• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban submits complaint about Ole Miss pop-pass TD

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To Summarize in 10 points or less:

1) Nick gets beat again.
2) Nick is a whiny bitch about it.
3) Nick complains about a rule that isn't getting enforced even though his team does it.
4) People make fun of Nick because it seems he does this kind of bitch move with every loss.
5) Bama fans get all puckered up about the obvious.
6) Bama fans never come out and say it's a little bitch move on Nicks part, and defend till the end.
7) Bama fans feel all insulted and shit about how everyone piles on them, because, you know, they're Bama.
8) Bama fans proceed to tell us that the other team didn't win, but in fact Bama beat themselves.
9) At some point you would think that Bama fans would realize that they are getting played over and over again.

This sounds eerily similar to my mother-in-law. According to her, the Dallas Cowgirls have NEVER lost a game because the other team was better or they played bad. EVERY game the Cowgirls have lost is because the referees have cheated them out of a win. She really believes it too.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Nick Saban is a great coach!!!
I think he is a good coach and a great RECRUITER. Lately, I haven't seen him without superior talent. Early at Bama and in a few other places, he didn't dominate without said talent.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is a good coach and a great RECRUITER. Lately, I haven't seen him without superior talent. Early at Bama and in a few other places, he didn't dominate without said talent.
I agree, superior talent does help!!!

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he does have a legitimate point. #70 (i think that's his number, cant quite see in the video) is about 5 yards down field when the pass is thrown. That should have been a flag.
Ssssshhhhh it's more fun to make fun of Bama.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds eerily similar to my mother-in-law. According to her, the Dallas Cowgirls have NEVER lost a game because the other team was better or they played bad. EVERY game the Cowgirls have lost is because the referees have cheated them out of a win. She really believes it too.

you calling them the cowgirls over and over isn't dooshy at all

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he does have a legitimate point. #70 (i think that's his number, cant quite see in the video) is about 5 yards down field when the pass is thrown. That should have been a flag.
I think if any person were to dissect every play of the video of the Bama- Ole Miss game, you would find quite a few flags that should have been thrown on "both" team!!

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is one of the greatest coaches ever, but it seems like making adjustments isnt his strongest coaching attribute.
Concur. He seems to be of the mind that if a game was lost, it was because his plan was not executed to perfection.

He'd have made a fine German staff officer.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is one of the greatest coaches ever, but it seems like making adjustments isnt his strongest coaching attribute.

Yeah, that's bullshit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concur. He seems to be of the mind that if a game was lost, it was because his plan was not executed to perfection.

He'd have made a fine German staff officer.

Not true, Wisconsin is a clear case of adjustments. They had a little success early, Alabama made adjustments and the Wisconsin offense was shut down the rest of the game until we put in the 2nd string.

Georgia in 2012 we had to make huge adjustments to win.

Last year against Auburn we had to make adjustments to win.

etc.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not adjustments game-to-game, adjustments in his system overall.

All I know is that my big complaint about Saban the past 2 or 3 years is that he keeps listening to "experts" and keeps changing things. We are not the same kind of team we were in 2012 offensively or defensively.

So I have the opinion it's his adjustments that have been fucking us. All because we lost 1 game to A&M.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that my big complaint about Saban the past 2 or 3 years is that he keeps listening to "experts" and keeps changing things. We are not the same kind of team we were in 2012 offensively or defensively.

So I have the opinion it's his adjustments that have been fucking us. All because we lost 1 game to A&M.
So you think he should go back to the prior to 2012 formula and stick to it?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think he should go back to the prior to 2012 formula and stick to it?

Yes for the most part. There was a time when you knew what Alabama was going to do, and it didn't matter because you couldn't stop it.

Defenses in such a system are by default improved. Because the opposing teams offense gets way less playing time.

I saw a stat the other day that said Alabama attempted the 4th most passing attempts in college football so far this year. Our offense is balanced in terms of run/pass overall on yards, however with Kiffin the calling isn't always balanced(Against Ohio St last year he would start a drive with some runs, get some first downs, then do pass, pass, pass, punt to kill the drive).

Everyone makes a big deal about well Kiffin scored this many points, had this many yards, and so on. But they ignore the way our offense has continued to screw our defense over in the process. Our defense last year played in more than 2 extra games worth of downs due to the offense putting them on the field more often.

It's my guess that Saban figures our defense is good enough to handle the difference etc, but it's bullshit and not working as best I can tell. These adjustments as far as I can tell are screwing up things.

But with the rule being talked about here, I don't think it's going to matter what type of defense you play.