• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sagarin Rankings(Part of BCS)

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are the same thing. It's a chess ranking program that doesn't take margin of victory into account.

The PURE_ELO rankings are in green.

Those rankings you posted are based the RATING, the average of the ELO_SCORE and PURE POINTS (PREDICTOR).

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol never understand how anyone could possibly be in favor of these ridiculous computer pollss

Wisconsin 2 losses and lost head to head to them yet ahead of them? makes sense!

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
florida lost to miami head to head and has 3 losses and i still think florida is better than them.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do we even play the games if head to head means nothing? Ridiculous.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take head-to-head very seriously if the teams have an equal # of losses.

If there's a round robin issue like what's currently going on in the SEC East or what happened in the Big XII South a few years ago, you have to look at other factors.

SOS, or Home/Away for example.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does one distinctively rank LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, Texas A&M?

You can't not rank them. With two losses they are all better than any one loss B-one-G team.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't not rank them. With two losses they are all better than any one loss B-one-G team.

By that logic we may as well not play the game. By that logic we should just rank based on rosters only. By that logic the Lakers should have won the NBA Championship.... Oh, that's right... They didn't because they played for it.

Gotta give credit where it is due. If a team loses, they drop. Period.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By that logic we may as well not play the game. By that logic we should just rank based on rosters only. By that logic the Lakers should have won the NBA Championship.... Oh, that's right... They didn't because they played for it.

Gotta give credit where it is due. If a team loses, they drop. Period.

It's not like any of them will be challenging for the NC.

My point is how do you rank round robin losses?

LSU dropped 7
A&M dropped 7
SCar dropped 9

Florida and Georgia dropped completely out.

I stand by my statement that those 2 loss SEC teams are better than any 1 loss B-one-G team at this time.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How most peoples top25 should look based on the crying:

1-4. Alabama/Oregon/FSU/Ohio St
5-25. Empty

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

uh, auburn has 1 loss. and ole miss has 3.

auburn is 2-1 against these 3 teams with 2 of the games on the road. there is no justification for ranking aTm at or ahead of auburn. same with ole miss over auburn unless you think texas is a top 10 team or something.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5-25. Empty

missouri has looked better than ohio state so far.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
missouri has looked better than ohio state so far.

That's not how he ranks them.

He's saying that's how they should be ranked based upon peoples crying.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh, auburn has 1 loss. and ole miss has 3.

auburn is 2-1 against these 3 teams with 2 of the games on the road. there is no justification for ranking aTm at or ahead of auburn. same with ole miss over auburn unless you think texas is a top 10 team or something.

My bad on Ole Miss.

Meant S. Carolina

And stand corrected on Auburn 1 loss.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5-25. Empty

Yeah, we get it. You're on top of the mountain.

If your team didn't get the benefit of a doubt or had suffered a loss or two, you would be right down here in the mud with the rest of us peasants scrambling for the scraps.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My beef with rankings period is the fact that two teams with comparable schedules and wins/losses can differ in ranking depending on WHEN they lost.

Team A plays a slightly tougher schedule than Team B. They both finish with identical records.

Team B loses in week 3.
Team A loses in week 12.

Team B is going to be ranked higher, just because of the timing of their loss.

That isn't right.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol never understand how anyone could possibly be in favor of these ridiculous computer pollss

Wisconsin 2 losses and lost head to head to them yet ahead of them? makes sense!

That's why this whatever poll is dumb as hell. :laugh3:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we get it. You're on top of the mountain.

If your team didn't get the benefit of a doubt or had suffered a loss or two, you would be right down here in the mud with the rest of us peasants scrambling for the scraps.

Actually, you didn't even come close to getting it as it wasn't about my personal rankings. It was about the extreme and knee jerk reactions the majority of people seem to have. A team loses and suddenly they suck and shouldn't be ranked at all etc. Thus the 5-25: Empty remark.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, you didn't even come close to getting it as it wasn't about my personal rankings. It was about the extreme and knee jerk reactions the majority of people seem to have. A team loses and suddenly they suck and shouldn't be ranked at all etc. Thus the 5-25: Empty remark.

Like the Team SEC'ers trying to prop up the bevy of SEC titans that went down over the weekend? Those guise?

People have opinions. Some are founded in logic and fact, some aren't.

Crying? Why would you term it so if you weren't posturing as if you're above the fray?

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the Team SEC'ers trying to prop up the bevy of SEC titans that went down over the weekend? Those guise?

Crying? Why would you term it so if you weren't posturing as if you're above the fray?

Yeah, this smells of bullshit. "My team is on top, so that's cool. All the other teams I play against are going to get the benefit of being ranked higher than they should be, which will help my SOS, which is cool. And even if I lose I won't drop much because the team I lose to will always stay ranked higher than they should (i.e. aggies, s. carolina, lsu, auburn, etc....), which is cool.

But everyone who doesn't agree with all this is just a crybaby. Because I said so.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, like the bunch of you that doesn't understand college football enough to know that teams are going to lose all the time and that a top25 team will usually have 4 losses on the season before it's over with. All the while acting like each individual loss is some kind of big piece of evidence that some team sucks and doesn't deserve to be ranked at all regardless of what they look like in comparison.

I haven't said much of anything about teams rankings, and it's hardly just the SEC being mentioned here. I see people complaining about all different teams from Michigan, Michigan St, Wisconsin on down to ASU and so on. So yes, it's a bunch of cry.

But why would you use the term "SEC" if you were trying to posture yourself as somekind of unbiased person who uses logic? Speaking of logic, my rankings which work 100% based on that and only that has 6 ranked SEC teams.