• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban submits complaint about Ole Miss pop-pass TD

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread inspired me to pour another drink. carry on fuckholes

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I can tell you this much. There was only one TD that night where we got beat in man to man coverage deep and that was Treadwell's TD. That was our problems last year, the deep ball. And we have pretty much shut down the deep passing game.
Alabama's secondary is average at best right now.

It's just the truth, man. Even most Alabama fans agree with that statement. They are 93rd in the country right now in passing yardage given up per game.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's just the truth, man. Even most Alabama fans agree with that statement. They are 93rd in the country right now in passing yardage given up per game.

Actually I think it's our LB in coverage a good bit. I'm not an X's and O's type guy and I don't look at film to study every play, but it seems like it's constantly the LB area's that get exploited on the 3rd downs to me.

3rd and more than 5 makes me want to roll up in a ball. 3rd and less than 5 and I feel like we get a stop.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a result of shutting down the run completely. And we gave up 130+ yds passing on 2 plays that had zero to do with "getting burned deep", so I think overall we are just fine. We know when our secondary sucks. This year, it hasn't. Like 4D said, our LBs are getting beat in coverage on dink and dunk plays, and enough of those add up to a good bit of yards. But by no means has anyone this year just dissected Alabamas secondary.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea its not where it needs to be and is still exploidable, but its not as bad as last years. A lot of passes are completed in over the middle this year where its the linebackers responsibility.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban just needs to make some changes. The old Bama way isn't working.
What's certainly not working is the secondary, musical QBs, and screen passes without supporting blocks.

But I'm pretty sure we'll see lots more of that this season. :L

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does any coach post their "own" article? Sure someone wrote this article about Nick Saban. That's the way it works. Did/do you expect Saban to write a negative article about himself?

Wow, so you're saying that someone else used the word "complaint" and you're not blindly following that person. Gotta say bullshit is the word that comes to mind here. Just my opinion, but since that is pretty much what the thread is about, the opinion of the writer, I guess I am right if the original premise is.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

93rd? And one of those opponents couldn't throw it in the ocean if they were standing on the dock.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think it's our LB in coverage a good bit. I'm not an X's and O's type guy and I don't look at film to study every play, but it seems like it's constantly the LB area's that get exploited on the 3rd downs to me.

3rd and more than 5 makes me want to roll up in a ball. 3rd and less than 5 and I feel like we get a stop.
I agree with you and think you are correct...and so do the pundits. They've discussed it pointing out the different types of linebackers. Different skill set to stop the myriad of spread type teams than those that run traditional offenses.

On the other hand, I think Bama is one of the few defenses built to stop LSU's offense without a lot of adjusting. We'll see when the time comes.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

93rd? What's going to happen when they face a competent quarterback? Luckily they don't have any of those in the SEC.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to top it off, nobody seems to understand what is going on with the lineman down field.

What teams do is they run block on pass plays. They have a 3 yard cushion in college football, so these teams take a gamble that the pass will get off before a lineman makes it downfield - combined with the fact that even if a lineman does get beyond the 3 yards, there is a low chance that they will get called on the penalty.

What this does is it removes all the reads for the defenses, forcing the linebackers to make a guess on if the play is pass or rush. This then allows the QB to make his read based on what the linebackers/defense does and if they play pass - he rushes. If they play run - he passes.

And that is the reason lineman are downfield. And it's the reason why it's a big deal for defenses, no matter if they are looking directly at the QB, no matter if they are called for being downfield or not.

So now you know and quit saying stupid things thinking it's just about the rule itself and people are only upset because they lost. It's an actual issue. They were supposed to be giving this rule more attention, but they admitted after this that they are unable to police it because the ref in charge of keeping track is also the one who has to keep track of the ball etc. So it's impossible for the ump to know if their are lineman downfield which has lead to the exploits.

Probably be years before anything is fixed with the way college football works.

Most college football fans know this, but Saban is acting like this hasnt happened before and lost games or affected games for other teams and coaches. Mistakes happen, him pointing out one missed call isnt going to change the fact these refs are far from perfect. If this is the first we are hearing from him, it's fine, but he seems to complain and complain about everything when his team loses.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know why he has to whine all the time.

If it's his players are looking ahead to the draft or it's the other team is running plays too quick and now it's the refs missed one call so I should bitch about it. He's like a fucking 12 year old. Accept it and move on, the season isnt over.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To Summarize in 10 points or less:

1) Nick gets beat again.
2) Nick is a whiny bitch about it.
3) Nick complains about a rule that isn't getting enforced even though his team does it.
4) People make fun of Nick because it seems he does this kind of bitch move with every loss.
5) Bama fans get all puckered up about the obvious.
6) Bama fans never come out and say it's a little bitch move on Nicks part, and defend till the end.
7) Bama fans feel all insulted and shit about how everyone piles on them, because, you know, they're Bama.
8) Bama fans proceed to tell us that the other team didn't win, but in fact Bama beat themselves.
9) At some point you would think that Bama fans would realize that they are getting played over and over again.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban just needs to make some changes. The old Bama way isn't working.

When you look at 15-5 in his last 20, just not acceptable for the gumps.

Tide lose one game out of every 4 they play. Not impressed over last couple years.

He is one of the greatest coaches ever, but it seems like making adjustments isnt his strongest coaching attribute.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, so you're saying that someone else used the word "complaint" and you're not blindly following that person. Gotta say bullshit is the word that comes to mind here. Just my opinion, but since that is pretty much what the thread is about, the opinion of the writer, I guess I am right if the original premise is.
Band the article was about Saban and it was posted on Sportshoopla, I can respect you view and opinion about the article and who wrote it, as you are a Bama fan. I was just commenting on the article and it seems to me that Nick was complaining to the SEC office.