• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saints game notes

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
but what if one of your players 'spill the beans'? :-)

nah, in the end it is who executes best in the game. pass rush, pass rush, pass rush!

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it's not going to surprise me to wake up Sunday morning to see Alex Smith to start on the ESPN front page. They said all last week Alex was starting and then last minute went to Kaep. This week so far seems so similar to last week with the coaches saying no decision has been made, but all signs are pointing to Kaep.

I don't know if I should believe those signs or think we're trying to play the media to confuse the Saints. It sounds like we might not really know who is starting until after the opening kickoff. Unless Alex does not get final clearance of course.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it's not going to surprise me to wake up Sunday morning to see Alex Smith to start on the ESPN front page. They said all last week Alex was starting and then last minute went to Kaep. This week so far seems so similar to last week with the coaches saying no decision has been made, but all signs are pointing to Kaep.

I don't know if I should believe those signs or think we're trying to play the media to confuse the Saints. It sounds like we might not really know who is starting until after the opening kickoff. Unless Alex does not get final clearance of course.

I would agree with this, but only if we assume that Smith had small symptoms throughout the week but was cleared to practice. If he truly was free of symptoms until the weekend, then this would be just a coincidence. They could have had Smith out there while the media was allowed and then switch to Kaep when they left, but I doubt it. This week though it could be the opposite - maybe they told Whitner that Kaep was starting just to further confuse. ;)

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers vs. New Orleans Saints - Recap - November 25, 2012 - ESPN

Drew Brees finished the day 2-of-9 for 76 yards and an interception on throws deeper than 10 yards downfield, his worst completion percentage on those throws in the Total QBR era (start of 2008). Sunday was the first time this season Brees had more overthrown passes (three) than completions (two) on those throws.

Only Aaron Rodgers has posted a higher Total QBR through his 1st 2 NFL starts than Colin Kaepernick over the last 5 seasons.

Sunday marked the first time that the 49ers had a pair of interceptions returned for touchdowns in the same game since 1995 Week 8 against the Rams, when Ken Norton Jr. had a pair of INT returned for TD for them.

Marques Colston: 10-yard TD reception in 2nd quarter is his 56th career TD, passing Deuce McAllister for most in Saints history.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kaepernick, defense lead 49ers to 31-21 win over Saints

Harbaugh claimed the only reason Smith did not start Sunday was because his concussion symptoms remained and he did not want to rush him back into action. He said Smith would have started if it weren't for the injury he sustained Nov. 11 against the St. Louis Rams.

"He eventually got cleared," Harbaugh said. "The thought was to rotate him back into the action, but not all the way to the front line. Give him a chance to get cleared up."

Last edited by a moderator: