who has been around Harbaugh texted on Sunday night to say that the Niners leader has a "very special instinct" for creating the right environment for a player at the position and "a real good feel for what each quarterback can do, and (an ability to) game plan around that."

----------

"Harbaugh does a great job of protecting his quarterback with scheme," Saints safety Malcolm Jenkins told me. "They run the ball well, which takes the pressure off the passing game. And then they dress up the passes to look like runs, so he has simple reads and he doesn't have to go from one side of the field to the other."

Jenkins continued to say that it's done through "different formations and runs. They're usually in 22 personnel, with one receiver. So those things are staying the same. The good thing about that for their quarterbacks, especially for Kaepernick, is that slows the defense down. We have to prepare for all that stuff. We're thinking, 'Run, run, run,' and then the passes they do set up are level passes, move the pocket, easy reads; it takes all the pressure off the quarterback."

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're thinking, 'Run, run, run,' and then the passes they do set up are level passes, move the pocket, easy reads; it takes all the pressure off the quarterback."

that's funny cause even i know most of those formations are pass.....