• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban & Bielema behind the kill uptempo offense rule

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are incoherently rambling. I am sure you thought you had a pt, but it is not coming across. Take a deep breath and try again.

"Cry more" is too hard for you to wrap your head around?

Interesting.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, let's say the O can't sub in RBs and WRs in certain down situations. See how stupid that is. So, why would you do that to the D?

If the O subs then the D gets to match. How hard is that to understand?

The O gets to decide what players are on the field and D gets the final substitution. If the O doesn't substitute then the D shouldn't unless they can do it before the snap. There is no guarantee in in life, so stop being a baby about it.

The D always gets last chance to sub. Not first. If they flipped it around THEN maybe it would make sense.

The new rule would give the D first chance to sub, then the O could match, then the D gets to sub AGAIN to match the personnel that the O sends out. That's stupid.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think I am sucking Saban's dick? You haven't been reading what I've been saying.

- I don't like pinball football. An SECCG where you have a 59-42 score is a disgrace and isn't what I want CFB to be. My personal opinion.

- I want the D to be able to make wholesale changes ... why not? The O can. By rule the D can, but in practice the HUNH O precludes or limits it. I want the best O against the best D. What's wrong with that?

- Of course Saban wants an edge. So do the coaches who are objecting. I am shocked ... college football coaches advocating for things that are good for their team.

They are the only ones who are allowed to manipulate rules and/or ask for rule changes. SEC teams don't have that right because of their success.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The O gets to decide what players are on the field and D gets the final substitution. If the O doesn't substitute then the D shouldn't unless they can do it before the snap. There is no guarantee in in life, so stop being a baby about it.

The D always gets last chance to sub. Not first. If they flipped it around THEN maybe it would make sense.

The new rule would give the D first chance to sub, then the O could match, then the D gets to sub AGAIN to match the personnel that the O sends out. That's stupid.

The O gets to sub whenever it wants.

The D is not allowed to sub just because they want.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here it is again. Talking about allowing the defense to get set. So basically it is about outlawing HUNH. I guess we need to inform NCAA basketball officials that the offense is required to allow the defense to get set. From this day forth we shall van the fastbreak in basketball and HUNH in football
You guys just keep teeing it up for me. Ever hear of the 4 corners offense in CBB? And, what exactly did the NCAA do in response to that wonderful offensive strategy? Yeah, that's right, created a frigging shot clock to keep it from being used. LOL.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've tried before, and I'll give it a last try. Why should the D be guaranteed to sub only when the O does? Why does the O get to dicatate that? Just because the D gets to sub when the O does isn't good enough. I want the D to be able to sub whenever they want to.

Nice attitude ... who is being a baby? I am intelligently discussing an issue that has blown this forum up today. I haven't called anyone a name, or gotten mad.

Why do you think that the D should always react and not get to act first? And, no one is saying there will be this swapping back and forth. With this new rule, the idea that the D gets to sub when the O does will be gone. No one is saying there will be some you go, then we go, then you go, etc. Don't know where you came up with that.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's comical how fans will defend their collegiate programs, conferences and coaches thereof, to a fault. You don't see this as often in professional sports. Less bias and homerism perhaps?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, apparently the only reason Oklahoma won is because they were able to abuse the rules and not allow our defense to substitute. :noidea:

Yea it isn't possible that a good team got sky high and played really well against Alabama. It had to be the HUNH!!! :noidea:

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense should be able to sub as many and often as they wish, before the ball is snapped. The offense should be able to snap the ball as soon as it's spotted and the offensive players are set or in legal motion. If the defense hasn't substituted and put themselves in position then fuck 'em. The game shouldn't wait for their pansy asses to get a swig of gatorade, take a breather, fake an injury, or send Joe Bob in cause Leroy is tired.

Do they want to take away the forward pass, motion and shifts next? Sheeeeeet, man up and play.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The operative word being "MAY" because as a writer on ESPN pointed out Stanford played several hurry up offenses the last few seasons and has one of the lowest injury rates in CFB, maybe Stanford conditions their defensive players better? :noidea:

If you drive your car a lot more one year because of your job does that not increase the percentages of an accident as opposed to if you drove less? Does it not make sense that more plays (85) will lead to more injuries than if you play in less plays (65) over any significant time period and if you're going to say NO please just move on! :L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense should be able to sub as many and often as they wish, before the ball is snapped. The offense should be able to snap the ball as soon as it's spotted and the offensive players are set or in legal motion. If the defense hasn't substituted and put themselves in position then fuck 'em. The game shouldn't wait for their pansy asses to get a swig of gatorade, take a breather, fake an injury, or send Joe Bob in cause Leroy is tired.

Do they want to take away the forward pass, motion and shifts next? Sheeeeeet, man up and play.

Fine, lets just go back to the 25 second clock and then offenses won't be able to abuse the new rule that was put into play in 2008 with the 40 second play clock.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys just keep teeing it up for me. Ever hear of the 4 corners offense in CBB? And, what exactly did the NCAA do in response to that wonderful offensive strategy? Yeah, that's right, created a frigging shot clock to keep it from being used. LOL.

The 4 Corner Offense continues to be used or at least Harvard was running it the last time I noticed.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you drive your car a lot more one year because of your job does that not increase the percentages of an accident as opposed to if you drove less? Does it not make sense that more plays (85) will lead to more injuries than if you play in less plays (65) over any significant time period and if you're going to say NO please just move on! :L

Prove it with statistics.

Slightly tired players won't hit as hard thereby decreasing the chance for injuries.
Rested players will hit harder, thereby increasing the chance for injuries.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
044D9665-C8C9-47C1-BBC2-82B050FA40BE-1720-000001D4304BDF01_zps1ce02eb2.jpg