• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban & Bielema behind the kill uptempo offense rule

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they do unless they want to expose themselves to a lawsuit but probably because you're closer to the program it feels this way. Even if they do it doesn't change the inaccuracies of the report.

Many teams report injuries (however, the NCAA does not require them to) and in the NFL, teams are required to report injuries.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFA injury reports, there are all sort of websites(mostly gambling ones) that report player injuries.

They report who is doubtful or out. They don't report whether he is being disciplined, hurt in practice, hurt in a HUNH game or against a pro style team, etc. Means nothing.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you talk a lot and say absolutely nothing
"he spoke his mind"
well no shit.

I said what I wanted, you didnt get it?

I will break it down in simple terms for you then, You stated opinion but brought no facts. I stated that anyone can find anything on the internet, doesnt make it true.

"When the legend becomes fact, print the legend" Sometimes whats on the internet and what is fact are far from each other. Get it now?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if they spend the time to read and understand the waivers. :rollseyes:

A few things have changed over the years don't you think? Why are the Alabama fans being accused of justifying their coach when it couldn't be further from the truth. In fact it's the other way! There is absolutely NO WAY that report is even close to accurate YET it is being justified over and over again!

Alabama's fans position: Why is Saban catching so much shit for saying since there are so many more plays with HUNH teams it might be a good idea to look at a players safety and if this is the direction they want football headed? He acknowledged he did not know if it increased players safety or not but it seems it might. These comments followed a win of HUNH Ole Miss. Not a loss!!!

WOW~ KIll Saban! Kill Saban! Kill Saban!<<< That has been the message sent because of his comments above. Now who is being rational and who isn't?

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They report who is doubtful or out. They don't report whether he is being disciplined, hurt in practice, hurt in a HUNH game or against a pro style team, etc. Means nothing.

Means nothing to you.

Here's a website that reports it for NCAA basketball. I notice a Suspension, Questionable, Definitely out, out for season, left team(undisclosed), out for personal reasons, academic, eligibility, flu, disciplinary, dismissed. I didn't even need to get to the G's.
NCAA College Basketball Injuries - NCAA Basketball Injury Report | TheSpread.com

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the year I guess. Funny that we played a few hurry up offenses in 2009 and didnt lose a game. Played a few in 2010 and lost a couple, won a couple. Played a few in 2011 and won more than we lost. Played a few in 2012 and won more than we lost. Played a few in 2013 and lost two games. Not like Bama is losing to every HUNH team it plays and matchups do have alot to do with it.

I have never seen one thing quoted by Saban as that type of offense negatively affects is gameplan. I have seen where he has stated it could be a player safety issue and it stands to reason based on number of plays and more chances to get hurt. Increase the plays, increase the odds of an injury, its simple numbers.

I would love to fany poster on here to show me in print where Saban has ever been quoted as saying a style of play negatively affects his gameplan. I need so "proof", since that word keeps getting thrown around so much. Prove to me with words from his mouth that this is his reason for not liking this style of play, otherwise its just an opinion with no basis for fact.
Just so I understand you support the rule change because it's your belief it will lead to fewer injuries and it's your opinion that is the sole reason Saban supports it? In other words the support of this rule has zero to do with being able to slow offenses down from a defensive scheming standpoint.

Please answer honestly.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW~ KIll Saban! Kill Saban! Kill Saban!<<< That has been the message sent because of his comments above. Now who is being rational and who isn't?

Since you brought up KIll Saban! I'm gonna write that it's you who is not being rational.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so I understand you support the rule change because it's your belief it will lead to fewer injuries and it's your opinion that is the sole reason Saban supports it? In other words the support of this rule has zero to do with being able to slow offenses down from a defensive scheming standpoint.

Please answer honestly.

Good luck with getting your answer.:laugh3:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Saban vs. Dan Mullen on spread offenses | Gator Bytes blog: University of Florida | The Palm Beach Post

Here is an article from 2009 with quotes on Saban saying the spread is difficult to defend and he thinks it hurts players chances of going pro. No word on safety.

Now he has "evolved" his opinion because his argument that it does an injustice to kids wanting to go to the NFL fell on depth ears.

Like I said. You're a bunch of suckers. Saban doesn't like the spread. He has been quoted multiple times on how difficult it is to defend and now his tune is he is worried about player safety. Give me a fucking break.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is some data for the 2012 season. I will show the starts lost to injury rank and their rank by speed of their offense.

1. Colorado St-78
2. UMass-???
3. Arkansas-37
4. Ohio-39
5. Tulane-68
6. Maryland-113
7. Duke-45
8. E. Michigan-92
8. Wyoming-40
8. California-44
8. Georgia-61
12. Colorado-90

Phil Steele

Tempo in college football - Football Study Hall

Wow those fast teams sure are more dangerous!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will sling shit at Bamatee all day long because that fucker deserves it. Do you have any idea of how many thread derails and trolls I have had to put up with from him over the years? He should still be in the toilet bowl IMO. My opinion doesn't matter though. He brings little to this website. His only contribution is an argumentative attitude and a unwarranted feeling of superiority.

Alright, fair enough. You just have to understand. If you have someone in your fan base with a history of flaming, that poster is going to get what he deserves. I recommend you ignore any post directed at that person.

Anyone can say anything, doesn't make it true. I know how I conduct myself and I try to stay way from personal attacks. I certainly can't say I never have because I'm usually in threads needing to defend Alabama and shit being thrown at Bama, so it's usually not the popular position. The personal insults thrown in those threads is ridiculous. Read my posts in here. I have either made a statement, comment, shown facts but kept it on subject. I'm sure you can nitpick and find some personal comments but on the other hands the majority of yours and others have been personal insults. Yet you like to cast that stone, don't you? All Bandwagon is saying is those same people get away with it while others seem not to. I don't kiss anyone's ass and when I came in here I found out you don't go against certain long time posters. I believe they have connections. When I first joined I was defending Alabama and someone got real personal. We went back and forth and a friend of his started in as well. I got off to a bad start with a couple of the privileged. A perfect example is I could easily say you start more shit than anyone I know in all the threads I read. You make no sense and are very obnoxious. However, that wouldn't make it true and your comments about me are very unsubstantiated as well!

I technically derailed one thread and I still don't think it was a big deal and that was what got me tossed. It was a game thread so technically any conversation not about the game could be called derailing. It was a Pac 12 bowl game and I made a post saying "I don't know who will win this game but has anyone seen the Pac 12 bowl schedule. My gosh, it's pitiful." Then one poster in there went on and on and on about that comment. I did too. We then went to another thread created just for our conversation and to get out of there. He went too. That's when the poster I mentioned earlier got involved. I was tossed and he wasn't. I left the board and I didn't even know it until I signed in two days later. For the record a few days later a thread was started about how easy the PAC bowl schedule was. :noidea:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is some data for the 2012 season. I will show the starts lost to injury rank and their rank by speed of their offense.

1. Colorado St-78
2. UMass-???
3. Arkansas-37
4. Ohio-39
5. Tulane-68
6. Maryland-113
7. Duke-45
8. E. Michigan-92
8. Wyoming-40
8. California-44
8. Georgia-61
12. Colorado-90

Phil Steele

Tempo in college football - Football Study Hall

Wow those fast teams sure are more dangerous!

Good hunting. I tried to find that page, but failed.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things have changed over the years don't you think? Why are the Alabama fans being accused of justifying their coach when it couldn't be further from the truth. In fact it's the other way! There is absolutely NO WAY that report is even close to accurate YET it is being justified over and over again!

Alabama's fans position: Why is Saban catching so much shit for saying since there are so many more plays with HUNH teams it might be a good idea to look at a players safety and if this is the direction they want football headed? He acknowledged he did not know if it increased players safety or not but it seems it might. These comments followed a win of HUNH Ole Miss. Not a loss!!!

This is a rant of a child. You have 0 idea if this report is inaccurate. A logical person would at least consider the fact that it is possible and further trials should be done pr decide to look into it. Instead you are ranting and throwing questions at the wall in an attempt to change the argument. Best one was when you said everybody elsr had a closed mind. That was awesome

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please answer honestly.

Not for me! I think there is a safety issue and that is a glaring issue with the committee these days but I also think defenses have been handicapped severely over recent years and when you add this HUNH to the equation it's like adding fuel to the fire. It just explodes!

For the record, Saban has said all the above but it seems only the safety issue has been plucked out and used to accuse him of a whiner! There are tons of fans of great defense and to just say the game is much better with tons of offense is narrow minded! Why don't we just take up arena football rules? :noidea:

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone can say anything, doesn't make it true. I know how I conduct myself and I try to stay way from personal attacks. I certainly can't say I never have because I'm usually in threads needing to defend Alabama and shit being thrown at Bama, so it's usually not the popular position. The personal insults thrown in those threads is ridiculous. Read my posts in here. I have either made a statement, comment, shown facts but kept it on subject. I'm sure you can nitpick and find some personal comments but on the other hands the majority of yours and others have been personal insults. Yet you like to cast that stone, don't you? All Bandwagon is saying is those same people get away with it while others seem not to. I don't kiss anyone's ass and when I came in here I found out you don't go against certain long time posters. I believe they have connections. When I first joined I was defending Alabama and someone got real personal. We went back and forth and a friend of his started in as well. I got off to a bad start with a couple of the privileged. A perfect example is I could easily say you start more shit than anyone I know in all the threads I read. You make no sense and are very obnoxious. However, that wouldn't make it true and your comments about me are very unsubstantiated as well!

I technically derailed one thread and I still don't think it was a big deal and that was what got me tossed. It was a game thread so technically any conversation not about the game could be called derailing. It was a Pac 12 bowl game and I made a post saying "I don't know who will win this game but has anyone seen the Pac 12 bowl schedule. My gosh, it's pitiful." Then one poster in there went on and on and on about that comment. I did too. We then went to another thread created just for our conversation and to get out of there. He went too. That's when the poster I mentioned earlier got involved. I was tossed and he wasn't. I left the board and I didn't even know it until I signed in two days later. For the record a few days later a thread was started about how easy the PAC bowl schedule was. :noidea:

I never accused you of personal attacks and I did not read this very long post. You can be a crappy poster without calling people names.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please answer honestly.

I havent stated one direction or the other my beliefs. I commented on what Saban stated, which is what is fact per the internet news articles. His wish is that a study be done to see if this form of offense will more injuries over the current and past style of play. Its simple numbers really, more plays, more injuries possible. Its not to say that it will happen, but an increase in plays gives more chances for players to get injured.

People reading into his comments to see what they want to see does not make it proof that this is about how it affects his defensive style of play. What his reasons are for his opinion are his and only his. I can assure you I can give you 7 million reasons as to his justification for wanting to feel anyway he wants to feel and if your name is big enough to impact the game one way or another, why not use it to your advantage. You would if given the chance, why shouldnt he? And last i checked, he is not the lone person on that hill shouting to the masses, quite a number on that hill with him.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More data posted, instead of looking at it, more emotional pleas of thinking of the children. I feel like I am having a 2nd amendment debate.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a rant of a child. You have 0 idea if this report is inaccurate. A logical person would at least consider the fact that it is possible and further trials should be done pr decide to look into it. Instead you are ranting and throwing questions at the wall in an attempt to change the argument. Best one was when you said everybody elsr had a closed mind. That was awesome

No I'm not! There is no way that is accurate Codaxx! You're a big numbers guy. How can you accept the data of research done by a writer with an agenda? The article is trying to make fun of the safety comments and do what's being done in here. He uses 15 teams on each side using several questionable teams of what side they should even be on. Knowing what we know there is no way he has accurate injury reports. He might be close but no way he has it exact. He also might be miles off. I will not accept trash! You might? You really think he has accurate data or just want to say so because it backs your point? I have always thought you would be logical in this type research.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never accused you of personal attacks and I did not read this very long post. You can be a crappy poster without calling people names.

I think being one of about 4 posters taking this side against everyone else and, IMO, making more logical, rational and accurate posts is a pretty good poster. At least I stay on subject. Oh well, carry on being a great poster and slinging personal insults! I'm impressed! :whistle:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1.) You keep saying that there is no way that report is accurate, yet you have provided nothing other than your opinion to prove otherwise.

2.) Yet he advocates a rule change BEFORE there is any evidence to support such a change.