• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban & Bielema behind the kill uptempo offense rule

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point being he was talking football, not getting personal, which got him in hot water before. Now he (and other Bama fans) gets shit thrown at them and its ok as long as the site is getting hits and threads are moving. My point is that its not ok to do to one what gets others in the Toilet Bowl. Lets talk football, not sling shit and act like uncaged monkeys.

I will sling shit at Bamatee all day long because that fucker deserves it. Do you have any idea of how many thread derails and trolls I have had to put up with from him over the years? He should still be in the toilet bowl IMO. My opinion doesn't matter though. He brings little to this website. His only contribution is an argumentative attitude and a unwarranted feeling of superiority.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to what that means in relationship to your post? :noidea:

A Texas State Trooper would have experience in courtroom testimony? Right Harvey?:noidea:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like him being a Trooper in Texas is some insider information that most of us are unaware of. What does that have to do with anything anyway? Did you know that many Texas fans on this site do not live in Texas? What does that have to do with anything? I don't know either. You Bama fans are really angry. Did you feel the need to point out 4down20 acting like a child earlier in the thread as inappropriate posting behavior? I must have missed that. But I make bad joke and you are up in arms. Typical of the hyper sensitive ways of Bama fans on this site.

About as much as your post did I guess. Tit for tat huh?

Wasnt here when 4D20 went on his rampage, if he did so, but I probably would have responded in some form. I come here to talk football and always have to end up defending my team of coach to people who want to defame and slander one, the other , both or the fanbase. Apparently its ok to use Updyke in your manner, but to turn it back on you and make the claim he is a Texan is not ok to you.

As for me being mad or upset or even butthurt, Nice try. My intention is merely to point out that the cliff notes of this thread have been a farce since post number 2 and that shit slinging is coming from one side as much as the other and it started from the non-Bama side first, Bama fans just came in to protect and defend, like we always end up doing.

So i ask you, who seems to be mad now?

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty I have changed my opinion on certain topics when an alternate opinion was presented by a poster I respected in a non-combative way and with reasonable data to back that position.

That is one of my favorite things about these forums that posters are located in different areas and have access to different beat writers that I couldn't possibly hope to follow. Every team has an inside guy like Cecil Hurt for Bama and Phillip Marshall for Auburn and those type guys typically know what is really happening.

Any reasonable person is always open to the possibility that they could be mistaken and there is no shame in admitting your position has changed when it does. If we always agreed or didn't learn anything in the process of posting this would be one big bore feast.

The bolded part is the reason any rational person comes to these boards. The entire point of a college football board made up from fans of every school is to learn differing viewpoints and maybe learn things you didn't know. If I wanted everyone to agree with me I would go to team sites (which I also do). However, I find myself to be much more educated of college football when I read these types of forums. I don't have to rely on ESPN to tell me about the going ons at other parts of the country. The fact Bamatee thinks others are so full of hubris that their minds cannot be changed because his cant is typical of him.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will sling shit at Bamatee all day long because that fucker deserves it. Do you have any idea of how many thread derails and trolls I have had to put up with from him over the years? He should still be in the toilet bowl IMO. My opinion doesn't matter though. He brings little to this website. His only contribution is an argumentative attitude and a unwarranted feeling of superiority.

This is the present, not the past.

Again, i come here to talk football, but usually end up defending my team, my coach or the fanbase. What does that say about other teams fans on here? Much the same as this thread, it reverted to name calling by post 2 and a true Bama fan would naturally go on the defensive at that point. God forbid if i started a thread about another team and let it revert to name calling by post 2, I would be labeled a bad Bama fan and a troll. God forbid I start getting personal with someone, i would get sent to the TB or banned for a short time, but let others do it and they get to move along freely. As long as its not a Bama fan doing it, its seen as ok, but if we do it its mad or butthurt. Love the double standards.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About as much as your post did I guess. Tit for tat huh?

Wasnt here when 4D20 went on his rampage, if he did so, but I probably would have responded in some form. I come here to talk football and always have to end up defending my team of coach to people who want to defame and slander one, the other , both or the fanbase. Apparently its ok to use Updyke in your manner, but to turn it back on you and make the claim he is a Texan is not ok to you.

As for me being mad or upset or even butthurt, Nice try. My intention is merely to point out that the cliff notes of this thread have been a farce since post number 2 and that shit slinging is coming from one side as much as the other and it started from the non-Bama side first, Bama fans just came in to protect and defend, like we always end up doing.

So i ask you, who seems to be mad now?

I don't care how you use Updyke. I was just pointing out his statehood was irrelevant to his fandom.

I'm not mad at all so :noidea:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty I have changed my opinion on certain topics when an alternate opinion was presented by a poster I respected in a non-combative way and with reasonable data to back that position.

That is one of my favorite things about these forums that posters are located in different areas and have access to different beat writers that I couldn't possibly hope to follow. Every team has an inside guy like Cecil Hurt for Bama and Phillip Marshall for Auburn and those type guys typically know what is really happening.

Any reasonable person is always open to the possibility that they could be mistaken and there is no shame in admitting your position has changed when it does. If we always agreed or didn't learn anything in the process of posting this would be one big bore feast.

That is a great post WT! I wish it was applicable to more people, including me! With that said, it's sad but you might be the only one. Mamba some times too! Your comments about access to information regarding our schools over most the posters in here is what is frustrating. They read an article usually slanted toward the writers opinion and know everything about Alabama/Saban, yet we hear more interviews, read more first hand information but know less than they do about our teams.

If you haven't already noticed the majority of my posts are about Alabama and usually it's on stuff like this. The reason I don't comment on other teams as much is 1)interest level, 2) don't know near as much about them. But I am rational enough to know I am on this side of the discussion (attack) mainly because my coach, for the team I pull for, is being attacked. I am a defensive side of the ball fan so that factors in as well. You probably won't agree for obvious reasons but the majority of these posts have been nothing but personal and attacking! I have tried to give reasons it's being looked at. 95% of responses have been person attacks. Am I totally clean of this? Probably not but I bet it represents a very small percentage of my posts. This whole thing has gotten so blown out of proportion with Saban it's comical. It's become the old "can't see the forest for the trees" saying.

Again, I wish more people looked at it as you wrote but there aint no way that's happening in this thread. I blew the data report out of the water and the old "cant see the forest..." saying comes into play and they still point to it. My gosh, the report is only on 15 teams on each side and has Auburn as a slow team and Penn St as a fast team. Plus there is no way the researcher could get his hands on injury reports! I have no clue how he picked the 15 teams. Maybe to back his opinion? How can anyone know all that and still point to it as evidence? :noidea:

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, i come here to talk football, but usually end up defending my team, my coach or the fanbase. What does that say about other teams fans on here? Much the same as this thread, it reverted to name calling by post 2 and a true Bama fan would naturally go on the defensive at that point. God forbid if i started a thread about another team and let it revert to name calling by post 2, I would be labeled a bad Bama fan and a troll. God forbid I start getting personal with someone, i would get sent to the TB or banned for a short time, but let others do it and they get to move along freely. As long as its not a Bama fan doing it, its seen as ok, but if we do it its mad or butthurt. Love the double standards.

Are you really trying to get sympathy from us for being a Bama fan? Especially from a Texas fan. I mean we get as much or more shit slung our way and we aren't even winning right now. Can you imagine what it would be like if we were winning at your level right now? Cry me a river...

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bolded part is the reason any rational person comes to these boards. The entire point of a college football board made up from fans of every school is to learn differing viewpoints and maybe learn things you didn't know. If I wanted everyone to agree with me I would go to team sites (which I also do). However, I find myself to be much more educated of college football when I read these types of forums. I don't have to rely on ESPN to tell me about the going ons at other parts of the country. The fact Bamatee thinks others are so full of hubris that their minds cannot be changed because his cant is typical of him.

State the facts please! The reason BamaTee thinks this is because he can read. I see less than 1% of the posters flip on their position on these boards. I would love to see any evidence otherwise. I just hope it's better than that report! But I like the way you fit that into a little dig on me. :clap:

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Aubie, didn't answer one of my questions. Just got personal and sarcastic! :clap:

I did address your points. Your inability to read isn't my concern. Your questions are irrelevant because the premise - rule change will result in few players, therefore fewer injuries - is not valid.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Double thumbs up to a top 10 accurate post! It would be the toilet Bowl for you! :nod:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really trying to get sympathy from us for being a Bama fan? Especially from a Texas fan. I mean we get as much or more shit slung our way and we aren't even winning right now. Can you imagine what it would be like if we were winning at your level right now? Cry me a river...

And the truth shall set you free!!! :nod: You just acknowledged it's being done and a big reason is for winning and being an easy target! I just wanted you to know the reason for the first part of post just in case you didn't follow me? :noidea:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one person has addressed how the hell the data collected for that report might not be garbage! Just getting personal instead. Must make them feel right? :noidea:

I'm waiting! Hippa/teams don't report injuries/injured player in game or at practice/most reports explain where the data came from/uses 15 fast teams and 15 slow teams - wonder if he chose the ones that backed his opinion?hmm What a scientific approach! :whistle:

Waiting> :whistle:

The Texas Longhorns report injuries that occur during games, practice and the spring game.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did address your points. Your inability to read isn't my concern. Your questions are irrelevant because the premise - rule change will result in few players, therefore fewer injuries - is not valid.

There you go again. I've been asking about the report everyone loved to point to and now seems to have disappeared. I'm still...

waiting>:whistle:

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
State the facts please! The reason BamaTee thinks this is because he can read. I see less than 1% of the posters flip on their position on these boards. I would love to see any evidence otherwise. I just hope it's better than that report! But I like the way you fit that into a little dig on me. :clap:

Less than 1 percent is a fact? Where did you "read" this data? Or are you making stuff up like usual?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texas Longhorns report injuries that occur during games, practice and the spring game.

I doubt they do unless they want to expose themselves to a lawsuit but probably because you're closer to the program it feels this way. Even if they do it doesn't change the inaccuracies of the report.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope, just pointing out what has been said in here about us always being butthurt and on the defensive, but the justification is there to support why. All i ask is that fans talk football and leave the Harvey Updykes out of it. No one on here is on that level, it took a special brand of crazy to make him and only one or two on here even come close(BamaTee not included in that group). Suggestion for all of you might be to put yourself in the shoes of the one you are attacking or making jokes about and get a sense of how you would feel if it was your team on the burner. There are those on here capable of making threads about a teams shortcomings or a coaches lack of ability to win, but why. Lets talk football and leave the personal shit to someone else.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go again. I've been asking about the report everyone loved to point to and now seems to have disappeared. I'm still...

waiting>:whistle:

point to where this rule change would reduce the number of plays first. keep up.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than 1 percent is a fact? Where did you "read" this data? Or are you making stuff up like usual?

No! I'm open minded to say that's what I interpreted from what I read I don't really need data to back less than 1 percent and I'm not swearing by it. You are welcome to show me different, and if you do, unlike posters with this silly report, I will be glad to change my position. However, with all the posts made you have to show a lot of people changing their minds to even get over 1%. Good luck with that. I promise it's not a big enough deal to sidetrack. :suds:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
point to where this rule change would reduce the number of plays first. keep up.

Please tell me what this has to do with a report that everyone is swearing by that says there have been fewer injuries with faster (more plays) than slower (less plays) teams? Now follow me. I am saying this report is bogus because of hippa regulations, teams not reporting injuries, only using 15 teams each as sample size, classifying Auburn as a slow team in data and Penn st as a fast team in data, no way of knowing if non start was from practice injury or game injury, no way of knowing if he just chose te teams that would back is opinion. Now tell me how this report is still valid evidence to this discussion is my question. What does your post have to do with that? As you said, Keep up please.