• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban draws comparisons to smoking heaters and the HUNH

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiot is an idiot. Didn't learn from that fat fuck Bielema to keep his trap shut.

you should be more specific, which idiot are you referring to?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a great time to just kill this thread and anymore of these. Last i checked a Bama fan was crying and saying he was never coming back, now this. Please just end it. (Though you would think I would have the will power to abstain from looking, but it is like watching a car wreck.)

This thread alone or these troll attempts too? :noidea:

Malzahn beats Saban again: 10 second rule tabled

SportsHoopla's proposals for rule changes. For safety

Saban proposes 14 new rules for college football

Saban & Bielema behind the kill uptempo offense rule <<<<here's his name. Yea, all coaches!

One way to reduce injuries playing football is to not play football

Rich Rod.. U da man!

Because it is about safety

Spot the ball FASTER!

HUNH or Old School Football?

No HUNH failed, so now they try to limit full-contact?

Steve Spurrier calls it the "Saban Rule"

Naked troll attempt of Bama/Saban fans

Bama rocking the sweet SOS again in '14

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idiot for whom this thread is about.

Opinions vary, seems to me a man that has accomplished all that he has is far from an idiot. If the measure of a man is what he has accomplished in life and how successful he is, then you and I are blithering idiots in comparison. I personally strive to be the best I can daily and cannot hope to accomplish what he has. When is the last time your paycheck had as many zeroes as his does? Fail post of yours is fail.

Last edited by a moderator:

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinions vary, seems to me a man that has accomplished all that he has is far from an idiot. If the measure of a man is what he has accomplished in life and how successful he is, then you and I are blithering idiots in comparison. I personally strive to be the best I can daily and cannot hope to accomplish what he has. When is the last time your paycheck had as many zeroes as his does? Fail post of yours is fail.

money alone does not equate success.

When you have to legislate rules to try to maintain your position maybe it's time to move on.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you have to legislate rules to try to maintain your position maybe it's time to move on.

3 of the past 5 national championships equates to success. Of which was done under the current rules and environment. And if you knew anything about Saban you would know he has no trouble adjusting to the game.

But I guess I shouldn't be surprised you don't know what success looks like.

PS: Next year when you start complaining about fake injuries and start talking about how rules should be created, remember your post.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me ask you this, if you saw something at work that you thought needed attention, would you
A. Sit by and let it continue to be a problem, or
B. Try and take action and see if you could fix a potential problem?

To say he is trying to legislate rules to try and maintain his position shows you know very little about this. This possible(key word here) rule change was discussed at last years meeting and Saban and company were not part of the process. Follow up a year later and Saban speaks before the committee(on an off year for rule changes mind you) and he is now"trying to legislate rules to maintain his position". To say the rules committee screwed the pooch and didnt bring in both sides of the fence is no reflection on Saban or anyone else being there, he simply is doing his part to bring to light some problems he see's in the game today.

As for your money alone doesnt equate to success, your right it doesnt, but add in all the other stuff he has done in his career(that almost any coach would kill for his resume to date) and you can equate that to success. If you say he is not successful, then clearly you are lying to try and get attention.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you believe what you want to believe without any evidence to support it while over looking other people telling you that you are wrong?

Because you are a known idiot is my guess.

so if I say the world is round and someone tells me I am wrong, I should just believe it.

That sounds pretty idiotic.

I believe what I want to believe because I have never seen any evidence not to believe it.

I don't believe in Bigfoot because I have never seen one.

Are you really this stupid?

LOL at you nut swingers not having one care in the world about player safety until Lil nick wanted to change the rules and needed a non self serving reason to hide behind.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect, if you think that college football coaches do nothing but coach, you don't know much about college football. Seriously. They recruit, they suck up to the alumni, they do community service, they (some) vote in polls, and they are actively engaged in the improvement of the game which includes rule changes. That's all part of "coaching" in today's CFB. Often, but not surprisingly, coaches often disagree on rule changes based on whether it is in the best interest of the coaches team. Imagine that!

I might give you some agreement on everything up until the try and change the rules part.

Thats not in the job description.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant tell Authority anything, he is an Authority on everything and knows it all. I imagine that if we found out who he(or she apparently) is it would be a woman, since the only ones I have ever met that thought they knew it all were women.

I for one am glad my HC is one that doesnt just coach his team and is interested in all phases of his job.

LOL at this bo bo reduced to calling me a girl.

Go back to the playground where your insults might actually work.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if you base the measure of a man on how many football games he's won, you've got your priorities mixed up

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you base the measure of a man on how many football games he's won, you've got your priorities mixed up

In the context of what he was responding to you can't be serious.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread alone or these troll attempts too? :noidea:

Malzahn beats Saban again: 10 second rule tabled

SportsHoopla's proposals for rule changes. For safety

Saban proposes 14 new rules for college football

Saban & Bielema behind the kill uptempo offense rule <<<<here's his name. Yea, all coaches!

One way to reduce injuries playing football is to not play football

Rich Rod.. U da man!

Because it is about safety

Spot the ball FASTER!

HUNH or Old School Football?

No HUNH failed, so now they try to limit full-contact?

Steve Spurrier calls it the "Saban Rule"

Naked troll attempt of Bama/Saban fans

Bama rocking the sweet SOS again in '14

It is the off season. The 10 second proposal was the biggest piece of news during a slow period. These are not all troll topics. Last August it was Johnny Football. A few years ago it was LHN and evil Texas. You may not like it, but this the topic du jour and through his own actions Saban made himself the face of the proposal.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all have no clue what hatred for your team is. Don't worry, little babies. You'll get over it.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all have no clue what hatred for your team is. Don't worry, little babies. You'll get over it.
-
I truer statement has never been uttered here.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might give you some agreement on everything up until the try and change the rules part.

Thats not in the job description.
Stubborn much? So, now you agree that coaches obviously do a lot more than coach after saying, "His job is to coach. End of Story Anything outside of that is just self serving." But, you just can't bring yourself to agree that coaches advocate for rule changes all the time. Who could possibly be in a better position to see the need for a rule change than coaches? Who do you think lead the way to the change in the targeting rule that we all agree was properly changed this year? And finally, per the NCAA rules, the NCAA college football rules committee has to have 50% of its membership be - yeah, you guessed it - coaches. Give it up man! :gaah:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stubborn much? So, now you agree that coaches obviously do a lot more than coach after saying, "His job is to coach. End of Story Anything outside of that is just self serving." But, you just can't bring yourself to agree that coaches advocate for rule changes all the time. Who could possibly be in a better position to see the need for a rule change than coaches? Who do you think lead the way to the change in the targeting rule that we all agree was properly changed this year? And finally, per the NCAA rules, the NCAA college football rules committee has to have 50% of its membership be - yeah, you guessed it - coaches. Give it up man! :gaah:

I am not saying they don't do it.

I am saying advocating for rules is not in the job description. Their primary job is to coach.

Honestly I have never seen one bit of evidence of any particular coaches leading the charge on implementing the targeting rule. Not saying it didn't happen, I just never seen where there was certain coaches that was lobbying for it. Regardless that rule does not favor one particular coaching style over another like what we have in Lil' Nicks agenda.

I think its you who should give up on trying to spin this as something that "everyone" does.

Everyone does not go out looking to have certain coaching styles regulated.

Last edited by a moderator: