• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban & Bielema behind the kill uptempo offense rule

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you mean by free substitution....They run a player into the huddle, the D runs players in.

When the ball is down and the O is running to the line and players sub....well then the D should be prepared.

This is about fat assed 5 star linemen that are too stupid to be prepared to go in. And because the coach can't get them to be ready, the other fat assed 5 star lineman has to play a second down......OMG the abuse is staggering.

The offense can sub on any play. The defense should have the same option. Not too hard to understand.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense can sub on any play. The defense should have the same option. Not too hard to understand.

There is absolutely nothing stopping them from subbing now....except incompetence. Once at the line, the O can't sub. So is 11 on 11 again. No advantage either way.

Not too hard to understand.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny how many of you have no idea how the play clock works and as a result are upset by the rule.

It's not going to change anything as far as offensive tempo. The only thing it's going to change is it gives the defense a chance to substitute. As I have argued for the past year on here, the entire thing with the HUNH has been about not allowing the defense to substitute, and you all being pissed about this rule only goes to highlight that you know it's true.

If you think the offense is going to be at the line having to wait for the defense to substitute - then you don't understand the play clock or the rule.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense does have that option.

No they don't.

The other team will just hurry to the line and snap the ball without the defense in place. If that is what you call good football then you are an idiot.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they have the option now. what he is saying is that the defense better be smarter and more prepared to do it faster. it's only a hard concept for Bama fans.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have the option now. what he is saying is that the defense better be smarter and more prepared to do it faster. it's only a hard concept for Bama fans.

If you think the defense having to do that is good football, then you are also an idiot.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, they don't have that option. Every game I watched this past season, the defense could only sub if the offense did. Learn some football son.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think the defense having to do that is good football, then you are also an idiot.

it is good football because the offense has just fucked your defense over and all you can do is cry about it and not adjust.

Why is it too much to ask that a defense be more prepared and smarter in what they do. If they aren't, then live with the consequences.

in reality it gives the offense an advantage and results in higher scoring games, which is what Alabama fans are most concerned about, and that's not being able to adapt your 1970's offensive philosophy into something that can keep up.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they don't have that option. Every game I watched this past season, the defense could only sub if the offense did. Learn some football son.

Once again.....if your defense is PREPARED, you won't have the wrong personnel on the field.
The O runs 4 wide on 3 plays, but you didn't have your nickel package out there? That's YOUR fault, not theirs.

The rule is stupid. It REWARDS INCOMPETENCE.

Coach better. DO better. Grow a sack.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again.....if your defense is PREPARED, you won't have the wrong personnel on the field.
The O runs 4 wide on 3 plays, but you didn't have your nickel package out there? That's YOUR fault, not theirs.

:laugh3:
Grow a sack.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is good football because the offense has just fucked your defense over and all you can do is cry about it and not adjust.

Why is it too much to ask that a defense be more prepared and smarter in what they do. If they aren't, then live with the consequences.

in reality it gives the offense an advantage and results in higher scoring games, which is what Alabama fans are most concerned about, and that's not being able to adapt your 1970's offensive philosophy into something that can keep up.

Fine, then lets make it so the offense is also not allowed to substitute unless the defense agrees to it.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So an offense can substitute at will but a defense can't. Not too bright are you?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So an offense can substitute at will but a defense can't. Not too bright are you?

WRONG.

NCAA rules state that if the O can substitute, SO CAN THE D. In fact, they are not allowed to run a play until the D gets their subs in.

Not too bright, ARE YOU?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny how many of you have no idea how the play clock works and as a result are upset by the rule.

It's not going to change anything as far as offensive tempo. The only thing it's going to change is it gives the defense a chance to substitute. As I have argued for the past year on here, the entire thing with the HUNH has been about not allowing the defense to substitute, and you all being pissed about this rule only goes to highlight that you know it's true.

If you think the offense is going to be at the line having to wait for the defense to substitute - then you don't understand the play clock or the rule.

The defense already has the chance to substitute. They just have to prepared and be quick about it.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG.

NCAA rules state that if the O can substitute, SO CAN THE D. In fact, they are not allowed to run a play until the D gets their subs in.

Not too bright, ARE YOU?

I'm appalled this is so far over the heads of some of you clowns that claim to be educated. Defensive substitution is based solely on the offense's decision. The defense should have that option regardless of whether the offense subs or not.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG.

Not too bright, ARE YOU?

So as I've said the entire time, the offense is allowed to dictate to the defense when substitutions can be made. But allow the defense to substitute when it wants, and suddenly college football is going to fall apart.

:L

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as I've said the entire time, the offense is allowed to dictate to the defense when substitutions can be made. But allow the defense to substitute when it wants, and suddenly college football is going to fall apart.

:L

Let's see if you can grasp this. The defense is not on a clock to get a play run, now are they? O COURSE the offense is dictating the tempo, the game tempo and clock are entirely dependent on THEM.