• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban & Bielema behind the kill uptempo offense rule

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 seconds in the time of the previous play, or within the ball being set?

If you guys think the 10 seconds start when the ball is set, then you are wrong. The play clock starts at the end of the previous play.

Ten seconds of the previous play according to the paper, most in the 2nd quarter which is when OU took control of the game. Saban is just a sore loser because he couldn't get his nickel package in or whatever defense he wanted to change to in the middle of OU's drive.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically you want to outlaw HUNH given that answer. You want 11 seconds to be in place regardless and the substitution and safety talk is simply a ploy.

So basically you just want to outlaw defense since Texas doesn't have one.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ten seconds of the previous play according to the paper, most in the 2nd quarter which is when OU took control of the game. Saban is just a sore loser because he couldn't get his nickel package in or whatever defense he wanted to change to in the middle of OU's drive.

Source?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see that allowing a defense to put in situational down and distance defenses is fair either. That's what the hurry up was designed to combat and now that it is working some coaches are crying foul. Well, screw them. Play defense without having all those special defenses for every damn down and maybe the hurry up won't be so apt to being adopted by offensive coordinators.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically you just want to outlaw defense since Texas doesn't have one.

Nice one. People who have nothing intelligent to reply with tend to deflect.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant beat it so lets ruin it. BIELEMA WAS A FUCKING TURD BEFORE THIS AND NOW HE IS EVEN BGIGER FAT ASS FUCK

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see that allowing a defense to put in situational down and distance defenses is fair either. That's what the hurry up was designed to combat and now that it is working some coaches are crying foul. Well, screw them. Play defense without having all those special defenses for every damn down and maybe the hurry up won't be so apt to being adopted by offensive coordinators.

Fine, offenses shouldn't be allowed to change their formations and personal either.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant beat it so lets ruin it. BIELEMA WAS A FUCKING TURD BEFORE THIS AND NOW HE IS EVEN BGIGER FAT ASS FUCK

Yeah, we gotta put an end to all those National Championships Oregon has been winning.

:laugh3:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch TTech or Okie State play and you'll see it more often than not...OU was able to do it 9 times in the Sugar Bowl and 19 times under 15 seconds.

I watched the replay the other day FF through all plays except OU's. They might have done it once in the first half and it was questionable. I didn't check the second half. And for the record, OU played great against Alabama. Their own fans will tell you that they didn't see TK throw or play like that all year. Even their receivers made great catches when getting ripped right at contact. Just like A&M did in 2012. As for Auburn this year they were stopped on 8 out of their first 11 drives until the illegal play (blockers downfield) tied it up. So I'm not sure why everyone thinks Alabama is so weak against this offense.

For the record, at this meeting they are also looking at putting more of an emphasis on holding and blockers downfield that has slacked off big time over the years. That will impact these offense much more than this 10 second rule and that I can promise you!

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alabama-coach-nick-saban-crying.jpg

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and Bammers say that the rule will have no effect on offenses, because they don't snap the ball inside 11 seconds. Seems to me if that is what you believe, than the defense always has 11 seconds per your belief
Yes, or no - part of the design of HUNH offenses to get to the LOS so fast that the D doesn't have time to get subs in, let alone get set? Yes, or no? It is obviously Yes.

This rule is simply designed to even that out so that the D will have time to get subs in and get set. Now, will 10 seconds work? I don't know but assume those coming up with the rule do.

By the way, my team is actually one of the teams that runs up to the LOS and then take 25 seconds to get the play called. And, the purpose of that is to try and catch the D switching out players.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the replay the other day FF through all plays except OU's. They might have done it once in the first half and it was questionable. I didn't check the second half. And for the record, OU played great against Alabama. Their own fans will tell you that they didn't see TK throw or play like that all year. Even their receivers made great catches when getting ripped right at contact. Just like A&M did in 2012. As for Auburn this year they were stopped on 8 out of their first 11 drives until the illegal play (blockers downfield) tied it up. So I'm not sure why everyone thinks Alabama is so weak against this offense.

For the record, at this meeting they are also looking at putting more of an emphasis on holding and blockers downfield that has slacked off big time over the years. That will impact these offense much more than this 10 second rule and that I can promise you!

OU Sports: How do proposed rules changes affect the Sooners? - Tulsa World: OU Sports

During plays against the 40-second clock, Oklahoma snapped the ball six times in 10 seconds or less against the Crimson Tide.

It was six, not nine. Sorry.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope, apparently the only reason Oklahoma won is because they were able to abuse the rules and not allow our defense to substitute. :noidea: